What Did You do To your Van Today?
by Wedgy. January 28th 2020 9:09 pm
Spare Tire Rear Door Rack
by kursed. January 28th 2020 1:37 pm
1981 G20 *PARTING OUT*
by No_Sprk. January 28th 2020 12:07 pm
3rd Gen GM Double DIN Dash Project - HVAC Ducting questions
by tuner4life. January 28th 2020 10:27 am
Trying out a high top Explorer conversion now.
by Astrocreep66. January 27th 2020 7:45 pm
Featured Links
Vanning.Com is a an authorized Amsoil Dealer

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Readers Rides
6 minutes ago
Not sure if you're still looking for a picture of the radio in that dash opening, but I just came across this on Facebook. Baja Charlie has a sweet 1 owner Econoline for sale over there, and it has the original radio plate in place.
70 2,812 Read More
Wanted., Member only Section
2 hours ago
I forget where I saved these images from but someone I follow on Instagram makes and sells these lights:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult with proper tools some basic woodworking skills. I could probably bang a couple of them out in an afternoon.
4 63 Read More
Other Sites For Sale Forums
3 hours ago
That's just awful!
3 115 Read More
Other Sites For Sale Forums
3 hours ago
Exactley!
3 79 Read More
Paint and Bodywork
3 hours ago
Yes he is!
3 139 Read More
Readers Rides
3 hours ago
Oh my that looks great Lee!
33 747 Read More
General Discussion
3 hours ago
Just got my 2020 Chevy same deal!
1 14 Read More
General Discussion
3 hours ago
I did get an inspection and registration on Old Blue. 1988 B250 Safari Conversion. Original 318/5.2 TBI A500.
Affectionately called DogVan . The plugs and O2 sensor did the trick, it was happy again. No codes, CEL.
32 years of service 150+ K miles. not bad
4,564 6,062,579 Read More
craigslist Findings
Yesterday at 11:49 PM
My buddies from Rolling Death VC went to go scope this van.

1. They could not get it to start even with a good battery. They spent about 30 minutes messing around with it. Probably would fire but was missing something that they couldn’t diagnose at the time.

2. Had a huge drivers side conversion window patch that apparently didn’t look great.

3. Wiring looked to be a hot mess and apparently the current owner zapped himself pretty good while working on it.
4 157 Read More
Wanted., Member only Section
Yesterday at 06:37 PM
They sell new ones online, Amazon and eBay have a few. Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for though. I haven't personally used any, so I couldn't give you feedback on how well they're built.

Spare Tire Rack Link
1 47 Read More
General Discussion
Yesterday at 05:49 PM
G20 shorty.
4 107 Read More
For Sale, Member only Section
Yesterday at 05:07 PM
Price: $10 to $500 depending on item.

I got this 1981 G20 from the 2nd owner. it had a interior fire from a stove. thank god the propane tank didnt go!

its a 110k original mile van. 350/350 combo that im working on wiring up so i can run it. the dog house did its job even backwards

keeping the fire off of it. but it did sit for a week with the cover off. i pulled the plugs and spun it over. no water coming out.

engine has a smog legal eldelbrock intake and eldelbrock carb. has HEI distributor. has recent water pump and tune up parts.

obviously everything on the inside is trashed. it does have a extended sliding door arm. i can pull that and the small parts but not the

complete assembly. it has the old style sway bar which took me months to find for my 77 shorty. nice oem alloy wheels w/ good tires.

taillight trim had some heat but are not warped. has 33 gallon fuel tank in good shape. no rust in the van at all that i can see.

headlight trim looks good, not perfect. grill had some broken tabs. front bumper is straight. rear is tweaked. tow hitch is good. new shocks

i can ship parts and will take paypal as goods and services so theres no worrys about being ripped off since this was an issue recently.

i do ask if youre not interested in the parts please refrain from posting. thank you.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 41 Read More
General Discussion
Yesterday at 03:27 PM
Thank you all! I've had mine apart a couple times over the last couple years, and would like to avoid doing it again until I'm ready to install a finished part. There are 2x G-vans in the yard local to me, but they are a 1992 and a 1995, and both have a 1.5 din stereo. I am hoping that it won't be an issue for this project, guess I'll see when I get it out. I am planning on making the whole insert as 1 part, so hopefully it won't matter (I would cut out the entire vent/radio section and this would replace the whole section). I am hoping to grab one of the dashes maybe this weekend if the weather holds out.

As for the ducting, I do remember that it is a formed plastic duct supplying air to the center vents and it was pretty low profile. I am thinking that, depending on the space constraints, I may be able to cut the OEM ducting back, and 3d print some adapters that would attach to the original ducting profile, those would adapt to a flexible type of hose between the original duct and the new part.

The other thing I just realized (Thanks Wedgy for bringing it up), is that the newer vans do have some sort of duct going into the lower doghouse cover. My 1985 van was a cargo van and does not have whatever that ducting is. Is that tied into the ducting for the center vents? From the pictures I can find, the lower vents are pretty low, I would think they would tie into the floor ducting? Maybe someone with a such-equipped van can confirm this for me? If those are in fact tied into the upper/center vents, that may be an issue for this fitting *all* models.. It looks like both of my potential donor junk yard dashes have this lower doghouse ducting, so worst case I can look when I get to the junkyard.

We'll see. Step one is to get a mock-up dash to play with.
6 98 Read More
Readers Rides
Yesterday at 12:45 AM
That is one of them new fangled engines 😁
4 91 Read More
For Sale, Member only Section
Yesterday at 12:18 AM
What about rust? It’s a Minnesota van with snow on the roof. How bad is it?
7 348 Read More
General Discussion
January 27th 2020 4:46 pm
I got the light bar wired up and installed 👍🏼
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
8 208 Read More
eBay Sightings
January 27th 2020 3:19 pm
Beauty !!
1 94 Read More
Readers Rides
January 27th 2020 11:26 am
Under dash work will turn you into a pretzel..yep a 5.9 is a big step up from 3.9. It will be worth your hard work and effort. Keep on Truckin
46 1,636 Read More
Introduce Yourself.....
January 27th 2020 11:15 am
Sounds like my sales skills...i always aim for sub $1000 dollar vans, the only one I paid more for is my 73 g20 and it was $1500. I found non high top conversions are getting scarce.
14 212 Read More
Readers Rides
January 27th 2020 11:11 am
I ordered headlight doors, tail lamps and a pair of mirrors for it. I have to get 2 g20 windshield put in.
26 438 Read More
Electronics
January 27th 2020 7:00 am
Aye! "IT's, AMAZING!"
Just be a wee bit careful how you mix your alcohol. sick
7 469 Read More
Electronics
January 27th 2020 5:31 am
Does anyone have experience replacing an overhead TV in an Explorer conversion high top? Mine is a 2004 and I'd like to install a newer and modern TV that has a Roku TV box or use Google Chromecast. Here is a photo of the interior. I see several mounting buttons in the area but before I start messing with it, I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience replacing their TV....thanks.
0 20 Read More
Current & Future Events/Shows
January 27th 2020 1:16 am
Great time and hope to see ya soon.
33 779 Read More
Van Collectibles
January 26th 2020 11:27 pm
Sweet collection!
10 207 Read More
craigslist Findings
January 26th 2020 11:22 pm
Nice starter van for someone.
2 179 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Donate

Upcoming Events
Vanfest 2020
06-12-2020
discovery
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (MoonDogSpot), 9 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
jhef, LeahGayle, oldkid, lamynespl, MajorD91
11300 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
kursed 112
Wedgy 25
frscke1 23
Lee7673 21
Forum Statistics
Forums68
Topics36,792