Vannin' Home
Posted By: Hammer_Head 1989 ford E-150 NO A/C - press switch missing - April 17th 2012 6:22 pm
I was working on fixing the A/C in my van , after starting to charge the a/c system it would not com on , found the wires to the press switch on the reciever behind the pass side battery cut off of the plug and are nowhere to be found at all , I dug for 2 hours chasing wires

Q; Can someone look at there van and see if the wires to that plug go to another plug

- I FOUND A CONNECTOR THAT IS NOT BEING USED BELOW THE BLOWER ASSY , MAYBE IT GOES TO THAT

Please HELP !!!!!!!
Posted By: Reed Re: 1989 ford E-150 NO A/C - press switch missing - April 17th 2012 8:05 pm
Pictures would be a great help in diagnosing this sort of problem. I also have an 89 Ford with A/C and I have the factory service manuals as well.
Posted By: Hammer_Head Re: 1989 ford E-150 NO A/C - press switch missing - April 17th 2012 10:07 pm
I was just out there working on it again and it is missing the 12v to the comp from the press switch (press is on the bottle next to the blower top left corner) dont know where the wires come from , "looking for a Green wire w/ Blue stripe"t goes to the press switch "but" where does it come from is what i really need to know???

Also the evap is leaking AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Hammer_Head Re: 1989 ford E-150 NO A/C - press switch missing - April 27th 2012 9:38 pm
Can anyone tell me how to get the evap coil for the front a/c out , they cram that shit so tight in there its crazy , i have it all unbolted but can't seem to fenagle it out , think i might need to pull the Alt and the heater hoses , ANY IDEAS
Posted By: Hammer_Head Re: 1989 ford E-150 NO A/C - press switch missing - April 30th 2012 2:44 am
nevermind , I got it finally , now I have A/C in my Limo van SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeT!!!!
© Vannin' Community and Forums