I set up the dyno in my driveway on Sunday. Just to fine tune the fuel tables a bit. My neighbors are mostly nice about it as long as I don't do it too often. The second picture is last years beginning pull with an open air cleaner and the under drive pulley. Compared to the Vortec head swap, tiny 196 duration roller cam, and better exhaust system. It still uses the TBI and the stock exhaust manifolds. Its still a truck engine, it runs out of breath about 4000 rpm but the huge increase in torque over the stock engine helps a lot when pulling 10,000 lbs of van, trailer and dyno around. There is some differences between the runs, In the last runs I locked the converter early and locked it in gear to prevent the converter from locking mid run. I also used a mathematical ratio to figure rpm and its slightly off. Its not a big deal, but its a difference when comparing the two. Mostly the runs where to dial in the fuel table, for that you just need load and a wideband. The runs were just for information at the end of the work.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Don_F; July 17th 2019 10:43 am.