Rate Thread
98 Choo Choo Customs wiring help
#730860 December 17th 2017 9:38 pm
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Is there a power distribution block or additional fuse panel somewhere in the back of the van or behind the rear radio? Courtesy lights quit working and cant seem to find the source of power. I have white wires coming from under the drivers seat straight up the the courtesy lights switch and then right back again to where it came from. No power anywhere on these wires or switch.

AdSense long
Re: 98 Choo Choo Customs wiring help
Mattdiem #730862 December 17th 2017 10:46 pm
carpal tunnel
carpal tunnel
Originally Posted by Mattdiem
Is there a power distribution block or additional fuse panel somewhere in the back of the van or behind the rear radio?

Yes, there is an additional fuse panel. There should be a circuit breaker under the hood wired to the positive terminal of the battery. The heavy wire from it will lead to the aux fuse panel. Check the white wires you mentioned, they may simply provide a ground (via the switch) to operate the lights.

BTW...how did that 1 ton Dodge you were working on turn out? Or maybe an update on that '93 G20?

Re: 98 Choo Choo Customs wiring help
Mattdiem #730873 December 18th 2017 10:01 am
M
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thanks.. I'm assuming it's somewhere behind the panels for the rear radio and audio controls.. I'll start looking there unless anyone knows otherwise.

The 93 G20 I sold to a couple that planned on converting it into a camper and hitting the west coast. He was a competitive surfer and she was a photographer or artist or something. I can't really remember but she had a blog and they posted the transformation and mods they made. Came out really nice. I followed them for a while but lost track. I sorta regreted it because it only had 62K on it and really was like new. We just never drove it once we got the Dodge class B. It's all good tho, now that I found another low mile gem. The wife and kids were out growning her jeep liberty and I was looking around and finding only totally destroyed or rusted out vans. Finally picked up a 98 dodge Choo Choo customs on ebay. It was down in Georgia and had zero rust. Only 64,000miles. And looked almost new inside and out and even underneath. Took a leap of faith and bought it unseen. Wired the money, flew down and drove it back to New Jersey. It is awesome for almost 20 yrs old to be rust free. I'll have to post some pics. I feel bad bringing it here where they salt so much.

What I finally did to stabilize my Roadtrek (89 dodge B250).... Was having trouble sourcing 350 parts to try and fit. I ended up keeping the stock spindles and axles brakes Ect. I got a set of 16in rims from a 98 dodge ram pick up. By getting away from the 15in rim, it allowed me to mount some proper 10 ply high load rating tires. I added the bolt on wheel spacers to correct for back spacing of the new rims and I even went a little wider in the back to widen the track. I also upgraded the front sway bar to the fattest one I could find and added a rear sway bar. Some helper springs added to the rear leafs and new shocks all around. I did it all at the same time so the transformation was amazing. Way safer and more fun to drive.

Last edited by Mattdiem; December 18th 2017 10:03 am.

Moderated by  Astro, Ram4ever 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
drivestylish, MGCBBQ, rick74, Keithl, G10brett
12736 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)