Hello everyone, my name is Gabriel, I'm from Uruguay and I just bought a '76 GMC Vandura which I'm going to pick up tomorrow.

It's not in very good shape but it's the only one I could find (they're pretty rare around here). I took my bodywork guy to see her and he thinks it's recoverable so I just made the (possibly terrible) decision.

It's supposed to be a '76 but it has the 6.2L diesel engine, so for what I've been reading it either sounds like it's not a '76, the engine was swapped, or it's not a 6.2. I'll be able to tell more once I get my hands on it.

Going to need a lot of data from experts in the future so I figured I'd join this forum smile

This is my first van, by the way, so it's a whole new world for me. I'm a bit scared I won't be able to get this thing to a state where I can drive it for many miles (my end objective - using it for travel) so any words of encouragement are very welcome!

Attached some pics from the dealership where I got it from. It cannot be seen clearly there but it has a decent amount of rust. The frame looks pretty good when seen from below though.

Cheers,
Gabriel

Last edited by vanduy; October 30th 2019 12:16 pm.