I have a '71 Chevy G10 and it was running great up until today, I recently had some work done and the carb and fuel system was cleaned and checked. Issue started with hesitation when going up a hill. My fuel gauge is stuck at 1/4 so I thought it might be gas so filled it all the way up for the first time (almost 20 gallons). This produced a steady drip of fuel coming from front middle of gas tank. I thought maybe one of the top hoses was leaking so drove it to try to burn off some gas. After about 15 miles carb got flooded and shut off engine, and it wouldn't restart. I let it sit and pushed down flaps to let fuel drain, cranked it without pushing gas pedal and after about 10-15 seconds it started and I drove it a few miles home, where it coasted to a stop and died. From my observations this is what I know:
-Fuel gauge doesn't work so maybe tank float is stuck or malfunctioning
-Gas cap gasket is done and not much of a seal
-There is one single wire sensor on the front driver side of the carb, not connected
-Carb is clean and flaps move, and I see fuel squirting in when I push on gas and push on lower flaps

Any help, please?