Hi there and happy easter!

I'm finally off on my van Surf/Bike big trip from Montreal to Baja with stops in CO and BC (amongst countless others). So far so good with my van MobyDick. He's had some new parts and some great boondocking experience.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

New things I picked up in Toronto (prompted by my alternator starting to whine):
Battery, Rear Shoes, Front Brakes, New air filter and obviously new alternator.

As I'm currently in Chicago, I'm getting some rear shocks as well because mine are totally shot and I believe they are contributing to cupping in my rear tires (quite loud and annoying at high speeds).

Anyways, the list of things wrong with Moby is getting shorter by the day.
(The list of things right with him is long and I feel proud)

The three big things left:

- I get water accumulation in the upper windshield trim. I got the windshield gasket replaced (involved a rebuild of the frame) which I blamed for the leak. However, I still get a substantial amount of wetness when I'm parked ass-up and when it's raining hard on the highway. I half-assedly tried to add to the caulking at the roof joint (where the high top meets the metal body) but it then rained hard that same day so the bead didn't keep its consistency.

How would I go about removing the old caulk and what would you recommend to replace it. Also how does anyone get those perfect continuous beads?

- I rigged up 2 solar panels to my battery and 12V fridge and for the first 24h all seemed good. In fact, my battery voltage had gone up to 13.1 on the first morning. Ever since, I used my fridge intermittently and dropped it down to 11.3. My AGM 100ah battery should be able to take that. However, even in full sun (5amps coming in), the battery voltage never reads higher than 11.8. What's up? How can I isolate the problem?

- The driver's side electric window only goes down 2/3 before grinding to a stop. I'm quite sure there is something up with the swingarm thing in that mechanism, going to ask the AAA guys to fix it Monday with the shocks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thank you for any ideas you throw my way!