Still doing the refit of bits n pieces after the respray.
while fitting the locks/handles etc in the cargo doors I noticed bits of wood/sawdust by the edge of the carpet. On investigation I found the baseboard had been wet at some time over the past few years and was crumbling away. I`m sure this was caused by the fact that when I bought the van there were no door seal rubbers on the cargo doors, allowing water into the floor.
I took my time and peeled back the carpet and underlay which is still in good condition. The baseboard was pretty much stuffed so I measured back to solid wood and cut out the bad. Now to the timber yard tomorrow, buy a new piece - marine ply if I can get it and make it all good again. Happily I can say again there is no rust in my van, pulling back all that carpet just confirmed it.