Go to www.slantsix.org and read through the stickies in the engine section, read through the tech articles, and ask questions. For a street driven van I wouldn't buy anything from Clifford.

I would start by etermining what you have right now. A 1982 van might have had some form of lean burn computer or it might not. I would start by getting a shop manual for your van (a real factory one, not a Haynes or Chiltons) and repairing all the damage done by the previous owners. Trace and reconnect all the vacuum lines. Give it a good tuneup and see how well it will run in stock form. Only after you have a good baseline to build from would I start thinking about making any modifications. The biggest problem you will face is the air cleaner. Six cylinder Dodge vans use special offset air cleaners to clear the engine cover on the driver's side. Keep that in mind if you start thinking about changing the fuel delivery system.

The only carburetion change I would make would be to a "Super Six" setup like the factory did, but you have to deal with the air cleaner. Read the article i wrote about the Super Six over on www.slantsix.org

You will be better served installing a free flowing exhaust and working on the cylinder head to increase compression than by getting Clifford's "power package."

Windows- they're what make a van worth owning!