Thought I would share some pics. Van is an 89 g30 that I am building into a 4x4 with pathfinder parts from my current van I am using for my camping rig.
As you all probably know, the underside of the engine well has always been a problem on these vans. Over the years, the foil blows off the fiberglass and is just a mess. I took all of that out, reinsulated and then covered it with .063 aluminum treadbrite. It turned out really nice.
The same goes for the engine cover. The insulation was just a mess so I removed and cleaned and ordered some heat mat and covered the inside. It also turned out really nice.
There are hardly any parts made for these vans so whatever you want has to be completely custom and one off.
This van is getting a Ramjet 350 crate engine. I am also replacing the 400 turbo and np205 with an nv4500 and atlas 2 transfer. Suprisingly this van was not that bad to engineer a clutch pedal for.
I love these vans and love to work on them.
Re: Various pictures of the work......
#731032 December 22nd 2017 12:45 pmDecember 22nd 2017 12:45 pm