I told my friend I’m going to take those ports off his hands. It’s too good to pass on.

Going to wait to do any mechanically related projects like
the headers until I have a few more parts (dealing with what to do on the smog ports) on hand and I really have been itching to clean up the wheel wells on this, it’s one of the first things I see as I walk up to this van. Again, it was originally cream and the PO, only sprayed the outside of the van so I’m taking care of things that really bother me.

Took the wheels off and both sides looked like this. Dirty, had overspray, road grime and chunks of rock and whatnot.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Washed, sanded and degreased.
[Linked Image]

Satin frame paint, rubberized wheel well coating. Wanted a more durable coating other than paint. This should hold up well. It will never be driven in snow, just rain at times.
[Linked Image]

This shit sucks, to be honest. It sprayed horribly on the second can and just got really thick, but oh well. Just don’t use this brand! I watched a few vids and none of theirs looked this bad. It was more a stream than a fan.
[Linked Image]

You can see this is the final result on the passenger side. I had to adjust the way I sprayed this side to atleast get it evenly splattered, I guess you could say.
[Linked Image]

Drivers side sprayed on way better but barely. It got all over my hands and was just a messy spray altogether.
[Linked Image]

I want to do the back wheels wells but need to do a bit more research on a better product before I do that. I may go see what I can find tomorrow.

Last edited by Deathorvictory; July 06th 2019 8:51 pm.

1987 B250 - Painkiller