Thanks, I will have more photos soon. The steering gear is actually very simple. I have learned that the service manual blow outs always make things more complicated looking, but it is mostly because you see so many seals. When I rebuilt my transmission some time ago the blow outs looked to be very intimidating, but the key to simplify any rebuild is to break things up into unit assemblies. Then rebuild each assembly and then put all the assemblies together. With this technique a person can easily rebuild a transmission from start to finish in about 2-3 days with your average shop tools. Anyways to answer your questions.

The only special tool you need is a pitman arm puller, snap ring pliar, and an arbor tool. The arbor tool can be bought for about 20 bucks, but one can easily buy a steel rod for a few bucks and use that. This tool just holds the recirculation balls in place so you can insert the rack piston into the housing and feed the worm shaft.

The rebuild kit I bought was Edelmann 8524, as listed in my parts table https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2IjmQ5Cc2XGamIxVk1xdUxUdUE (File Walter_Parts).

Rockauto has it for the least amount of money. It comes with everything you need to rebuild it, every seal and the bearings. The only discrepancy is with the pitman shaft bearing, one style has a flange and one does not, but you can use the only without the lip, you just have to be careful not to press it in too far!

The seal quality is superb and fits together nicely. I couldn't complain about the seal kit at all. My only complaint is how difficult it is to remove the pitman arm haha.

The most important thing is to keep the unit clean and to clean all of the parts. If there is varnish remove it, this ways things slip together nicely and you do not risk damaging seals.

I will have some more photos later though. I still have some cleaning to do on some parts and the chemical rust removal takes a few days, like watching paint dry lol