'Sup fellow vanners, grease monkeys, DIYers and the rest:)
My name is Mindi (short for Mindaugas), otherwise known as Robo. Originally I'm from Lithuania, lived 13 years in Ireland, now residing in Canada BC. I had VW T25 in Lithuania, same one in Ireland, and in Canada I decided to embrace a good ol' Chevy with V8. Vans was always my choice of wheels and if you shine a UV lights inside my van in Lithuania, it would put glowing Avatar stuff to shame... LOL But hey, I was 20 then and now being 40 with wife 4 kids I ain't gonna make my van a shagginvagon.
I was looking for a Chevy shorty from 70s but they're rare around me and out of my pocket so I got a 92' Chevy G20. It has 5l V8, 4 speed auto, a cargo van. It is an empty shell for me to do whatever my imagination and hands are capable of. Exactly what I was looking for:)
I'm a self taught DIY mechanic, still don't know lots of things, but there's nothing I can't learn and DIYing everything is my religion. I've been building RC models from scratch probably straight out of diapers, ships carpenter by trade, have auto body work, composites, and construction experience and a framing/finishing carpenter as for now to feed my family of 6 and my needs for my van. Oh, forgot to mention the beer as well:)
I take criticism well and always with a smile therefore you don't have to take it easy on a new guy, I can take it, with a good dose of humor:) I started a thread of my project (https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/742852/robos-lowrider-boogie-van.html) so feel free to join me in my quest, point at my mistakes or give me suggestions.
Nice to meet you everybody and thanks for having me here,
Robo

If it's broken- I'll fix it! If it's not- I'll break it to figure it out how it works so I can fix it.