1975 Dodge B100 here. Non-tilt. The steering wheel won't return to center while driving. I've only driven it a couple times before I replaced (and continue to replace) lots of parts, as I bought this girl not running back in December and it's my first van. OK, NEW steering gear, drag link, ball joints, control arm bushings, shocks, tires, rotors, calipers/pads, brake hoses, GRANT steering wheel, and paid for an alignment job. With drag link disconnected from steering arm- tires and tie rods, ball joints move nice, no binding. Still disconnected drag link- I feel the steering wheel is hard to turn while engine is running, harder than my old steering gear, plus when engine is OFF, if the steering wheel is turned back and forth rapidly, a clunk can be heard coming from steering gear and I feel this is not normal, lol. I've bled the system repeatedly. The pump is quiet, and not leaking, no aeration in fluid. I feel I have a bad steering gear that needs warrantied but I'm open to your guys thoughts please, sorry for the lengthy post, I'm trying to not forget anything. I did try and adjust the Sector, but it seems that is only for steering wheel free play?? as it didn't change the effort needed to turn the steering wheel, only the "slack" Again, my main concern is ZERO return to center of steering wheel while driving. No binding, no unusual noises either. Tires full of air too, lol. Bad steering gear is prognosis and thanks in advance, fellas!! -JD
:

1975 Dodge B100 shorty. 318, 3/tree