Vannin' Home
Posted By: patrick66 New from OK - May 28th 2012 2:24 am
I'm Patrick. I just bought a 1979 Dodge Street Van from the second owner a few weeks ago. It was customized from new, with a few little changes over the years. It has a 360-4bbl, auto, cruise, air/heater, full factory gauges, pop-out sunroof and rear quarter windows, ice box, closet, bed, two captains chairs, and more. The PO added a Sony sound system with four speakers, a 12" sub, and twin amps. He also added the 15" Americn Torq-Thrust wheels and Cooper radials, and the functional sidepipes.

It's fun, I like it, as does the wife!
Posted By: Starlord Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 2:41 am
Welcome, glad you're here. Somebody is going to request pics of the vehicle (or many somebodies), so go to the reader's rides section, see how to post pics and give us plenty.
Posted By: Starlord Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 2:43 am
Ooops, you can get the info on posting pics right here on this section of the forums.
Posted By: baljoint Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 2:47 am
welcome from california. i'm new here myself, and this is a great place for a new van owner to get all kinds of useful info. have a good one...
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 3:19 am
Welcome. LOTS of great info on here. Enjoy!
Posted By: frscke1 Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 3:26 am
Welcome welcome
Posted By: River_Rat Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 3:57 am
Welcome from Fl. Sounds like a sweet van. Post pics when you can
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 5:11 am
Welcome welcome from Bethany Ok, right off Route 66 by about 2 blocks ! Where in OK are you at? I would love to meet up, check out this van as it sounds really nice and just relax and visit some. Reach me here is best or at unc_fester2001@yahoo.com
Posted By: patrick66 Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 9:44 am
Pics on my post here:

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/565107.html#Post565107
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 9:46 am
welcome Sweet van ya picked up!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 10:13 am
Very Sweet welcome aboard
Posted By: relaxedvanner Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 12:32 pm
Welcome to the site. Great looking van.
Posted By: lukester Re: New from OK - May 28th 2012 6:15 pm
welcomefrom Florida

Posted By: patrick66 Re: New from OK - May 29th 2012 2:51 am
Here is the thread from the PO of what the van looked like last year, when he bought it, and what it looked like prior to me buying it:

https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php/topics/565122/1.html

Still have not yet decided whether to remove the quarter panel H-D decals or not. I don't ride, and haven't since an accident in 1981.

With four of us in the van, the rear tires do rub on a relatively rough road, so air shocks are in the immediate plans for the Dodge. I enjoy the way it drives. It draws a great deal of attention, no matter where we go with it. It took a first place trophy at the local Mopar show a couple of weeks back, and got lots of "oooohs" and "ahhhhs" at a cruise night we attended last week. It, of course, was the only van at both events!
Posted By: diamond dan Re: New from OK - May 29th 2012 3:08 am
Welcome from Texas, Hope to see you at a Truckin some time.
Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: New from OK - May 29th 2012 3:07 am
Nice looking Dodge...Fester asked what part of OK r u in ? I will ask the same thing.Are u near El Reno OK ? which is 30 miles west of OK City(close to Fester). anyway June 1st & June 2nd is their Small Town Cruise which brings in lots of car enthusiasts. We are planning on going there from Topeka Ks. Fester, I will give u a call when we get there.
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: New from OK - May 29th 2012 5:37 am
You better Isreal! May be the closest thing to a run we get this year. . . . . .
Posted By: Awbartley Re: New from OK - May 29th 2012 10:50 am
Originally Posted by patrick66
Still have not yet decided whether to remove the quarter panel H-D decals or not. I don't ride...

Personally, I think they look good, but if it were mine (wish it were lol) I would take them off. The paint will fade all around them and if you ever do take them off, youll be left with the outlines...
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: New from OK - May 31st 2012 1:48 am
Just had a nice phone visit with Patrick66, and it looks like we are meeting in person this Saturday to go to the El Reno Cruise Night ( http://www.ercruisers.com/ ). Should be a fun evening !
Posted By: al55 Re: New from OK - May 31st 2012 10:26 pm
welcome to the site from New Brunswick Canada
[Linked Image]
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: New from OK - June 01st 2012 1:47 am
W-E-L-C-O-M-E ............ cheers
Posted By: Galaxy Re: New from OK - June 14th 2012 8:35 pm
welcome to the forums!
© Vannin' Community and Forums