Went to look at a stainless roof rack yesterday, turned out to be a turd. Decided last night that I didn't need a roof rack at all and so I set out to clean up the look of Buckeye.

Before with morning dew:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Removed roof rack and ladder. Filled bottom ladder holes by tapping them to 10-32 and installing stainless pan head bolts with rubber flat washers and a dab of ultra black.

I also got rid of the IBS emblem (integrated belting system) cuz ain't nobody needa be riding down the road advertising IBS.

For the top holes I just got a new strip of reflective tape and covered them after covering the bare metal with touch up paint. It wasn't too bad getting all the old stuff off but the new tape is a tad wider than the factory stuff. It looks ok I guess. Good enough until I get it painted.

Then I tapped the 7/16" holes on the roof to 7/16 - 20 and filled them with some stainless hex bolts I had laying around. I cut the bolts to 1/2" long and put a 3/8" O-ring on the bolt and a dab of ultra black. This will last until I get some 7/16" pan head bolts to make it look a little cleaner... And that should last until I get it painted in a few years and have the holes welded up.

I'm pretty happy with the way it looks without all the jewelry.

And how about that Central Texas sunset?