Harness is installed and works well. Only need to lengthen the two control wires and route them to the PCM inside the engine harness. The PCM will be controlling the fans based off coolant temp and a/c pressure. I am adding a GM a/c pressure transducer to the a/c discharge hose between the compressor and condenser. I tested the fans on video. First on low speed with the motors in series for 6 volts each. Then on high speed with the fans in parallel and 12 volts each. Fans draw 9.25 amps on low and 37 amps on high. The startup amperage spike is also very low with this wiring arrangement. The PCM will also run the fans only as much as needed so less wasted energy. With the PCM controlling the fans I can adjust the idle airflow when the fans turn on and off to maintain a steady idle speed. The PCM is also going to control the alternator when I am done with the wiring changes which means stable voltage as the fans turn on and off. I am going to try to bend the trans cooler mounting bracket in toward the condenser to get more airflow through it. It sticks out close over 2" from the condenser now because the condenser is thinner. Even so the airflow through the trans cooler will still pull a paper towel against it on low speed and hold it in place. But with the 2,800 rpm stall converter its hard to go overkill on trans cooling.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

https://youtu.be/VavjEubOni4

Last edited by 1983G20Van; July 12th 2021 12:48 pm.

1983 G20 Conversion Van, 350 TPI, Reed Hydraulic Roller cam, Ported 906 Vortec, Edelbrock 3817 TPI-Vortec Base, Doug Thorley Tri-Ys, Dual 2 1/2" exhaust, Speed Density 7730 ECM tuned by ME, 700r4 by ME, Stock 1,600 rpm converter, Rebuilt Stock 10 bolt with posi by ME, 3.08 gears, 358 RWHP @ 5,200, 384 RWTQ @ 3,400, 14.66 @ 95.43 w 2.28s 60'