Hi, newbie here posting from the UK.

Hope I'm posting in the correct section.

Sorry I don't actually have a van, I have a 1973 Minnie Winnie on a B300 van chassis, so I think I'm half groovy at least cool

Anyway, to the point of my post which is a vanning type thing - I'm looking for ways to reduce front end road noise. I saw that the 1978 model year introduced front coil spring isolators over the top of the springs to reduce road noise (not fitted at all pre-78), so I thought I'd get some and do a retro fit. Problem is I can't find any info. listed anywhere except for much later chassis types, eg. Rockauto doesn't even list any isolators for '78 -->

So, has anyone put isolators on a pre-78 B series and if so can you tell me what fits? Or should I just measure the springs and go for something generic of the appropriate diameter (minimum extra lift) ?

I should mention that the earlier van based motorhomes (like mine) used the lighter front axle (even though it has duallies in the rear). Not sure if that makes a difference to spring size, but it does mean my front springs are more likely to be the same as all your vans out there.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Steve