I managed to make a "cradle" out of wood that supports the engine nicely with jack stands, then I pulled the crossmember out with a transmission jack.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

There is only minimal surface rust on the frame of the van which will be easy to clean up and stop. Going to clean those spots up then coat with POR15 also and then 3M rubber undercoat.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I also managed to get both lower control arms completely stripped down. Those bushings suck to remove!! No good way to use a press, and my air hammer died. I may have to Pick up a new air hammer tonight because after 2 hours of hammering I am having zero luck removing the bushings from the upper arms frown .

[Linked Image]

Anyways.. Once I get all the parts that I am reusing stripped down, a friend is going to sand blast them for me and I'll coat all of them in POR15 and rebuild (crossmember included). Should look nice when it's done. I have about a 2 week window to get this project done.. Probably won't happen, but I can hope.

Also, I went back to the junk yard that had the 1978 Chevy van and grabbed these taillights. They are not perfect, but should clean up nicely.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by tuner4life; February 29th 2016 9:33 am.

[Linked Image]