So I've started reworking the tbi harness, I've gotten rid of all the emissions stuff and trans control. I'm only reworking it for fuel and spark. I currently have the 4 pin module on it instead of the mopar ignition box so wiring will be easy on ignition side. I just got the tbi unit harness and ecm out off a 92 gmc Sierra. I'm gonna keep carb on it so I can try to make it to the meet next month. I just replaced the starter it was long over due, sometimes it work other times it just spins the starter clutch. I finally added a fuel pressure regulator and after all this she dont want to idle unless she's on the yellow cam.
Alright so the van looks like it has a blown head gasket so I just ordered all the parts and ima tear into it on the 4th. I'm just gonna do the tbi swap then too. I got all the parts except for a knock sensor and temp and o2 sensor but since I'm gonna pull the head. I'll weld in the bung into the exhaust.
So in the meantime, I have gotten all the sensors and have finished trimming down the harness to everything I need but left enough on each wire I cut in case I wanted to add it on later. I still need to grab a lil check engine light to add but other than that she's done. I've tore into the engine and did the head gaskets, I dropped the head on the gasket and had to get a new felpro one but after that slip up she's all together except the manifold. I'm still cleaning it up to add all the sensors and modules. While I was pulling the exhaust. I went ahead and added a o2 bung. Autozone had to special order one so I grabbed a doorman help anti fouler, cut it in half and welded it in. Works perfect.