I got in more sandblasting and powdercoating before it rained.
I took a picture in the sunlight of the parts I had finished powdercoating. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out so far:
The reddish purple candy is somewhat similar to the color I intend to use on my fiberglass dash when I build and paint it, only it will contain colored flake.
I finished up the sandblasting and powdercoating on my core supports:
I also pulled out my cruise control servo brackets and hood latch, and blasted and coated them too. The hood latch will require several passes yet due to it's having such a complex shape with integral parts which can occupy several positions.
This powdercoat is really some pretty tough stuff; I accidentally had laid down an excessive thickness on one area of the driver side core support (it's a bit difficult to estimate the thickness of matte black) so it trapped some air and bubbled a bit in the oven. I took my random orbital sander to it to smooth it out, and was favorably impressed at just how tough it is; it took some genuine effort to remove the bubbles with 180 grit, and the adjacent areas practically laughed at my efforts. -Definitely should withstand insect and pebble strikes! It also smoothed right out and flowed together seamlessly where I did the sanding and touch up.
I can see where powdercoating could get to be a habit...
Now I'm debating on whether I should clean up the surface rust on my tube grille and powdercoat it with clear, or powdercoat it black, like I'd been planning all along...
I also checked into a set of turbine rims, but they were the wrong bolt pattern. Bummer! First set I ever had a realistic chance at.