Vannin' Home
Posted By: Uncle_Fester question - February 10th 2011 4:04 am
Okay, I hope this is in the right place. . . . angel
I have never been to a NATS before and I am not 100% sure what to expect, plus I have never seen this facility for the 2011 Nats.

So here goes:
1) does this facility have actual camp sites with power and water? Or do we need to bring/carry water and a generator?

2) are their bar-b -que grills available at the sites? Or do I need to bring one for us to use?

3) is there a pool or playground for the kids?

I am sure other questions will come up, but that is it for now.
Thanks
Posted By: Astro Re: question - February 10th 2011 4:13 am
they are usually in a fairgrounds, not a campground, so most of the time you are in a field, but sometimes you can get parked next to a building, or under some form of cover.. but never count on that.
there is usually electricity and water, you need to bring your own grill, generators are usually frowned upon due to the noise.
there aren't pools or playgrounds, but they usually have the fire dept come fill pools that you bring. there are also lots of planned activites for the kids during the day
Posted By: vancrzy Re: question - March 01st 2011 3:09 am
Okay, I hope this is in the right place. . . .
I have never been to a NATS before and I am not 100% sure what to expect, plus I have never seen this facility for the 2011 Nats.

So here goes:
1) does this facility have actual camp sites with power and water? Or do we need to bring/carry water and a generator?
we have camp sites water and electric

2) are their bar-b -que grills available at the sites? Or do I need to bring one for us to use?
if you need a grill bring one

3) is there a pool or playground for the kids?
if you have a small pool bring it. no play set on the grounds

thanks dave

Posted By: on the road Re: question - March 01st 2011 1:17 pm
Probably not a bad idea to bring drinking water, but RV water and washing/pool water not a problem. the place is really nice, tons of hookups, and a nice view to the east of the hills of W Virginia from the top campsites. They are supposed to have a slut bus,(hay wagon type ride) since it is a bit of a hike from vendors and bands to camp.

Looking forward to it-VOTR has lots of stuff happening!
Posted By: on the road Re: question - March 01st 2011 1:18 pm
OH crap! Did I say RV????? I meant water for your camper trailer!
Posted By: nautic1 Re: question - March 02nd 2011 12:25 am
You said it Howard. I saw it. Now I know. You like us, you really like us. rofl

Oh and by the way, I am sure you know this, RV stands for Recreational Vehicle which actually encompasses a large group. From Class A to Class C including Class B. Tow behinds including fifth wheels. And yes even Vans. And I know you know all this so I will shut up now. Just love yanking your chain. lol
Posted By: The_Evil_Hippie Re: question - March 02nd 2011 5:41 am
Lets add to the questions. What is the closest major airport. Also I assume the public is welcome to check out all the Vans?
Posted By: nautic1 Re: question - March 02nd 2011 3:23 pm
Under normal circumstances the public is not usually allowed inside the grounds to just walk around. Now whether VOTR is planning a public show or one outside the normal camping area from the vanners I honestly do not know. Someone from VOTR will be better suited to answer this question.
Posted By: LostSheep Re: question - March 02nd 2011 3:44 pm
Originally Posted by The_Evil_Hippie
Lets add to the questions. What is the closest major airport. Also I assume the public is welcome to check out all the Vans?

Fly in & rent a van to attend. Better yet, take that money & bring Miss B & matching trailer. We'd love to see Miss B again..... grin
Posted By: The_Evil_Hippie Re: question - March 02nd 2011 6:53 pm
Ya, rent a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country Limited from Enterprise. Sure I would get in!
Posted By: CatFish Re: question - March 02nd 2011 7:10 pm
Ya, rent a 2010 Chrysler Town and Country Limited from Enterprise. Sure I would get in!

Just look for somebody with short arms and a big head driving a minivan. grin

It would be nice to see Miss B again.

Oh..and meet you too, of course.
Posted By: The_Evil_Hippie Re: question - March 03rd 2011 4:54 am
Originally Posted by CatFish

Just look for somebody with short arms and a big head driving a minivan. grin

It would be nice to see Miss B again.

Oh..and meet you too, of course.

I did say thaT didn't I? bwhahahahah

Ya, well if I came to this one it would be flying out and sneeking in pretending I had a van.

Drivin one of my Van's from Idaho currently isn't a viable option. And I just sold my car hauler trailer a few months ago.

Hmmm
Posted By: nautic1 Re: question - March 03rd 2011 7:50 pm
Well you can rent a van albeit a mini such as the Town and Country or a full size cargo. They will welcome you just the same.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: question - March 03rd 2011 8:51 pm
Got that right!
Posted By: on the road Re: question - March 04th 2011 12:53 am
Columbus, Ohio is the closest airport, I think, although Pittsburgh isn't a bad cruise, either. Hope to meet you, finally!

Phil...I thought RV stood for Dennis Conko.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: question - March 04th 2011 11:26 pm
pittsburgh is about 1hr and 15 minutes away
Posted By: nautic1 Re: question - March 05th 2011 4:36 am
Howard, You are correct Sir.
© Vannin' Community and Forums