Hi all!

My name is Rich and my partner Aly and I purchased last September a sweet as hell 1991 Dodge B250 Zephyr conversion van. It's got the smooth running but fairly underpowered TBI 318, 4-spd auto, 65,xxx original miles and a interior that feels like driving around on your living room couch. I'll get some pics up soon. It is a seriously sweet ride! We have already done many weekend and day trips, and are planning a big west coast road trip for this summer. Seattle to New Mexico via Yellowstone and Utah, then home up the Pacific Coast highway. cool We bought the van so far in advance so I would have plenty of time to tinker and make sure it's all ship shape before the big trip!

Since owning it I've done a full tune up, a little bit of cleaning, two new rear tires, some misc electrical fixing (lighting and grounding gremlins, bad switches for the conversion lights, etc). LED headlight and dashboard light conversion. Rear backup camera (just can't see so well through those curtains!) And installed a rear axle locker because I like to ski, which means driving in the snow, which means I want real 2WD and not a one tire fire! I have learned already this ski season that while my locker does what I wanted it to do as far as forward moving traction in snow and mud goes. But no ABS brakes = stopping is sometimes an adventure, DUH! eek

Currently I am amassing an array of suspension parts and such to try and tame the big body roll and constantly bouncy ride. Got a rear sway bar, poly bushings, ride control shocks and a new steering damper coming. I'm hoping to install all or most of it next weekend. And I'm trying to talk myself into a set of headers and a new exhaust to try and coax a few extra ponies out of that 318.

I am a day to day carpenter/home remodeling badass.I went to tech college and have an Auto Repair degree in that. And also have a tech degree in welding and metal fabrication. So while this is my first van toy/project. I am no stranger to vehicle modification, maintenance and whatnot. I am a big fan of early Toyota cars, I own a 75 Celica and still have the 1980 Corolla I bought while in college. Both those cars I have removed and replaced every single nut, bolt, rivet or whatever part you can name.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. Cheers everybody!

- Rich

1991 Dodge B250 Zephyr Conversion. "Bi-frost" 89,000-ish original miles and counting.
- 318TBI; has headwork and other bolt on upgrades. Runs strong and smooth!
- Powertrax locker
- 3" aluminum radiator.
- Rear air springs, rebuilt suspension, steering stabilizer.