I thought I'd make a posting regarding the installation of a steering damper on full sized Chevy G-Series Vans. I ran into a lot of problems figuring out the installation of this particular kit due to extremely archaeic instructions, and it seemed like others around on the forums here had similar issue. So, I figured I'd make a posting about my solution.I was able to install it with no issues and it seems to fit perfectly. The part number of the kit I used is:

Monroe SA1932

The correct way to mount this is on the inside of the drivers side frame rail using the lower rear bolt holding the steering gearbox in place. This is shown in the first photo.

You then mount the stabilizer to the bracket as shown.

The plate and u bolt bracket that gets mounted to the center link is mounted by first turning the steering wheel all the way to the left, then compressing the stabilizer all the way in, with it installed on the L-Bracket, then pulling it out about 1/8th of an inch. The bolt for the center link mounted side of the stabilizer is in the correct position, so simply mount up the plate and u bolt bracket where the stabilizer is, and you should be good to go. Enjoy! Hope this helps.

[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/1zITJ[/img]

1995 Chevy G20 Rockwood Conversion