Hi Folks,
About two months ago, I purchased a 2008 E250 that was modified to 4-wheel drive by Quigley. I plan on converting it to a beach surf fishing “mobile motel”, so there won’t be any rock climbing. I need the 4-wheel drive for the often soft sand on beaches along the North Carolina outer banks. So far, I have stripped everything out of the van except the two seats which will be out once I receive my Torx PLUS T55. Thank you forum posters for alerting me to the Torx PLUS version of those tools. Looks like I’ll be returning the non-Plus set back to Harbor Freight soon. I drove it back from the Indianapolis area and almost bought the farm on the way. No death wobble, but unnerving sway at highway speeds. Yes, once I tore everything out, it is an official rust bucket. Many of your posts have made me feel a lot more confident about what needs to be done. I am thinking about starting a project post to submit photos and solicit suggestions as the project progresses. I don’t know if there is an area in the forum for this since I am so new to the forum. So, thanks in advance to those of you who have tackled similar projects and would like to comment as I progress. Photos coming soon.