When you cut off the original shaft, was there a DD receptacle inside for the DD shaft, or is it just round and the flat parts of the DD shaft grab nothing?

If the latter, and if there is only that one 10-24 through bolt, then your entire steering is dependent on the shear strength of that 10-24 bolt, which is not acceptable.

My original coupler has a 3/8" grade 5 through bolt( perhaps grade 8) , AND the DD receptacle.

I see two additional screw heads, do these screws also go all the way through the DD shaft as well?

If it is just the single 10-24 through bolt and no DD receptacle in steering column, I'd not trust the strength.

If that bolt shears, you will have no steering.
It would likely shear when parking and perhaps not be so dangerous, but I imagine getting it out, to replace, would be a nightmare.

That through bolt, I say make it grade 5 minimum, and no less than 5/16" diameter.

I'd hate to think the whole steering was dependent on the shear strength of one 10-24 stainless through bolt, and the worst were to happen.

If there is no DD receptacle inside the steering column for the DD shaft, please make that through bolt thicker and check it often. With no power assist, think about how hard it is to turn that steering wheel with the engine off and when not moving, how much stress is on that through bolt.

Then go see how easy it is to bend a 10-24 stainless bolt. or even a grade 5 10-24.