Has anyone had to replace the latch controls on a third generation chevy van? I am working on my 95 G30 van and the drivers side door latch control is incredibly worn and sloppy. The shaft is worn away. I think the previous owner used it as the door handle to close the door. I tried looking it up online and it's not listed. What is listed it the door latch handle. The part number 7743519 crosses to a late 60's / early 70's truck. So I started looking around for the latch control and found this http://www.jegs.com/i/Golden-Star/189/DO07-672L/10002/-1
It looks the same as the part in my van, but I am not sure of the fit. Another seller did list the shaft length,and it's the same as the part on my van. I have noticed vans are not popular in application so many of the other parts, including the handle above were not listed as fitting either. I just tried to cross the part numbers off the internet as much as I could but this time I am unable to find a part number listing. My next step is to call a dealer and ask, but it's hit and miss depending on who answers the phone. I just thought someone else might have had a worn part and knew the answer already.