Okay folks, I'm not going to bore you to death with this thing, but I thought I would do a "build" thread under the Reader's Rides section just to show any progress or maintenance done that might help.

We picked up this gal yesterday for the new family wagon. 2000 Chevy Astro LS with 85,000 original miles. Garage kept, single owner, and pretty darn clean. She's not perfect, we saw quite a bit of rust scale underneath from the PA salty roads, but mostly scale on the frame and leaf spring perches. Also a bit on the front crossmember. We will be taking care of that very soon. We got this to replace my Wife's 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ as we had it on the lift last week doing the rear shocks and found the floor pans were rusted out from the firewall to the back cargo area on both sides. So needless to say we're a little anxious about rust these days.

The driver front window motor overheats, so the window goes up and down when it feels like it. Usually you can get it about half way, then wait for it to cool off and get a little more. I've ordered a new motor from Amazon along with a lock actuator for the driver door power lock while I have the door panel off. Going to look at some 5.25 speakers for the doors today or sometime this weekend.

Overall I'm very pleased with it. I love how she rides like a full size van instead of your typical modern minivan. The kids (7, 13, and 14) are all super excited to have something with some leg room that they can spread out in for a change (compared to the 2014 Civic or 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport we typically daily drive).

Here she is.
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by kursed; April 01st 2021 2:20 pm.