Vannin' Home
Posted By: Reed How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 12th 2012 11:52 pm
I just won an auction on eBay for a brand new old stock fiberglass independent front spoiler. Trucknvans was liquidating old stock and I got it for $26 plus shipping. Not a bad price.

Here is a picture:

[Linked Image]

I don't know if this is a picture of the actual piece though, since the description said the piece is in black paintable gel coat.

Has anyone installed one of Trucknvans 75-91 Ford fiberglass independent front air dams? Any tips or tricks? Does it just bolt on?

Thanks.
Posted By: heavy389 Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 13th 2012 8:35 pm
Deff on the good price! not real knowledgeable on Ford but cant B more that some bolts,or pop rivets,an panel adhesive..... lol

Or ya could "mold" it on ! grin
Posted By: Reed Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 13th 2012 8:53 pm
That is what I am hoping. I need to paint it to match my van (well, if it is black, I might just leave it) and then figure out how to bolt it on.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 13th 2012 8:54 pm
I drilled holes and bolted it to the bumper of my Ford
Posted By: draggnastro Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 13th 2012 9:17 pm
Originally Posted by Reed
That is what I am hoping. I need to paint it to match my van (well, if it is black, I might just leave it) and then figure out how to bolt it on.

Even if you plan to leave it black, ya gotta paint it. Some 'glass gelcoated parts ive dealt with fade real quick in sunlight if they arent painted. they dont have the UV protection of paint.
Posted By: Reed Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 13th 2012 9:46 pm
Ah. Good point. Good thing my van is a factory color. $20 gets me a rattle can of paint.
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 16th 2012 4:35 am
No help on the mounting, but congrats on the win ! Great price/score there. . . .
Posted By: Reed Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 16th 2012 4:41 am
Yep. It should get to me sometime mid week. Unfortunately, I am tied up with replacing the water pump and repairing some stripped/crossthread bolts on the motor of my sister's PT Cruiser.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 16th 2012 10:26 pm
Nice score Reed and great price.... yay
Posted By: Reed Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 16th 2012 10:31 pm
Yeah. The coolest part is I wasn't really even looking. I was researching what the going price was for a NEW spoiler when I found the auction. The auction had less than five minutes left with NO bids! The price was something like $20 plus shipping, so I immediately bid. There was only one other bid about ten seconds before the auction ended.

I really hope it will go on the van easy and won't interfere with the running boards/flares already on the van. The auction says it is an independent spoiler, so I have my fingers crossed.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 16th 2012 11:40 pm
I'm sure it will be no problem at all to install.... smile
Posted By: Reed Re: How do I attach a fiberglass front spoiler? - April 18th 2012 11:56 pm
It arrived! Looks like it bolts to the bottom of the bumper. I will have to remove the tiny factory air dam that came on my 89 Ford, but this one will bolt right on once I drill some holes out. The spoiler doesn't have provisions for my KC Fog lights, but they don't do much good anyway. I might turn them into auxiliary reverse lights instead.
© Vannin' Community and Forums