Vannin' Home
Posted By: Moonshadow Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 20th 2011 4:56 pm
Greetings All! I too 'dig' my van! lol. I just picked it up last fall from Craigslist but drove it all over last summer. However, it has been a wiring nightmare, fires, blowing out the regulator and alternator, no gauges working, even had to drive from Little Rock, Arkansas to Holland, Michigan with no lights of any kind.. not brake lights, head lights, tail lights, nada! Finally I have gotten a universal wiring harness for it and a friend is about to undertake that job because that is just too over my head. I can do basic change of alternator, oil, things like that, but those wiring schematics are simply frightening. curse not to mention it's like opening a worms

Anyway, I am here to meet some van lovers like myself and to learn what I can. I have however learned that I need to be lifting weights... that manual steering in my Dixie(my vans name)is wearing me out! I'll soon look like Popeye crazy

Any advice on this wiring issue is welcome and greatly appreciated! Ram4ever has been a huge help so far! I look forward to getting to know ya'll and seeing pics of your vans!

Peace!
Moonshadow
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 20th 2011 5:07 pm
welcome to the site cheers
Posted By: Bikertrash00 Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 20th 2011 5:11 pm
welcome I dig it!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Lovin this forum! - October 20th 2011 5:19 pm
welcome aboard! Nice van you have there. From what you describe it sounds like you may have multiple issues, the biggest being grounding issues. The lighting issues can also be ground related, but could also be from a bad dimmer switch or headlight switch. Replacing the harness is a good idea, but may not be necessary but it might be easier than tracing problems. If you gremlin doesn't lie in the harness it may not fix it either.

Good Luck and keep us posted.
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: Lovin this forum! - October 20th 2011 5:30 pm
Welcome....this is certainly the place to learn about all things related to vans.
Posted By: vanatic05 Re: Lovin this forum! - October 20th 2011 5:31 pm
welcome aboard
Posted By: River_Rat Re: Lovin this forum! - October 20th 2011 5:50 pm
Welcome aboard! If it were me, while your installing a new harness do away with the alt and reg and go with the GM one wire alternator. Its dependable anddoes away with a lot of wiring
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Lovin this forum! - October 20th 2011 5:54 pm
welcome to the forums!
I don't speak Dodge to well, but from doing some reading on here, wiring seems to be a common problem in the mid Dodge van. There are are quite a few Dodge gurus on these boards who I'm sure will chime in later.
Have to mention, we also have a great classic rock station around here. Located at 104.3
Cool van, I wish you the best of luck with it.
Posted By: F350 Re: Lovin this forum! - October 20th 2011 6:15 pm
Welcome.

I also am in the same boat, so I can offer you advice on the wiring.

Can you show us some pics of the wiring? Take anything and everything.
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: Lovin this forum! - October 20th 2011 6:34 pm
welcome Love the van yay
Posted By: VanPLan Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 20th 2011 7:39 pm
welcome to the site and nice ride...newbie here myself and one of my first big problems..(which I created myself yay) was wiring and with alot of help from many... problems solved.

And just so you are aware most of us are wired wrong also...without pics it seems our brains don't function. haha shift haha

cheers
coffee
Posted By: heavy389 Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 20th 2011 7:51 pm
welcome
Posted By: frscke1 Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 20th 2011 7:59 pm
Welcome welcome
Posted By: purplesporty17 Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 20th 2011 8:08 pm
nice van. really like it. i like the back doors!
Posted By: lukester Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 20th 2011 11:59 pm
welcomefrom Florida

Sweet van.....
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 21st 2011 3:35 am
Cool looking van
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 21st 2011 5:14 am
Originally Posted by FrictionAffect
without pics it seems our brains don't function.

haha
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 21st 2011 2:06 pm
welcome aboard.
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 22nd 2011 1:29 am
welcome nice dodge you got good luck with her smile
Posted By: CPSChevyVan Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 25th 2011 1:59 am
Welcome! Love the van!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 25th 2011 2:17 am
WELCOME........... cheers
Posted By: Moonshadow Re: Lovin this forum! - October 30th 2011 5:28 am
My friend just finished putting in the new wiring harness and Ram4Ever in this forum was a huge help. Cross your fingers... I am ready to have my Dixie back. I've missed her! shift
Posted By: Moonshadow Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 30th 2011 5:29 am
Thanks! What an awesome picture and love the quote! smile
Posted By: Moonshadow Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 30th 2011 5:32 am
Thanks for the welcome. Looks like you have a couple sweet vans! Nice! laugh
Posted By: FinallyaVanner Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 30th 2011 6:20 am
welcome Killer looking van you got there. Hopefully all the bugs are gone and you can enjoy your van.

Richard
Posted By: Galaxy Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 30th 2011 3:15 pm
Glad to see you got your van up and running again! cool
Posted By: aftoyboy Re: Lovin this forum! Proud 77 Dodge Van Owner!! - October 30th 2011 5:30 pm
Welcome to the forums, these guys are like family if not better! enjoy the site let us know if we can help with anything else.
© Vannin' Community and Forums