Vannin' Home
Posted By: RobRush Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 6:14 pm
Hello party people.. I have been a long time van fan, and I just got my first van / project.

It's a 1992 Dodge 250 conversion. Only two owners before me, and has been operational for some time. It's recently made a trip to Tahoe through a snow storm so I have a good feeling about the condition of the inner workings. The second row of captains chairs were removed by the original owner, and a bench from another van was bolted down in it's place :-/ Hopefully there is a way to nice that up in the future. other than that this is the blue beauty that will be taking up a lot of my time from now on!!

My first goal is to find a replacement wheel for the front there that matches the rest, and possibly a spare smile The roof rack has a chunk missing as well. I can't wait to get moving on this thing, any pointers are appreciated!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 6:27 pm
Welcome! This is the right place for anything to do with vans and vannin!!
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 7:23 pm
welcome aboard
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 7:44 pm
Welcome welcome
Posted By: Bikertrash00 Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 8:17 pm
Welcome!
Posted By: al55 Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 9:12 pm
welcome to the site, good to see another Dodge man join the forum.From a fellow Dodge man in Canada.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: cjhardcore Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 9:37 pm
You are at the right place....excluding me, there is a ton of knowledge here and it doesn't cost a thing
Posted By: draggnastro Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 10:01 pm
thats a pretty clean looking Dodge! you can probably find an entire set of wheels used for the same price it would cost to replace the one factory wheel. Good luck in what ever you decide to do with it, and Welcome!
Posted By: NateB Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 10:07 pm
Welcome aboard. Nice Mopar!

Those wheels came on Ramchargers as well me thinks. A fellow in our club put a set of those on his 96 hi-top conversion. He sent them out to be powder-coated Argent Silver and boy are they sweet!
Posted By: Phoenix Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 10:59 pm
Someone like you sounds great may you will inspire more people to get going on their vans. Welcome , have a good time in here and there are many good people on this site.
Posted By: Phoenix Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 11:02 pm
Oh yes just one thing to remember , you mentioned roof rack....You put holes in your roof they will leak.......... someday. don't let things get loose up there or you might help the inevitable happen sooner.
Posted By: Phoenix Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 25th 2012 11:04 pm
Yes I have a wing screwed to my top and I did make holes in my roof but I have so much silicone involved in attaching that wing that GE had to put in another line to support my use...lol
Posted By: Ma Left coast one Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 26th 2012 2:03 am
To find out about little bit of vanning here in the Northwest please email me at onehtma2@aol.com We do have a couple of campouts etc coming up in May and June. Chris
Posted By: Ma Left coast one Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 26th 2012 2:07 am
Will you be at Misty Mountain Hoedown on June 8-10 this year. Lots of fun and great people too. Boledro Park hOLISTER cALIFORNIA ONEHTMA2@AOL.COM
Posted By: RobRush Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 26th 2012 3:14 am
Thanks for the love guys!

Good advice on the wheels, trying to track down one stray might be tougher than a whole new set. The roof rack seems solid and there isn't any water damage yet, but maybe I'll look into re-sealing it. Seems like replacing it could TOTALLY cause more problems with leaks etc. I'm gonna be going over the whole thing in the next few weeks and starting to get busy. Maybe i'll make it out to the Boledro Park! It's just down the coast a bit. smile
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 26th 2012 3:22 am
my 91 Dodge van had a set of those factory wheels, i swapped them onto my Black shortbed, never got a chance to polish them, but they didn't look bad.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - April 26th 2012 3:34 am
welcome aboard.
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Van Rookie... ready to begin - May 02nd 2012 1:02 pm
welcome to the site!
And good luck with your project. If you have any more specific questions feel free to post them in the Dodge section.
© Vannin' Community and Forums