Originally Posted by Bullet
Originally Posted by HighwayStar
Very interesting guys....so if I have them blasted and chrome powder coated and didn't like them, I can always paint {body color}over the powdercoat on the insides with chrome fins for the retro look... beer

I would for sure inquire whether they will use sand or glass beads. Sand will stick and stay in the aluminum because of the porosity of the aluminum, it is more aggressive and depending on the grit, can
take more air pressure to blast with it. I am sure they want to rough up the wheels to get a good surface for the powder to adhere to. The body color would look good, probably better than just argent. Since they will be blasting them back clean
anyway, you can take two of them, tape off the fins, spray one argent and the other gold, use a scotchbrite to shine up the fins a little and slip them up on the van and see what you think. They would also look good with a cast iron gray between the spokes. It's extra work but sometimes the best way to decide is just try it.

Thanks for all the info Bullet...Im looking for a brighter look and It's hard not to just go with S/S Cragars....but I keep thinkin I can do something with these rims I'll like... smile

[Linked Image]

Proud member: Shenandoah Valley Vans

............" REALITY IS JUST AN ELABORATE ILLUSION"..................