Getting ready to build my Original 350 in my 74' G10. Going to check out Action Cylinder Heads in Santee CA. Old school shop and referred by another shop local to my job.
Of course I want to talk to more than one shop and I remember a post by Scrojira ( I believe ) about a shop in San Marcos CA with a contact. Can't find it.

Looking to do a nice build like I had on my original 74' back in the day; however want it to be great cross country. Not really concerned with gas mileage.
I believe a 315 Horsepower with 335 pound-ft torque as in my 2013 Silverado would be good so I can invest in great suspension for a superior ride and of course later my paint & interior.

So much is on the net about a 700R vs Turbo350 trans. I had a mild build in my original 74'G10 and did fine on long trips per my memory. One Transmission shop that wants me to do the 700R
seemed negative on the 350 trans and said I wouldn't do well at freeway speeds and for the life of me I never remember that being an issue back in the day.

All advice is appreciated . Thanks SD