Hi all!
I’m new to the forum but not to vanning, my latest project is a 2003 Ford E350 extended wheelbase 15 passenger Econoline with a 7.3L powerstroke diesel V8.

I bought this vehicle primarily to pull our 35 foot travel trailer, I wanted something very reliable and a good platform to modify. My plans are dual wheel rear axle, The normal 7.3 L engine mods, front inner cooler, 2008 through 14 front end, and an amazing set of super long chrome side pipes! 22 1/2 inch semi wheels are slated at a later date!
I’m pretty well on the way to having everything rounded up I need except I am stumped on what rear axle to use.
Being I am doing the work myself and am of course like most others on a pretty strict budget I am hoping to find something that is bolt in and the same bolt pattern as the E-series van which is 8 x 6.5. I’m also hoping to find something with a 4.10 gear and the same bolt pattern with disc brakes.
I think that some dodge trucks have the same bolt pattern possibly Chevrolet also, I would just like to find something that has as little modifying as possible.
I know that a box van and or ambulance rear differential will bolt in place but is not wide enough for the standard van chassis.
I have found a ton of different places to source numerous different rear ends but none of these places have given me any good ideas on how to go about figuring out what I want to do.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks