Vannin' Home
Posted By: lukester Black Magick - January 24th 2011 2:37 pm
Black Magick's
Interior rebuild in progress 2011
1. 1/2 inch Styrofoam insulation.Walls and ceiling.
2. Cheap paneling over insulation.
3. Carpet on walls and ceiling.
Still have to pull and stretch the carpet.
Find trim pieces for the edges and seams.Maybe some polished aluminum...
Find floor covering.Most likely vinyl floor.Not carpet.
reinstall the bed.hook up more interior lights.etc
[img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: draggnastro Re: Black Magick - January 24th 2011 4:04 pm
looks good Luke, i didnt know you had a Dodge!
Posted By: 86ed Re: Black Magick - January 25th 2011 2:29 am
its fun watching these interiors come together. nice start, looking forward to see all what you decide to go with. good luck
Posted By: lukester Re: Black Magick - January 25th 2011 4:05 am
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Originally Posted by draggnastro
looks good Luke, i didnt know you had a Dodge!

Yep,she's an 85.It's an ongoing project daily driver.I use it to commute to work and when the wife and I have our date nights. angel The Ford is the family hauler long trip taker vannin van.
Posted By: Ram4ever Re: Black Magick - January 25th 2011 8:28 am
That's an interesting texture to the carpet on the walls. I see you've enlisted an enthusiastic helper too - it's great that you could make it a family project!
Posted By: draggnastro Re: Black Magick - January 25th 2011 3:45 pm
what you plannin to build in the back?
Posted By: lukester Re: Black Magick - January 30th 2011 5:33 am
Yes the carpet does have a interesting texture to it.Not my first choice but it was free.This is a tight budget build.So far I have about $35.00 into the interior.

I wanted to do roll and tuck black vinyl,and I will do one day.As for right now it just not in the budget.

The carpet came from a guy I know,so it was clean & had only been installed for 3 months.The wife liked it in the store had it put in the house and then decided she wanted a wood floor.All I can say is they have quite a bit of disposable income...It was a light beige color.We got some rit dye and spray bottles and got it the color it is now.We also reused much of the old paneling.The installation was given to me as payment for some work I did.

As far as what will be in the back..You will just have to wait and see...I will be going down to Ocala on the 11th and getting some interior stuff from a vanner friend of mine.

Posted By: draggnastro Re: Black Magick - January 30th 2011 5:45 pm
cool! You need any help just holler!
Posted By: Hoagie Re: Black Magick - January 30th 2011 8:33 pm
yeah the kid looks like he is into it
Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: Black Magick - January 31st 2011 12:49 am
Looking good & inexpensive and a helper is always welcome.
Posted By: relaxedvanner Re: Black Magick - February 01st 2011 6:45 pm
The colour you chose goes good with the seats as well. Keep up the good work, I enjoy the low buck builds as much as the high dollar ones.
Posted By: lukester Re: Black Magick - February 02nd 2011 4:23 am
Thanks for the kind words.

Originally Posted by relaxedvanner
The colour you chose goes good with the seats as well. Keep up the good work, I enjoy the low buck builds as much as the high dollar ones.

I was actually wanting the carpet to be a little darker/but I'm still pretty happy with it.My wife did all the carpet dyeing herself.She spent a few hours on her hands and knees with a spray bottle.

Most of the build has been a family project.Just doing my part for my little future vanners.The kids were a big help with the installation of the carpet on the ceiling.Let me tell you,house carpet is some pretty heavy stuff when your trying to hold it up over your head.

I just wish I had more time to work on it.My job has been keeping me busy.If only I could get paid to work on vans...
Posted By: lukester Re: Black Magick - February 11th 2011 3:33 am
Damn I need to some time off to work on this.Past 3 weeks have been 7 day work weeks curse

The good news is I got tomorrow off but I wont be working on the van.Instead I will be hooking up my trailer and heading south to Ocala to pick up some custom van parts yay
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Black Magick - February 11th 2011 5:34 am
Thats is part of a rebuilding process....all part cant be mailed
Posted By: lukester Re: Black Magick - April 26th 2012 1:05 am
I finally got my cabinet recovered.The 1st pic shows how it looked when I picked it up from BigfootPaul.The 2nd & 3rd shows how it looks now.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 86ed Re: Black Magick - April 26th 2012 1:18 am
matches the walls and i really like that side black diamond material. very nice.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Black Magick - April 26th 2012 1:25 am
Very nice
Posted By: River_Rat Re: Black Magick - April 26th 2012 1:29 am
Nice work. Lookin good!
Posted By: draggnastro Re: Black Magick - April 26th 2012 2:25 am
Looks really good Luke! Only took a year and change! lol
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: Black Magick - April 26th 2012 2:28 am
Looking good man... cheers
© Vannin' Community and Forums