A couple of weeks ago I decided to rid of the clutch fan after having an incident this summer that blew out my radiator drain plug and draining all my coolant dry! (It was Texas weather with my A/C on and I left it idling for too long, my fault) With much research done I finally went with a fan kit with FFDynamics fans and boy am I happy! It hasn't gotten as hot as I want it to be to really set them at the desired thermostat temp but so far they are doing their job very well. You can tell that they are making the alternator work slightly harder but they aren't even that loud. It might just be the placebo effect but I'm almost positive I can feel my throttle having more response since I don't have the draw from the clutch fan anymore. I DID NOT remove the radiator for this job which made it a pain in the butt but it still went fine! I got it from a seller on eBay and he communicated with any questions I had about the install and what not. I haven't gotten the chance to take it on a highway trip yet so I can't mention any MPG gains (not that the 454 will sip any less gas than it does). I'm considering doing an electric fan swap for my 2.2L Chevrolet S10. This guy has a kit for everything! If you're interested here's the eBay seller: spikedcollardogs
One thing is for sure, though. I'm glad I got rid of the big plastic housing.

[Linked Image]

BEFORE

[Linked Image]

AFTER

[Linked Image]