Vannin' Home
Posted By: River_Rat WOOOHOOO! - June 05th 2011 10:39 pm
WOOHOOO! Got my first drop visor and my first venturi vent for my very first chevy van. Im a proud poppa. And also just put on a set of 12 wide on back and skinny 7s on the front.
Posted By: LostSheep Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 05th 2011 10:59 pm
Oh NO! He's got the fever..... lol
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 05th 2011 11:05 pm
Sounds cool how bout some pics ... cheers
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 05th 2011 11:27 pm
Im gona work on gettin pics reall soon. On the road rite now and lookin for.stuff so when i get home ill have parts to work on.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 06th 2011 3:25 am
Originally Posted by riverratcustomz
WOOHOOO! Got my first drop visor and my first venturi vent for my very first chevy van. Im a proud poppa.

DON'T YA LOVE THE ENTHUSIASM OF A NEW VANNER.....YEP GOT THE FEVER
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 06th 2011 3:29 am
Congrats buddy yay
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 06th 2011 5:05 am
Thanks. Yep got the fever.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 06th 2011 12:50 pm
Originally Posted by LostSheep
Oh NO! He's got the fever..... lol

Yup, He's addicted!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 07th 2011 12:44 pm
I sure am and lovin every minute of it. Cant wait to finnally meet some of you guys one day.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 07th 2011 12:47 pm
I sure am and lovin every minute of it. Cant wait to finnally meet some of you guys one day.

Come on up to Ohio vanner...big vannin e"van"t coming up ! cheers
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 07th 2011 12:59 pm
I wish i could. Evangaline still needs a lil work before i take her on a trip that far. I really want to head to the keys for that show but i dont know yet. If not, i will deff be doin some cruising by next spring. I wish we could arrange a show up here in north florida near tallahassee or panama city.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 12:14 am
i got a chance to mount the visor and install the venturi vent today. WOOOHOOO now i just need to figure out how to post pics on here
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 2:58 am
Cool smile
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 12:24 pm
before[Linked Image]after[Linked Image]
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 12:34 pm
Alright you got pics up.Nice ride.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 12:35 pm
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Radarlove Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 12:58 pm
Looks good!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 1:00 pm
thanks.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 1:47 pm
new insulation[Linked Image]
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 4:18 pm
Hooked on vannin worked for me! :-)
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 10:49 pm
Yeppers, HE IS HOOKED !
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 11:27 pm
Very nice!!!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 12th 2011 11:27 pm
Nice job. keep the pics coming!
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 13th 2011 1:05 am
looks like a vanners van for sure, the Fever won't Hurt ya, but it has a Good Fun to $$$ ratio.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 13th 2011 1:28 am
Originally Posted by PYSCHOWard
The Fever

Is that the name of the van ?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 13th 2011 6:22 am
Thanks guys. Well i did name her Evangaline but maybe i should change it to fever. What do you guys think? Ive been lucky so far. Just got the visor for 60.00, the wheels for 65.00, traded for that new venturi vent(love that thing), 33.00 for the insalation. I think i want a nice set of side pipes next.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 13th 2011 12:35 pm
Thinkin about putting a solid slider on. What do you guys think?
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 13th 2011 1:11 pm

Agree 100%...will look killer !... bow..I hate glass.. lol
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 13th 2011 1:19 pm
Yeah i was lookin at yours and i like the clean panel look
Posted By: Galaxy Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 13th 2011 2:20 pm
Great to see another Chevy van being brought back to life! chevy
In the meantime you could tint the windows. Black glass looks way better then clear glass IMO.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 13th 2011 2:25 pm
I just done 5 percent i think. It was the darkest i could find. Made a big diff in looks and the inside tempature
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 14th 2011 4:15 pm
Originally Posted by HighwayStar

Agree 100%...will look killer !... bow..I hate glass.. lol

yeah
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 14th 2011 4:30 pm
Lol glass haters.
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 14th 2011 11:43 pm
Looking good.Those wide rear tires look sweet.Keep up the good work.
Posted By: SFS60 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 12:44 am
How did that sliding door clear the rear tires on that without an extender arm ?
Posted By: Carlton Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 12:54 am
That door is not open the whole way, that's how smile [more opening room on a non shorty]
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 6:21 am
WHO YEAH ! for the "non shorty"
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 7:06 am
Thanks lukester. Im workin on a "SUPER SECRET" hinge system for the side door to do a gullwing. It still opens about half way but i really want a gullwing and for you window haters im gona be makin it a solid door.
Posted By: Carlton Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 12:50 pm
Originally Posted by frscke1

LOL! I've always felt a little [pun intended] sad for the shorty guys smile

I figured "non shorty" was a better term to use without sounding like we were bragging, LOL!

Posted By: Carlton Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 12:51 pm
Thanks lukester. Im workin on a "SUPER SECRET" hinge system for the side door to do a gullwing. It still opens about half way but i really want a gullwing and for you window haters im gona be makin it a solid door.

Super Secret gullwing hinges huh? I'm soon doing mine and was going to use the J&J style but maybe I need to wait until the secret is out.
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 1:15 pm
If the bottom of the door is rust free and solid.
Some welding needs to be dome to remove the slider hardware.
re skinning the top of the door would not be too bad to do......
Too bad you are so far away.

I have a decent solid door here that needs a good home.....

........Wookee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 1:32 pm
Im goin thru Md. today. How much do you want for it
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 1:34 pm
Maybe.
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 1:39 pm
25.00 and I am right off of I95......

PM me and I can give you my cell number.......
I will only be around my puter fora little longer today.....

........Wookee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 1:46 pm
I sent u a pm
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 4:29 pm
Originally Posted by Carlton
Originally Posted by frscke1

LOL! I've always felt a little [pun intended] sad for the shorty guys smile

I figured "non shorty" was a better term to use without sounding like we were bragging, LOL!

We dont have to brag just look at the pic's....
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 15th 2011 9:23 pm
Well thanks to my new friend Wookee who i had the pleasure of meeting today looks like evangaline is gona be a panel. He hooked me up with a good solid slider and was nice enuff to load it up and bring it out to me. Thanks again wookee.
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 16th 2011 3:48 am
You are welcome.......

.....Wookee
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 16th 2011 9:20 am
True vanner Joe is,thats great .
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 16th 2011 4:36 pm
Saweet! Congrats!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 16th 2011 4:37 pm
Originally Posted by newkirkinc1

Yes he is.................. bow
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 12:01 am
HOLY CRAP I ALMOST DIED TODAY. I was in orlando pickin up another load of boats and i stepped on a 6 foot rattle snake. You never SEEN someone move so fast! Geeeeeezzzzzzz! 3Weeks ago i stepped on a cottonmouth. Gods tryin to tell me somthin
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 12:12 am
HOLY CRAP I ALMOST DIED TODAY. I was in orlando pickin up another load of boats and i stepped on a 6 foot rattle snake. You never SEEN someone move so fast! Geeeeeezzzzzzz! 3Weeks ago i stepped on a cottonmouth. Gods tryin to tell me somthin

Man your freekin me out just talkin about it...guess that's why I suffer up north here in the snow belt....glad your OK man..
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 12:25 am
Man this thing was HUGE! When i was younger i used to go hunt them and sell them live to diff places until they outlawed it. Ive lived in Fl. all my life and you just dont see them that big to often. I have to admit, i think i peed a lil when i realized what happined. You never know. So keep your heads down and watch where you step if you come down here. When i was a kid, i lived in south florida and they pulled a 36 foot anaconda out from under my neighbors house. Took 6 men to hold it. Like a damn jungle down here. Didnt help that when they filmed tarzan they let half the animals get lose and go wild.
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 12:57 am

Just doing my part to get rid of another unwanted window in a van........LOL

.........Wookee
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 12:57 am
Man this thing was HUGE! When i was younger i used to go hunt them and sell them live to diff places until they outlawed it. Ive lived in Fl. all my life and you just dont see them that big to often. I have to admit, i think i peed a lil when i realized what happined. You never know. So keep your heads down and watch where you step if you come down here. When i was a kid, i lived in south florida and they pulled a 36 foot anaconda out from under my neighbors house. Took 6 men to hold it. Like a damn jungle down here. Didnt help that when they filmed tarzan they let half the animals get lose and go wild.

Yup..when we get 2 feet of snow I stoke the fire and get another beer...guess we all have diff. obstacles to overcome..but I do bitch about the long cold winters.. frown
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 1:05 am
Long winters dont bite the hell out of ya just to leave u for dead.lol. I geuss its the curse of adam and eve.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 1:29 am
LOL
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 5:34 am
Originally Posted by wookee

Just doing my part to get rid of another unwanted window in a van........LOL

.........Wookee

All us window haters thank you for doing your part. grin

Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 5:42 am
River, watch your step.
We have noticed a lot more snakes in our area.We have had 5 in the yard already this year,and summers not even close to being over.Last year we only saw 3 for the whole summer.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 12:00 pm
Yeah, I think he's telling you to watch where the heck you are walking lol Glad you didn't get bit.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 2:37 pm
Thanks again wookee. Hope to give some good pics in the near future of the change over from window to panel "SUPER SECRET HINGES".
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 2:43 pm
O beleive me, ill be lookin down a lot more. Yeah ive noticed theyve been movin a lot more than normal. Probly wouldve taken 3 shots from my 22 to kill this big bastard. Geeeeeezzzzzz it still creeps me out!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 3:48 pm

Just doing my part to get rid of another unwanted window in a van........LOL.........Wookee

Well if you are going to do it, do it right & lets make some money...

This was a 5 for $5... 5 hit with a sledge for $5....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 17th 2011 10:22 pm
That poor van.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 26th 2011 4:51 pm
well i finnally got to go to the boneyard this weekend. i went to see what i could find but had to get another radiator. mine blew a pin hole on the way to panama city. no prob tho. mine was a single row for the 250 six and i found a nice three row for a v8 that fit nicely. also scored a cool pop up sunroof and found an older conversion van to get an extended slider. now i can slide my door past those wide 12s on the back. WOOHOO!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 26th 2011 6:31 pm
well i finnally got to go to the boneyard this weekend. i went to see what i could find but had to get another radiator. mine blew a pin hole on the way to panama city. no prob tho. mine was a single row for the 250 six and i found a nice three row for a v8 that fit nicely. also scored a cool pop up sunroof and found an older conversion van to get an extended slider. now i can slide my door past those wide 12s on the back. WOOHOO!

Sounds like a great day at the bone yard ! yay
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 26th 2011 8:26 pm
Good idea smile
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 18th 2011 2:53 pm
I finnaly figured out why my van is getting almost 30 mpg. I uncovered the factoey sticker under the hood that says it has a 3.07 gear ratio. So now im lookin to find a good 5 speed standard to replace my 3 on the tree. Should get over 30 then. WOOOHOOO!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 12:06 pm
 Evangeline did a lil work yesterday pulling our new 1949 spartan royal mansion home. she did good and didnt complain at all.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 12:13 pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 1:42 pm
COOL! Nice looking trailer. More pics please!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 1:50 pm
i will post some pics this weekend when i get back home. got to run to wisconsin and minnesota real quick. this is my wife and mine retirement project. this will be our home in just a few years.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 1:52 pm
Cool! Thanks!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 1:58 pm
only had to pull it about 15 miles but the tires are like over 10 years old. one tire blew as soon as i stopped in my yard.LOL. It said"THATS IT. NO MORE".
Posted By: Reed Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 3:40 pm
Sweet. Once you get it fixed up, you need to polish the exterior. Then you will have to strip the paint off your van, polish it to match the trailer, and clear coat it!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 4:10 pm
I thought about it reed. That would look sweet
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 7:39 pm
Yes..cool trailer, can't wait to see more pics !
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 24th 2011 10:04 pm
I cant wait to get started on it.
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 25th 2011 1:15 am
Nice trailer & the van pulling it looks real sweet to.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 25th 2011 1:35 am
Thanks. She done real good pullin it. Im glad i put the air shocks on tho. That trailer is tongue heavy.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - September 08th 2011 8:14 pm
Well i finally picked out the paint for my new paint job. I dont know if i should show a sample now or wait till after i do all the body mods. I cant find the wing i want so im gona build one. I plan on doin some cool stuff with the tail lights and rear doors and a bunch of other stuff INCLUDING my super secret gulwing hinges. Still workin on those but i will bring somthing cool to the playground. Truck on truckers!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - September 08th 2011 8:30 pm
Cool..looking forward to pics ! smile
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - September 08th 2011 9:10 pm
Hope i can send some soon.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - September 09th 2011 12:00 pm
Well i finally picked out the paint for my new paint job. I dont know if i should show a sample now or wait till after i do all the body mods. I cant find the wing i want so im gona build one. I plan on doin some cool stuff with the tail lights and rear doors and a bunch of other stuff INCLUDING my super secret gulwing hinges. Still workin on those but i will bring somthing cool to the playground. Truck on truckers!

That's one hell of a post. All that cool stuff and you are keeping it a secret?

You're just MEAN! lol
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - September 09th 2011 12:35 pm
Mmwaaaahaaaahaaa. lol
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - September 10th 2011 4:33 am
Cool..looking forward to pics ! smile

yeah
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 13th 2011 1:16 pm
Finnaly gettin home this weekend. Gona get to work on the old girl again. Starting on the inside and hope to get the bed and panels in. I promise pics this time.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 13th 2011 4:31 pm
woo hoo can't wait to see pics
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 13th 2011 5:34 pm
I cant wait to get home and get to work. Got a lot to do in a short time.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 18th 2011 1:20 pm
Well i got home sat mornin and didnt get to do anything i wanted to on my van due to workin under the hood all weekend. Couldnt get the dang thing to idle at all. Almost yanked that 250 out to stick my 350 in it. But i found the problem. For some reason someone hooked up full time vaccum to the vaccum advance and two of the rubber vaccum block off caps rotted and fell off. So now ive got it burnin the tires off and it idles. So maybe next trip home i can start on the interior and pull a 360 and tranny for draggonastro. WOOOHOOO!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 18th 2011 4:56 pm
WOOOHOOO!...SWEET
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 24th 2011 1:16 pm
Lol man if aint one thing its another. Got to go home again this weekend "BUT" still didnt get to start on the interior. Ive run down the battery 3 times tryin to get it cranked in the mornings. But once i get it cranked it does good for the rest of the day. I think i need a new fuel pump. Seems like its loosing its prime after it sets over nite. But i did get new front shocks, new fog lights and new brakes. Geuss ill get a new batt and fuel pump next trip home.
Also have a new problem. My engine is running to cool. Had to use the heater for the first time and its not gettin hot just warm. Earlier this year i blew the radiator. So i pulled the single row radiator for the six banger and got a 3 row for a v8. Geuss it could be worse.lol
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 24th 2011 4:02 pm
Lol man if aint one thing its another.
Also have a new problem. My engine is running to cool. Had to use the heater for the first time and its not gettin hot just warm.

doesnt using the heater cools down the motor...takes the heat away from the rad and sends it thru the heater core & out the window....have done this in the desert a few times...
You might check the thermostat its letting cold coolant thru before it heats up...
Posted By: Galaxy Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 24th 2011 4:20 pm
The size of the radiator should not effect the temperature the engine runs at or the heat. The thermostat controls what what temperature the engine is. And the heater core controls the temperature of the heat. If you don't have any heat I would start by checking these things.
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 24th 2011 4:29 pm
The stat has allot of control over the heat the heater puts out.
The bigger rad adds the the volume of water you will have to help keep the engine cool.......
My 69 6 had a 190 stat in it from the factory.

......Wookee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 24th 2011 4:59 pm
Well when i bought the van i used the heater a couple times and it would burn you out. Thats with the old radiator and it had no thermastat. When i put in the new radiator i also put in a new thermostat. I think it was a 180
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 25th 2011 3:50 pm
its not much but here is what i done latley. painted the grill and bumper and found a nice set of chrome fog lights[Linked Image]
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 25th 2011 6:30 pm
Anyone have an air dam for the front? I want one without flares.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 25th 2011 11:10 pm
Is that the headlight bezel I sent? Nice fit & repaint...The van looks new again...WOOOHOOOO
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 25th 2011 11:17 pm
Yep. Man i really appreciate it.
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 3:09 am
I likes... cheers

[Linked Image]
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 4:31 am
Originally Posted by FrictionAffect
I likes... cheers

[Linked Image]
" The little people in my head carry knives"

Doesnt that ft end look CHERRY..Oh that is nice....
Friction the little guys dont carry my knifes....I DO...

Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 10:44 am
I couldnt take that silver grill anymore. Needed some color.lol
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 3:49 pm
I like it so much I just may do the 92...its black & white anyway why not a little more black...how did you prep the plastic for paint?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 4:10 pm
I just sanded it with 220 then went over it wit a scotch brite pad to kinda smooth it out and clean it
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 4:46 pm
Thank you kindly...
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 4:49 pm
No prob
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 4:52 pm
If your grill is in good shape and not dry rotted like mine is then you can probly just scuff it real good with the scotchbrite.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 5:00 pm
A little weathered..the black is gray in some places
[Linked Image]
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 5:08 pm
So how many screws to remove the 3 pc grill?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 5:11 pm
Probly 10. Not real sure. Yours is a lil diff than mine.
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 7:12 pm
So did the bike you are setting on in your signature shrink after riding it in the rain ?

.........Wookee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 7:25 pm
No but it did throw me down and kick my a$$ at about 20mph
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 26th 2011 10:01 pm
WOOOHOOOO
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 12:30 am
Didnt feel to WOOOHOOO when it dug a six inch long gash in my forearm to the bone. My pride hurt pretty good to.lol. I had an audience!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 12:44 am
Didnt feel to WOOOHOOO when it dug a six inch long gash in my forearm to the bone. My pride hurt pretty good to.lol. I had an audience!

Bummer...
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 12:55 am
Chics dig scars rite!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 1:03 am
Chics dig scars rite!

Yes.........big time cool
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 1:17 am
River,your van is looking real good. cheers
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 1:53 am
Thanks luke. You gettin to work on yours any?
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 2:44 am

Did you hold a Safety Meeting BEFORE you did this?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 3:10 am
Ummmmmm......... I plead the 5th!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 1:16 pm
You should give it back to the little person you stole it from lol
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 1:45 pm
I bought that for ME! The problem is when i souped it up. Itll run 40mph without NOS
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 1:56 pm
Some people are just into pain and aggravation.........

.......Wookee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 27th 2011 2:01 pm
Nah..after it kicked my but i parked it.lol
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 28th 2011 1:06 pm
I think i found the new engine for my van. Im gona do a lil more research but as of rite now im sold on it. Its a 4.2 twin cam inline six in the nee trailblazers. You can check em out on youtube under "4200 vortec". I wish i could post links. Guy had a 51 chevy pickup with this setup that Hauls A$$. Theres another video that looks like a chevyII wagon with this setup and its just AWESOME!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 06th 2011 6:50 pm
SCORE!!! Pickin up my new parts tomorrow. Gettin a louvered hood,fender flares,and a lighted lund visor. Im also gettin a wing and air dam that ill have to go back and get once he gets it out of storage.
WOOOHOOO!!!!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 06th 2011 7:05 pm
WOOHOOOO!!!! the fun begins
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 06th 2011 7:10 pm
Yep! Cant wait
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 06th 2011 8:29 pm
nice score River! Cant wait to see it all installed on the van!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 06th 2011 9:13 pm
Thanks. Ive been trying really hard to keep this low budget and stick to that 70's look. So far so good.
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 06th 2011 10:19 pm
congrats on the van goodies yay
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 08th 2011 12:59 am
Picked up my parts today. Ill try to post pics tomorrow.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 2:01 pm
its not much but here are some pics of the fender flares and the louvered hood. i just stuck them on with tape to get a pic. still need to sand them an paint em.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 5:20 pm
Looks good in the back. Need wider wheels in the front IMO!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 5:28 pm
its not much but here are some pics of the fender flares and the louvered hood. i just stuck them on with tape to get a pic. still need to sand them an paint em.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Lookin good !.... cheers
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 5:37 pm
Coming alone very nicely...makes me wanna be working on the outside and not the inside of mine. When is it going to paint. haha
cheers
coffee
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 5:41 pm
Looks Good
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 7:06 pm
WOOOHOOO!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 7:56 pm
I plan on doin 10" wide front and back.
Hopefully get to paint it next summer.
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 8:00 pm
You can run a fully revesed 8 inch wheel in the front.
That will fill the flares nicely....

.......Wookee

Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 16th 2011 8:54 pm
Yeah but i think i want the same wide tires all around. Ive got a picture in my head of what itll look like. Should look good
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 18th 2011 3:18 pm
Oh great now the voices in your head show pictures to you........LOL

........Wookee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 18th 2011 5:38 pm
Yep. And we take long walks on the beach to.
Posted By: CatFish Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 18th 2011 6:32 pm

........Wookee

Wookee....your voices don't have pictures????
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 18th 2011 6:48 pm

........Wookee

rofl rofl rofl

coffee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 18th 2011 8:39 pm
I think i want sell the louverd hood. Anybody want it? Just dont think is what i want
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 26th 2011 9:52 pm
Well ive been home since wed.and didnt get to do anything on THE FEVER(New name) but i did partialy sell my 75 honda cb750 super sport. Now ive got this super cool lil 79 honda 185 twin star. Almost like a street legal mini bike. Been playin with it for a couple days. Its for sale to if anyones interested. Fun lil bike. Just had a new black paint job and new seat. Ill try to post pics later. WOOOHOOO! LOL
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 27th 2011 1:09 am
We need pics

Sounds like a cool lil ride.Its gotta be more comfortable then that little pocket bike.
Posted By: 93GMC Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 27th 2011 1:45 pm
man, i read every page and still no super secret gull door setup, vans looking good!!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 27th 2011 2:02 pm
Yeah i actually sold that pocket bike. And im still workin on the hinges. Just havent had much time lately.
Posted By: 93GMC Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 27th 2011 2:09 pm
where did ya get the front visor? been thinking about one of those and a rear wing on mine smile
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 27th 2011 2:45 pm
Found it on craigslist. Ive got a lund visor and louvered hood for sale
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 27th 2011 8:17 pm
here is a pic of the lil motorcycle i just got.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: josh_performanceinc Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 27th 2011 8:45 pm
It's in pretty nice shape. cool You meet the nicest people on a Honda!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 27th 2011 10:22 pm
Just had a new paint job and seat recovered. I mite just keep it to throw on the back of the van to take with me
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 28th 2011 2:19 am
That's pretty sweet.I was thinking it was more like a trail bike.Does it have the clutch less 5 speed trans?
Posted By: 93GMC Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 28th 2011 2:36 pm
that bike would be perfect to get around a campround when VAN camping

is the lund visor a low profile one?

Skip
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - November 28th 2011 2:50 pm
No it has the regular clutch.

The visor is the flat style with the lights in it
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 06th 2011 1:12 am
Not havin a good time rite now. My van is for sale if anyone is interested. 1980 with 65,000 original miles. $2,500
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 06th 2011 2:07 am
I sent you a pm
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 06th 2011 2:45 am
Say it ain't so river...I've been trying to follow your lead. Hope all works out and if you do have to sell you can get back to it someday.

[Linked Image]

coffee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 06th 2011 3:33 am
Thanks friction. Ill get another one day. Just have more important things to deal with. You know how it goes sometimes.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 07th 2011 2:11 am
Geuss i should change the name of this thread now huh.
:-(
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 07th 2011 5:59 pm
Sorry to hear that. Hope all works out for you.
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 07th 2011 6:54 pm
Originally Posted by Superbeast
Sorry to hear that. Hope all works out for you.

yeah It's like to me loosing a best friend. Til you find another one better!!!

Richard
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 08th 2011 2:29 am

I seen your ad on craigslist.I guess your pretty serious about this.I just want to say hang in there buddy.I'm hoping things will work out for you and you can keep your van.Remember Vanners for Vanners is only a few weeks away if it hasn't sold by then I really hope you can make it.

Luke
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 08th 2011 3:19 pm
Thanks luke. I wish i could but just wont have the money or time. I was really lookin forward to some van traveling this year. Thems the breaks i geuss.
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 09th 2011 3:36 pm
Really sorry to hear you are selling your van.......

........Wookee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - December 09th 2011 5:24 pm
Thanks wookee. It hurts a lil but ill get another one day.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 05th 2012 6:20 pm
Hey guys. Still truckin. Hope everybodys doin good. Still got my van. Think im gona keep her.
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 07th 2012 2:55 am
Sorry I didn't get back to ya this afternoon.Phone battery died,anyway I wanted to say welcomeback.

Glad to hear ya still got your van.Maybe you can make our next vannin? 1st weekend in March in White Springs.
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 07th 2012 5:16 am
Yeah its been a while...how ya doing ?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 07th 2012 9:31 pm
Doin good. Had a few people come to look at my van and more and more i noticed how much i would miss my van. So with that i decided that im gona keep her and keep on truckin. May even make it to the nats this year. Gettin her all tuned up rite now to get ready for bike week in march. Gona camp in the van while we are there and cruise down the beach. WOOOHOOO!!!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 07th 2012 10:40 pm
Welcome back ! cheers
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 08th 2012 2:20 pm
Thanks Highway. Hows your new mopar comin along?
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 08th 2012 8:41 pm
Got her running and doing a little here and there but not much money to play with this time of year...
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 08th 2012 11:31 pm
I know what you mean there.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 09th 2012 3:41 pm
Since ive decided to keep my ol girl im really tearing into it now. Got bumpers, mirrors, new chrome grill, and am gona build a bigger six banger. Gona build a 292 with a lil cam and a two pot intake and split header. Doin body work in hopes to get it sprayed soon in some funky color. Ill post pics soon.
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 09th 2012 4:47 pm
Good to see ya back around River...saw your van and extras on GL and if I had the $$$ it would be in PA right now... haha and you'd be a Vannless Vanner.
cheers
coffee

Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 09th 2012 10:31 pm
Well im keepin her for a long time. But i still have that louvered hood and the lund visor up for grabs if any one wants them.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 10th 2012 12:08 am
Glad to see your keeping the van. I'll look forward to the updates! chevy
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 14th 2012 5:53 pm
Big day yesterday. Went to the pic-n-pull and got a sweet solid slide door and could have got two rear doors with no windows but decided to get two popouts for the doors i already have. Also got 2 chrome visors for the front doors, a full chrome grill assembly from a 79 chevy that really shouldnt have been in there. That van was sweet. And also found a nice slider extender if anyone needs one. Its not chrome but seems to be in nice workin order. Lastly i stoped and FINNALY got two new 295-50's for the back.
Got the new popouts installed today and have been spending the past couple of hours tryin to strip the vinyl wrap that was on the slide door. It came off of a local radio station van. Bout got it wooped so maybe i can get it on the van today if the rain lets up. Ill try to post some pics a lil later today.
WOOHOOO!!!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 14th 2012 5:54 pm
Big day yesterday. Went to the pic-n-pull and got a sweet solid slide door and could have got two rear doors with no windows but decided to get two popouts for the doors i already have. Also got 2 chrome visors for the front doors, a full chrome grill assembly from a 79 chevy that really shouldnt have been in there. That van was sweet. And also found a nice slider extender if anyone needs one. Its not chrome but seems to be in nice workin order. Lastly i stoped and FINNALY got two new 295-50's for the back.
Got the new popouts installed today and have been spending the past couple of hours tryin to strip the vinyl wrap that was on the slide door. It came off of a local radio station van. Bout got it wooped so maybe i can get it on the van today if the rain lets up. Ill try to post some pics a lil later today.
WOOHOOO!!!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 20th 2012 1:48 pm
Anyone know where i can order all the window channel weather strip?
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 20th 2012 3:04 pm
i think LMC has it now.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 20th 2012 4:00 pm
I seen where they have the rubber door seals but i need the felt that goes in the window channel
Posted By: Superbeast Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 24th 2012 5:38 pm
Any auto glass shop should have it or be able to get it.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 25th 2012 11:27 pm
it aint much but heres what i done latley. got the popouts from the pick n pul[Linked Image]l and found a brand new grill in the box for dirt cheap.[Linked Image]
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 26th 2012 3:03 am
still thinking pop outs here you'll love them...but I can't find tinted and don't want to spend the money twice... I really like the grill. u gonna go chrome on the rest ?

coffee

Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - February 26th 2012 1:37 pm
i tinted mine before i put them in.
i think i mite stay with the black and chrome for now. gona try a few things but im pretty certain ill stay with the black
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 09th 2012 10:00 pm
Well if every thing pans out ill have some cool new pics for you guys around first of the week. Some new shiny stuff is all im gona say for now. Tease? I think so. Mwaaahaaaaaahaaaa!
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 09th 2012 10:02 pm
i know, but i wont spoil it for ya smile
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 09th 2012 10:09 pm
I havent told you what im gettin on the way home. You know part but not all. Ill tell ya later. MwahaaaahaaaaaHAAAAAHAAAAAHEEEEHAAAAHAAA.LOL
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 09th 2012 10:11 pm
Oh yeah. WooHoo!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 09th 2012 11:24 pm
Lol yeehaw
Posted By: MrHoney Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 10th 2012 12:42 am
commin together nice smile
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 10th 2012 1:45 am
oooh, i like surprises!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 10th 2012 6:44 am
Thanks Mrhoney. My wifes been pretty cool so far until i put the chrome ladies on the new popouts.lol
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 12th 2012 10:32 pm
well i went to the pic-n-pull today with my wife and found some nice swivel captain seats out of a dodge van but pulled the swivel bases out of a chevy. i found another slider extender. also got a new couch that folds into a bed. also got some good weather strip for the window channels. even my wife helped turn wrenches and get dirty. gona try to post pics in a day or two
Posted By: MrHoney Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 12th 2012 10:38 pm
well i went to the pic-n-pull today with my wife and found some nice swivel captain seats out of a dodge van but pulled the swivel bases out of a chevy. i found another slider extender. also got a new couch that folds into a bed. also got some good weather strip for the window channels. even my wife helped turn wrenches and get dirty. gona try to post pics in a day or two

Thats a good wifey ya got there helpin ya out smile
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 11:46 am
Yeah shes a pretty cool chic. I think ill hang on to her for a while.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 4:12 pm
out with the old.....[Linked Image]
in with the new....[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 8:23 pm
got the new pipes on today. almost got them hooked up and damned if it didnt rain on my parade.[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 9:07 pm
Looking good ! yay .....should have did the seats last ...you could have worked on them in the van in the rain..... lol
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 9:12 pm
looks Freakin SUHWEET! i cant wait to see it in person! What do you plan to do with the big ole dent in the fender?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 11:09 pm
thanks HIGHWAY. There wasnt any rain in sight until it come poorin down.lol

Thanks Chris.i geuss thats the next thing to tackle. kind of a big job cuttin all the spot welds and gettin everything straight behind the fender. not to mention ive got to cut one off of another van.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 11:12 pm
thanks HIGHWAY. There wasnt any rain in sight until it come poorin down.lol

Yup ...thats always how it goes.. I hear yeah man ! cheers
Posted By: MrHoney Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 11:29 pm
I like the old seats you took out kinda cool looking
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 11:31 pm
lil rain never hurt anyone though. got rite back out there and layed in the wet sand and hooked it up
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 13th 2012 11:33 pm
i liked em to but the wife wasnt comfy. ill find some cool wheels and make man cave chairs with them
Posted By: MrHoney Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 12:00 am
Yeah, the new ones are the ticket for comfort no doubt smile
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 12:39 am
she picked those out in the junkyard. we mustve went thru twenty vans before she found those. worked out to because my van is blue and silver on the inside. feels totaly diff in there now when im driving
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 12:58 am
she picked those out in the junkyard. we mustve went thru twenty vans before she found those. worked out to because my van is blue and silver on the inside. feels totaly diff in there now when im driving

As mentioned ..they look "GREAT".....I'm sure it's a major improvement.....Congrats to your wife ! yay
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 1:04 am
thanks highway. feels good to be back out there workin on it again. i havent gotten to post pics of progress in a while. tomorrow we are loading up the triumph in the back and headin down to daytona for the last few days of bikeweek. itll be the first long trip in her since i bought her and drove 250 mile home in her
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 1:08 am
thanks highway. feels good to be back out there workin on it again. i havent gotten to post pics of progress in a while. tomorrow we are loading up the triumph in the back and headin down to daytona for the last few days of bikeweek. itll be the first long trip in her since i bought her and drove 250 mile home in her

Have a safe trip U 2 and enjoy........ smile
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 1:10 am
thanks bud. hope to get pictures of the old girl cruisin on the beach.
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 2:57 am
Your van is looking sweet man.Love the side pipes.Great job.I gotta see that bad boy in person one day.Enjoy your self's at bike week. cheers
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 12:34 pm
thanks luke.
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 5:34 pm
hows it sound with the side pipes now?

I had a 93 GMC that i smashed a fender up on, they totaled it because of the work to replace the fender. some good bits and some tranny fluid to keep the bit lubed and you'll be fine. Take some beach pics for sure!
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 14th 2012 5:50 pm
I noticed you grabbed the beer and left the van sit out in the rain... rofl and you sure are taring into it.
Everything looks great River and I ain't gonna try and keep up any more. beer

coffee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 15th 2012 12:00 am
it sounds ok chris. the six i have has a factory split manifold so i run true duals. after i make this run to daytona and back this weekend maybe theyll be burnt out a lil better.

thanks vanplan. lol wouldnt you grab the beer and run to. those PBR's are hard to come by in the south.lol
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 15th 2012 12:47 am
yup, glass packs sound best after 500 miles and a few good whacks with a rubber mallet.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 18th 2012 9:09 pm
well im back from daytona. made it down and back without one single issue. With a 1,000 lbs of bike tools and a big bottle of Evan Willams whiskey in the back, we got 17mpg. sad to say i didnt get a chance to get a pic of her riding on the white sands of the historical daytona beach. one day though. this was my last year for bikeweek. to many A-hole cops and IDIOTS on two wheels. ill just stick to curvey two lane back roads and small get togethers here and there. on the way back i decided to see what the old girl was worth so i hit I-10 and run 75 for a 100 miles and she done great. been a good ol van so far.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 18th 2012 10:53 pm
well im back from daytona. made it down and back without one single issue. With a 1,000 lbs of bike tools and a big bottle of Evan Willams whiskey in the back, we got 17mpg. sad to say i didnt get a chance to get a pic of her riding on the white sands of the historical daytona beach. one day though. this was my last year for bikeweek. to many A-hole cops and IDIOTS on two wheels. ill just stick to curvey two lane back roads and small get togethers here and there. on the way back i decided to see what the old girl was worth so i hit I-10 and run 75 for a 100 miles and she done great. been a good ol van so far.

Welcome home...glad all went well ! yay
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 18th 2012 11:29 pm
Went there 2 yrs ago....

[Linked Image]

Over the bridge and onto the beach...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 19th 2012 1:27 pm
ive been on that very beach with a semi,bike, car and gocart but not my van. cool to imagine that there have been world land speed records made on that sand and the daytona speedway born on that sand
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 19th 2012 3:40 pm
I have my little pc of history....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 19th 2012 4:22 pm
I've been there shift
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 19th 2012 4:39 pm
Sand as soft as silk....
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 19th 2012 4:40 pm
and to think, i just moved from 80 miles from there to 1100 miles from there! Lol. I got my dually stuck in that sand.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 19th 2012 10:31 pm
one more lil thing done to the ol girl today. grabbed anothe twenty dollar bumper for the rear.before. [Linked Image] after [Linked Image]
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 20th 2012 2:51 am
Nice bumper cheers

Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 21st 2012 6:33 pm
well after my 500 mile shake down run to see if my ol girl is ready, ive decided to do the next big change. with a 1,000 lbs int he back and running a averege of 70 on the interstate i got 17mpg. so to improve on that i am going to be doing a change from a 3 speed standard on the colum to a 5 speed with over drive in the floor. i plan to take a lot of pics and document every thing so that if anyone wants to do this they will have all the info they need. currently i have a 3.07 rear gear ratio with a 250 intergrated head 2barrel carb. my 3 speed has a low first and second gear but when i shift to 3rd its a huge RPM drop. the down side of this trans is that at 55 or 60 mph i cant down shift or ill hand grenade the engine. so with the 5 speed ill have better driveability and gas mileage. ireally want to run to the NATS this year and this seems to be the next big improvement. i want to fix the banged up front fender and get the solid slider door on but at this point the 200 bucks i spend on doin the tranny will save a lot of money in gas and allow my motor to not work so hard.
seems to be the best thing at this point. dont ya think?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 23rd 2012 8:43 pm
Anyone know anything about the 4.2 dohc inline six thats in the new trailblazers. Ive been lookin at maybe doin a swap to one but id like some input on them before i comitt to it. Ive got a good deal on a whole trailblazer with only 68,000 miles on it. It was wrecked in the rear. Ive seen videos of people puttin these in older cars and trucks with turbos and man those things will haul ass.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - March 24th 2012 1:34 am
Anybody?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 01st 2012 6:21 pm
got out there amd got busy today. i have the 250 six banger in my van and it has WAY to much crap on the motor. so i started takin every thing off that it doesnt need in order to run good. my valve cover gasket was pooring oil out so while i had it off i modified it a lil. it had 4 steel tubes that ran from the exhaust manifold to the valve covers and another steel tube that connected between these to boxes that were on top of each end of the valve cover. in short i just ripped all the emissions crap off that didnt do anything to begin with [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 02nd 2012 1:38 am
so if anyone has this motor and wants to do this let me know. i can tell you what to do
Posted By: vanfun Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 02nd 2012 1:55 am
Don't do the trail blazer thing!! I hated mine. Left for Daytona bike week with small enclosed trailer and my roadking in the back and the POS couldn't fight its way out of a paper bag. Went back (after 45 mins. of driving) and got the truck with a 4.3 and smooth sailing at 70-75 MPH 17 MPG average pulling the hills on rt 77 etc!
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 02nd 2012 3:30 am
Sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon.Your van is really coming along nicely. cheers
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 02nd 2012 5:27 am
that looks much less cluttered. I was wondering when you were gonna replace that back bumper! If you make it up here a week or so early for the nats, we can pull out/replace that fender at the shop. what ever happened to the flares? You may have told me, seems i have a touch of old-timers lately.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 02nd 2012 12:35 pm
so the trailblazer motor has no ass? that sucks.lol well ill stick with what i know will pull a load. ill just go ahead with the 5 speed then.
chris i have flares but i dont think they look rite with skinnies up front. i may be wrong. i may go ahead with em anyway
Posted By: Halyeah Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 03rd 2012 8:24 pm
So how does it run now that all that junk is off of it? Thinking of doing the same to mine. Nice to meet ya last week!

Halyeah
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 04th 2012 4:38 pm
Seems it runs a lil better. LOT easier to work around for sure.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 04th 2012 4:39 pm
And it was good to meet you as well.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 04th 2012 8:03 pm
The hardest part was the two lil boxes. They are spot welded on. If you take and clean around them youll see the spot welds. Use a grinder and hit those welds a lil then you can take a hamer and chisel and knock em loose.
There are 4 steel tube that run from the manifold into those boxes. I unbolted them to get them out then cut the tubes off of the fitting that goes into the manifold. Went to the hardware and found 4 short bolts the have the same head size as the fittings. Put the bolt into the fiting and weld around the head(unless you can find plugs to block off the holes). This pretty much eliminates all that crap. Block off the hole in the bottom of the breather which used to be hooked to the steel line that run off the two boxes.
To fill the two holes in the valve cover, go to the parts house and you can get a grommet to put on the rear hole so you can put your pcv valve back in and you can get a oil filler cap to fit the front. If you have any probs call me
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 22nd 2012 12:42 am
well i havent gotten to do much to Evangeline latley but go to lowes and fishing. at my old house 2 years ago i had a 3 car 2 story garage. sold that and a year later got married for the first time and until last week didnt have anything but a hole riddled tin roof and a dirt floor to work in. now ive got a decent lil 12 x 16 barn that i can get my tools in out of the weather. hopefully get my flairs on this weekend.pics to follow soon.
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - April 22nd 2012 1:06 am
Well hurry up and get it done...I may be looking for one.

shift rofl

coffee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 01st 2012 12:23 am
Well as much as i wanted and planed on goin to that nats this year, looks like ill have to wait. With my type of job and youngins i need to look at the bigger picture. Have almost been tempted to sell my sweet Evangeline to catch up on bills but she is a member of my life and family at this point. So ill have to buckle down and hopefully make the nats next year. Until then even though most of you wont see me at evants doesent mean im not vannin. I plan on a lot of weekend nomad trips in my girl with wife and kids.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 01st 2012 12:27 am
Originally Posted by River_Rat
Well as much as i wanted and planed on goin to that nats this year, looks like ill have to wait. With my type of job and youngins i need to look at the bigger picture. Have almost been tempted to sell my sweet Evangeline to catch up on bills but she is a member of my life and family at this point. So ill have to buckle down and hopefully make the nats next year. Until then even though most of you wont see me at evants doesent mean im not vannin. I plan on a lot of weekend nomad trips in my girl with wife and kids.

Family first brother !... smile
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 01st 2012 2:54 am
That sucks to hear brother, take care of that family and we'll see you down the road!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 11th 2012 11:37 pm
My van maybe up for sale soon. I found a older model shorty id rather have.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 11th 2012 11:54 pm
My van maybe up for sale soon. I found a older model shorty id rather have.

sounds cool got any pics ?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 8:59 am
not yet. Im gona try to ride over and look at it tomorrow. Its a 1975 shorty panel with a v8. It was a one owner van. Sounds like its in pretty good shape. The big problem is convicing my wife to let me get it.lol
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 12:01 pm
Just go get it and wait for a good rain to bring it home...LOOK honey my van shrunk. rofl

coffee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 12:40 pm
Yeah ummmm.... No.lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 1:14 pm
Good Luck van
Posted By: frscke1 Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 3:56 pm
Put a ribbon on it and tell her its for her....
Posted By: Awbartley Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 5:18 pm
yeah
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 7:20 pm
Good luck! Hope she lets you get it. Im going through a similar situation myself.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 9:00 pm
not yet. The big problem is convicing my wife to let me get it.lol

Oh man River ...you got one of them kinda wives.... lol....I have always brought it home first and then given her a couple day's to get used to it.... after all these years of marriage she just expects the unexpected..... yay
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 12th 2012 10:28 pm
well just a week ago i handed over my check book. so she sees it before i do. as much as i want this ill have to let it pass. so if anybody wants it there is a 1975 chevy van for 900 bucks in the panama city fl craigslist ads
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 2:53 am
Well tomorrow will be a sad day. Ive decided to let go of my sweet Evangaline. The new owner will come take her away from me.
Im tired of struggling month to month with bills and so this was one of those things i had to do. This will pay off one of my bills. So i geuss ill be rolling out my old 70 chevy C-10 and get it back on the road. Ill be vanless for atleast a year if everything works out rite. Once the bills are payed off ill start over from scratch with another van. Ill miss her. She has been loyal and trustworthy every mile.
Posted By: SaabGuy Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 3:31 am
You gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. Doesn't make it any better though.
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 3:49 am
That sucks! Last time we talked i thought you were keepin her? Sell the truck! Seriously though, i hope you keep checking in on the forum here and keep in touch with us all. You'll have another van soon enough. Good luck brother.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 12:13 pm
Well tomorrow will be a sad day. Ive decided to let go of my sweet Evangaline. The new owner will come take her away from me.
Im tired of struggling month to month with bills and so this was one of those things i had to do. This will pay off one of my bills. So i geuss ill be rolling out my old 70 chevy C-10 and get it back on the road. Ill be vanless for atleast a year if everything works out rite. Once the bills are payed off ill start over from scratch with another van. Ill miss her. She has been loyal and trustworthy every mile.

Sorry the van has to go but hey, did U say 70 C-10...very cool !...Come on over to c10forum.com I'm Pro/StreetPete over there and theres lots of cool old trucks River......
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 2:27 pm
Cool. Ill have to check that out pete. Ive got the 70 c-10 and a 72 c-20
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 8:00 pm
Cool. Ill have to check that out pete. Ive got the 70 c-10 and a 72 c-20

Great I'll be lookin for ya !! yay
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 8:11 pm
Have you got a old chevy?
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 8:27 pm
Yeah, 83 C-10 short bed tubed with 31x18.50x15 rubber Ford 9" with a 406 small block and 700R4 trans,,,red with grey interior ..... chevy
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 9:06 pm
Wow. Sounds nice
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 24th 2012 9:46 pm
Yeah, 83 C-10 short bed tubed with 31x18.50x15 rubber Ford 9" with a 406 small block and 700R4 trans,,,red with grey interior ..... chevy

You should post a pic of in off topic.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 1:47 am
Well i couldnt do it. Just couldnt sell her. So she is still with me for a while. Even my wife sais she was glad i didnt sell it. Evangaline is part of my family and part of me. The kid that was gona buy it aint so happy tho.
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 4:20 am
I'm glad to hear you kept her.
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 5:31 am
You can always let her sit for awhile until you can get back to her, but take it from me it hurts to let a van you love go. Keep on keepin on brother, i knew ya'd keep her smile
Posted By: CatFish Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 10:09 am
Don't forget the ad...
http://panamacity.craigslist.org/cto/3030788157.html

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 10:47 am
Originally Posted by draggnastro
You can always let her sit for awhile until you can get back to her, but take it from me it hurts to let a van you love go. Keep on keepin on brother, i knew ya'd keep her smile

Yea,I still miss my ole 73
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 11:04 am
it just kept eating at me all day. then out of nowhere my brother and mom show up to grill some burgers and they helped me realize how much i love the old girl. i just couldnt imagine it not being here anymore. so now its back to work.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 12:32 pm
Good to hear ! yay ....I still miss my white chevy shorty...
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 12:33 pm
Originally Posted by draggnastro

You should post a pic of in off topic.

Will do smile
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 1:17 pm
Good to hear ! yay ....I still miss my white chevy shorty...

Hell, i miss your white chevy shorty,

I miss 7 out of 9 of the Astros ive owned, my 89 ford and my 79 dodge. If i only had a barn!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 4:59 pm
That was a nice van
Posted By: relaxedvanner Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 25th 2012 7:49 pm
Glad you're keeping it. I miss my old '76 GMC and she was far from a nice van, good running gear though. Just keep plugging away at it when you have the time.
Posted By: 33films Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 26th 2012 1:58 am
i just read this entire topic. So many ups and downs!! Glad you are keeping it for now. Such a cool van.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 26th 2012 7:55 am
Thanks. Yeah ive had a few hard times but for some reason just never do let her go. Maybe its just ment to be.lol
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - May 31st 2012 11:17 pm
If all works out ill be doing a t-5 5 speed swap into my old girl soon. Finnally located a good trans and had a hour long conversation with another vanner from florida. Told him about vanning.com so maybe we will see him on here soon. He has a lt1 in his astro with a ton of work that he has done to it.
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 01st 2012 3:02 am
Sounds cool.
aren't you glad you kept Evangaline cheers
Posted By: draggnastro Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 01st 2012 5:10 am
Sweet! Im glad to hear progress is happening.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 01st 2012 1:28 pm
Yeah. I wouldve really missed her. I cant wait to see how this things gona run with that five speed. Should get great gas mileage to. Plus later on im gona swap to an older model head so that i can change to a diff intake and carb. Kinda thought about doing a throttle body setup. First things first though
Posted By: wookee Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 01st 2012 4:14 pm
IF it is a clean swap an older head with the separate intake exhaust will run way better.
I dropped qa 69 6 in my 77 van that had the modular head 6 originally.
It was almost like swapping in a v/8. Very noticeable difference in power and low end torque.

Good to hear you are keeping her.

Call me next time you are passing through this way.

.......Wookee
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - June 01st 2012 8:50 pm
Ive been reading up on it and if i go with a 194 head on my 250 it bumps the compression up a pretty good bit. I hate the carb thats on this thing now and i dont like not having the option of changing intakes. May go ahead and change the cam while im at it. With all that being done and having that 5 speed it should cruise nicely
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - July 04th 2012 1:10 am
Evangeline is getting new wheels and finnaly getting the 5 speed T-5 tranny. Hope to post pics of the full swap in a few weeks.
Hope eveyone has a great and safe Independence day and to all who are making the trip to the nats, i hope all have a safe and great time. Ill see you next year no matter what.
Happy 4Th everyone.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 29th 2012 4:04 pm
Just posted my van for sale in the classifieds. Things just not goin to good around my house. I know it looks like i dont know what i wanna do but have had some tough crap to deal with and hard choices to make like this one. Hopefully in a couple years i can get another one. I will miss it.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - August 29th 2012 6:35 pm
Sorry to hear that River Rat
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 10th 2012 3:29 am
Call me brother. . .
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 15th 2012 5:57 pm
well she is gone now. sold her yesterday. missing her already. hopefully ill find another one next year if everything works out
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 15th 2012 5:59 pm
frown but congrats
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 15th 2012 6:10 pm
thanks Wizard. it was a hard choice to make. almost backed out of the deal like i did twice before. hope the kid takes care of her. i cant replace her. but i will get another.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 15th 2012 7:39 pm
Hope he takes care of it,I know that was a hard decision to make
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 15th 2012 9:41 pm
he just sent me a text saying he was sending it to Virginia to a custom car builder for a complete overhaul. so thats good news.
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 16th 2012 12:41 am
Just heard about this sell, CONGRATS MAN ! I know how hard this was for you, but now you can get a FORD ! worms rofl worms
Posted By: VanPLan Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 16th 2012 2:06 am
Say it ain't soooo...but I know ya gotta do whats ya gotta do. don't be a stranger.

cheers
coffee

Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 16th 2012 4:02 am
O i wont. After everything is takin care of i want to find a early. Maybe a chevy, maybe a dodge or a ford. Im not picky. I like them all.
Posted By: Bullet Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 16th 2012 11:55 am
Ask him if he's going to leave it a straight drive or change it over to auto, I'd love to have a full straight drive changeover. When you get everything worked out, let me know, I'm sure we can all pull together and find you another affordable cruiser.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 16th 2012 2:08 pm
Ok. Ive got my eye on a few boneyards. Just waiting to get everything cleared up. My next one will be a lil hotrod. I want to build a rear engine v8 early
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 16th 2012 2:32 pm
That sounds like a cool plan
Posted By: Ceejus Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 16th 2012 6:51 pm
congrats on the sale, but sorry to hear it's gone...hopefully we'll have another vanner in the mix..
Posted By: lukester Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 17th 2012 2:28 am
I'm glad to hear you found her a good home.
Posted By: Bullet Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 17th 2012 12:32 pm
A late model Caddy with a Northstar, they made a version based on the Grand Am size body, the whole driveline would pop right in and be the right width.
Posted By: River_Rat Re: WOOOHOOO! - October 17th 2012 1:50 pm
Thats exactly what i was thinkin
© Vannin' Community and Forums