Well... Despite breaking down an hour after buying her, 60 miles from home, the drive home was finally finished after four days in the shop. The damage?
- Water pump
- Timing chain cover
- New shocks all around
- New rear brakes
- Wheel cylinder
- Oil change
But she's safer, more reliable, and the all needles were locked in right in middle of normal.
Tomorrow we start with projects.
First things first... Safety issues.
- Hood prop bar is busted.
- Turn signal switch won't lock
- Dash console lights aren't working so night driving is hard
- Sliding door rear latch is busted and the door is held shut with a sliding bolt - locks passengers in. No bueno.
- AC isn't working. Vent door isn't opening and there is a faint pair of hissing sounds every other second when it's on.
- Roof rack was pulled and stripped. That open screw hole is a water leak risk
- 10" wheels in rear. 7" up front. I have the other wheels for both sets. Going to unify on the 7", sell the 10" set and but a spare.
And of course... Completely gut her and make a camper.