Finally I found new love of my life and me being me (nothing is good enough out of the box) have to pimp it. It's 92' Chevy G20 with 5l V8:)
As I don't have a garage and still most of the stuff doing myself it is gonna be a few years project, but eventually it will be unrecognizable. I have a list of stuff that I want to do to my baby and everything has to be one at the time coz it is my daily driver. Here's my plans:
1.Less is more. Hide all hinges, gullwing side and rear doors, flush mount door handles etc, very minimalistic design.
2. Flat/mat red paint job.
3. Digital gauges, LCD screens in the dash with cams as rear view mirrors.
4. The lower I go the more she likes it:) Smaller wheels, 3in drop spindles + leaf spring shackles, airbags later with 4link suspension. I want to ride as low as possible without frame mods.
5. Sunroof windows, 25pcs altogether.
6. Cedar strip canoe style interior, red flocked dash with carbon/kevlar molded parts.
7. Some engine mods- camshafts, better carb etc.
8. Magnaflow or similar exhaust.
9. Have some beer and a lot of fun while DIYing:)
Let's start tidying up the bumpers. Here's what original front one looks like:
I got rid of side brackets and cut the middle ones a bit. Made incisions in the bumper so I can slide it in the brackets to have a nice 1/4" gap from the bumper to the body. Also had to cut a bit in and fold the ends towards the body as bumper lines does not match body lines:
Tacked it then welded everything, as well as all bolt holes. Bondo on, primer on, and it is gonna stay like this until it rolls in to bodyshop for painty job. Here's what it looks like now:
Rear one was much worse than the front one- sticking out 2" out the back and 3" each side, I had to shorten it whole 6 inches! Did same style as the front one and mounted white LED strip for plates' lights:
Also in the pics you the change of wheels. Instead of existing R16s I put 205/55/R17, what lowered the van by 1":)