I have in the past complained about my Dodge B350 with it's carbureted Rochester and 360 motor being hard to start. And it was. crank and crank and crank.
Well this week I was off work and decided to try a starting procedure I read on this forum.
The person stated first to see of there was fuel in the carb by stepping on the gas an looking down the throat to see if indeed it is squirting gas into the carb, and I did this and it was.
Next was to turn on the key and leave it on for say 30 seconds to 1 min. I did that.
Then step all the was to the floor 3 times and check that the butterfly is closed, and It is.
Start van and to my surprise in like 8 or 10 cranks it started and It was 5 below zero out. I could not believe it.
So I'm sure having the carb completely rebuilt by a professional helped but my bad techniques was at fault as well.
I would pump the HELL out of it and crank till I was blue in the face. NOT any more. hard lesson learned ,,, So thanks for teaching me a good lesson. and some good techniques to starting this old beast.
Happy New Year.

Last edited by Jerry_XtraVanTastic; January 05th 2018 1:02 am.