Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Re: building a "Mule"
DocCyber #272250 March 15th 2009 2:40 pm

Vanthropologist

Vanthropologist
Originally Posted by DocCyber
I remember those dayz.......being in the custom business i know all about those who trailer and those who wont..it is a big deal.....it is woven in the fabric of our early vannin constitution....you didnt trailer your rigs.

but look if someone wants to dump a bunch of cash into just towing a van..go for it.....it can be done right.

I think the mule idea is a great theme.....but there should be a trailer queen trophy plain and simple.

I like the wild wolves......id step it up to grizzlies though and realy make that thing ferociouse

Reading this criticism of building the mule is very disappointing. In the past few months we have gone so far in gaining acceptances by the public at indoor shows across the country bringing to them vans and displays that can compete head to head with the cars. We've gained a new interest by the media and have even had a front page photo in a major daily. To discourage vanners from protecting these prized vans from the elements is unacceptable. To do this over a number of unrelated posts is crossing the line.

Virtual #272255 March 15th 2009 3:13 pm
veteran
veteran
I agree Virtual, well put, as to the rest of you guys why don't you just drop the trailer queen subject it's getting very old!!

Smitty
1976 Ford, 1976 Ford#2, 1978 Ford, 1988 Ford
2000 Dodge,1995 Harley RoadKing, 1999 GMC Hightop Cobra

Co Chairman Southern Ohio Van Council
Tri County Vans SOVC Rep
Member Tri County Vans 1975 to Present.
Former President Tri County Vans (No officers anymore)
Former Vice President Tri County Vans
Host of the 23rd Nationals 1995, 30th Nationals 2002, and 1999 C of C
Certified Nats Judge

smitty #272271 March 15th 2009 4:44 pm
addict
addict
I think building a mule is great.....nothing wrong with it but there is more then one voice in the vannin world and some of these subjects are as old as vannin themself so again the moderates want to come in and stiffle a conversation that has a history in vannin.

Some of you boyz have gotten old.......

as far as anyone accepting anything....you guyz control that, the media doesnt nor does the public..to think because you put a few vans in a show vannin might now be accepted....rediculouse....there have been vans in shows throughout the last 40 years+.its attitude and desire to be whatever you want to be.......you dont need to be accepted....you are accepted in attitude and what you believe

the thread was about turning that chevy into a mule.....well maybe thats money being thrown away...is trailering vans now accepted because the moderates say so...are you now the rule makers as well.............i dont think so......i think the radicals have a voice the left the right...and the moderates....thats the democracy i live in......the trailer queen subject is old......its not getting old...as lunar-c pointed out.........some of you guyz are gettin.....old......bring back the lawn chairs.

i thought the discussion was balanced and even and i enjoyed the whole read.....it wasnt boring but relavant

Last edited by DocCyber; March 15th 2009 4:47 pm.
DocCyber #272276 March 15th 2009 4:49 pm
old hand
old hand
yeah yeah tmi

Rick Blandford
V.O.I.C.E.S.
Oswego River Vans Assoc.
Fulton N.Y.13069
[Blue Magoo] {Trophy Hog}
BlueMagoo #272371 March 15th 2009 11:51 pm
addict
addict
so woookie....what ya think about that mule...i like those chevs now that i have a couple now...although i gotta say the ford dash and interior is much nicer.......but the room in those chevs are real nice........now i need to find a tradesman.

whata think.....tandum rear stretched 2 feet with a moderate chop...........kind of wondering about these 2 i have...if mules are now ...vogue.....maybe seeing one realy pimped...what ya thinking.....whats your ultimate mule look like

BlueMagoo #272376 March 16th 2009 12:09 am
W
wookee Offline OP
carpal tunnel
OP Offline
carpal tunnel
W
Luna,this was your van correct.......

[Linked Image]

Doc C you are a couple steps off plumb.The vanners did the show in Detriot for one thing PROMOTE VANNING and the life style.
It was nice to get noticed by the media.That was an added bonus.......
We really could care less if the custom world accepts us we are who we are.
Attending selected show through out the year is the best way we can promte our life style.talk to new paople and let some of the vanners that went else where we are stilll alive and well.
I also feel as though that vanners building vans and taking the extra effort to keep them nice is a good sighn that our life style is still healthy.......

back to the mule.......
after paying for a couple of paint jobs through out the years and recieving some thing not much better than I could have done myself I swore I was doing every thing my self.
I have the color picked out for the "Beast".
[Linked Image]

I am pretty sure I can work that color in with some graphics into the red that is on the 89 right know.
Being a jack of all trades and a absolute masrter of none.I will even have to break out my dual action Badger air brush and do some stuff to the best of my ability.
There is sooo many really neat tricks that are fairly simple to do but look allot harder.
The neat thing about doing things my self is if I don't like it I can always change it.
Hell I might get this done and hate pulling a trailer
The down side is is time.I am not in a big hurry life is way to short to fret the small stuff......

.........Wookee

Its a "Van Thing"
A life style you have to LIVE to understand!

[Linked Image]

Vintage Chevy Van Club
DocCyber #272379 March 16th 2009 12:20 am
W
wookee Offline OP
carpal tunnel
OP Offline
carpal tunnel
W
Originally Posted by DocCyber
whata think.....tandum rear stretched 2 feet with a moderate chop...........kind of wondering about these 2 i have...if mules are now ...vogue.....maybe seeing one realy pimped...what ya thinking.....whats your ultimate mule look like

that would be sweet........
I am personally starting out simple.
Once I get my self into the position that more time cam be spent on my combo.They will both recieve changes.
I have tried to do somthing new to the "Beast" each year for the "Nationals"........

Thats what is so freaking neat about vans.Drive them for a while you get tired of what ever it is you change it.

........Wookee

Its a "Van Thing"
A life style you have to LIVE to understand!

[Linked Image]

Vintage Chevy Van Club
wookee #272380 March 16th 2009 12:26 am
addict
addict
yea i know that......im just a differnt thinker.....i could care less about promoting a lifestyle........but getting back into the custom scene..now thats worth it...but to try and promote lifestyle....not sure why anyone would do that. you are what you are...you dont need to be recognized for it.....if you like vannin cool....dont shove it down my throat.its like religeon.....so you believe..cool keep it to yourself....thats how i feel about the van lifestyle....its a so what for me. If you like that life..go fer it and live it till it kills ya..but its not important that others feel that way.

anywayz...........do-it-yourself is the way to go.....thats what its about....so you dont look like the pro down the street but who cares.....some of the craziest creations where from novice who wernt afarad to do something crazy......gotta love those types.

drive way lacquer rules....hehehehe.

ya got that badger to work did ya.......most finacky thing in the tool shed

DocCyber #272381 March 16th 2009 12:33 am
addict
addict
Looks like ill be selling some toys...got a few quads i need to let go probably sell my pro street chopper.....then get seriouse about those chevs......the mids get done this year though.........but know what ya mean about gettin a bug and changing things.......been a curse at times

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Astro 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Donate

Upcoming Events
discovery
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 21 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TheDrunkenGunsmith, Jac, LOVclassics, ZenMuffin, Milkman530
12724 Registered Users