Hello all, Thanks for letting me Join:
Once upon a Time, A verry long time ago, I too set out on the quest for the "perfect Van" . I am now here, hoping to find and capture the elusive and mysterious "perfect van". I know that it will be a chevy, if I find it. I over the course of a mis-spent youth owned many vans of great potential, starting with the 1966 Van, that the family named "mabel". I drove her from 1970, (rolling her over once) until early 1975. I purchased a New 1974 Van (black with windows) 6 month wait for black (COPO option) Drove it a year and 35,000 miles, had Cragar SS wheels, headers, and dual Exhaust on it almost from day one. Took it to A National van event in November of 1974 in the Washington DC area. Next up was a 1975 Bright red, kept it until the $133 / mo car payment started interfering with the $155 / Month Mortgage on my house., so back to a 1965 Van, Then a couple of older service type used vans (A 71, and I think a 73) Then a shiny new Black 78, and then Gas went nuts again and my wife discovered she was carsick whenever she rode in the van...So that ended the Van years. So anyway, As Arnold Says...I'm Back!