Greetings, I've developed dreaded electrical problems. Looking for some advice, suggestions,... maybe a shoulder to cry on.

So, open the door, lights come on. Put key in the ignition, and try to start it, it may or may not make a few clicks, but it always shuts down electrically. Dome light goes off, blower fans stop, nothing. Usually, after a varying length of time. Lights, fans, etc will work again.

Other possible noteworthy items.
Tried two batteries, one brand new. Multimeter shows 13v at the battery. (I can't tell you if that dips when turning the key as there is only one of me currently)
I did have the same effect when I tried turning on the headlights before starting it.
All fuses by the glove compartment are good.
Haven't been able to try jump starting it yet due to location and lack of a battery jumper pack.
Seems to go beyond an ignition module or ballast resistor. Acts like it shorting, but the fuses are good, there is no 'smell' and power eventually comes back on... which seems weird.

Currently, I'm stumped.. and I hate dealing with electrical... so that makes it even worse.

Thanks...