Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39
Re: Stinky Scott's Chevy Shorty
kursed #749653 June 14th 2019 4:36 pm
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
That's a resistor, usually used on older points/condenser ignition systems to reduce from 12 volts down to 8 to 9 volts running. I don't believe that's an original part.

AdSense long
CatFish #749655 June 14th 2019 5:25 pm
kursed Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by CatFish
That's a resistor, usually used on older points/condenser ignition systems to reduce from 12 volts down to 8 to 9 volts running. I don't believe that's an original part.

Ah, that would make sense since it was originally an inline six, maybe 82 had points distributor on the L6? Not sure, but it will come off now that I know I'm not going to use it for something else. Thanks Catfish!

Last edited by kursed; June 14th 2019 5:26 pm.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
kursed #749785 June 18th 2019 10:37 am
pooh-bah
pooh-bah
That's a Mopar ballast resistor. Not just for points. It was used with the factory electronic ignition starting in '73 I think it was, and continuing on for many years. Also part of the Direct Connection and Mopar Performance replacement electronic ignition kits.

You can see it pictured here. Sorry I cannot add a hyperlink at this time using "quick reply", which is the only way I can post currently.

https://www.manciniracing.com/eldicokit1.html

Edit: Looks like the site converts the address to a hyperlink automatically....nice!

Last edited by Dyno_Dave; June 18th 2019 10:38 am.
Dyno_Dave #749801 June 18th 2019 6:05 pm
kursed Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Dyno_Dave
That's a Mopar ballast resistor. Not just for points. It was used with the factory electronic ignition starting in '73 I think it was, and continuing on for many years. Also part of the Direct Connection and Mopar Performance replacement electronic ignition kits.

You can see it pictured here. Sorry I cannot add a hyperlink at this time using "quick reply", which is the only way I can post currently.

Edit: Looks like the site converts the address to a hyperlink automatically....nice!

Interesting. Wonder how and why that would have ended up on a GM van.

kursed #749802 June 18th 2019 6:20 pm
addict
addict
I got something like that for my led lights..you put in the line to make the blinkers blink. It's not just for ignition.

Last edited by Lionvan; June 18th 2019 6:23 pm.
kursed #749823 June 19th 2019 10:35 am
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by kursed

They are "Irish Twins" LOL Jasmine is oldest on left at 14, Miakota (Mia for short) on right is 13. They are 13 months apart. We've been asked if they were twins everywhere we go since they were about 2 and 3.

My sister and I were 15 months apart, I have my 2 oldest are 15 months apart, and my kids from my wife's previous marriage are 16 months apart, so I understand that completely!

Hope everybody is feeling better at home!

kursed #749825 June 19th 2019 10:38 am
pooh-bah
pooh-bah

Because I'm stupid. Despite the title of this thread, I just assumed we were looking at a Dodge or Plymouth.

Dyno_Dave #750086 June 28th 2019 9:02 pm
kursed Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

Because I'm stupid. Despite the title of this thread, I just assumed we were looking at a Dodge or Plymouth.

LOL No worries. We all do it from time to time. I blame those moments on the doghouse letting fumes get to my brain a little easier than normal.

kursed #750211 July 03rd 2019 1:48 pm
kursed Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I haven't had a ton of time to work on her lately, but I've managed a few little things here and there. Picked up some parts today that should help get things moving along soon. We are trying to remodel a house, and that is where my current garage is located. The garage (as well as the house) was in horrible shape, so we've spent quite a bit of time cleaning and reorganizing it lately. Hopefully have it sorted soon and I can pull the van in for the engine/front clip swap.

I gifted the exhaust manifolds off the 305 to a local fellow in need.
[Linked Image]

Some of the garage progress we've been making.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Picked up a Superior 500 wooden steering wheel off of the "Vanners Inc.." Facebook group. I ALWAYS prefer buying used off of fellow vanners if I can. I actually grabbed two steering wheels, for cheaper shipped than one would have cost used on eBay, the second one will go in my 72 Chevelle. The one I'm using on the van was in really nice shape. Sanded down and ready for stain. Hit it with some Minwax "Red Mahogany" stain and 3 coats of poly. Let the poly cook for a few days, sanded again today, and hit it with a couple more coats of poly. Will do the same again after vacation, we are heading to the beach tomorrow for a few days.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Picked up a front clip at the scrap yard today. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to need the whole thing, but figured I might as well grab it when I found it. Also grabbed 2 captain seats with arm rests for my new front seats. The seats are loaded in the back of "Clean Francine" for now, so I'll grab better pics when we toss them in the garage tonight.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

And a teaser shot of the Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe. My grandpa bought it new, my pop bought it from grandpa when he graduated highschool. Pop put a 71 Z28 350 in it, I got it as a highschool graduation gift. As soon as the van is on the road and somewhat clean, I'll be starting on the Chevelle.
[Linked Image]

Page 9 of 39 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 38 39

Moderated by  Astro 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members