Vannin' Home
Posted By: Alexarc New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 23rd 2007 5:53 pm
Yet another one here.

I'm in Bellingham, WA. which is pretty much south Canada. I've had my van for almost a year and just recently found this site. It really made the mod bug I had get even itchier though. Right now I have a 1979 Chevy G10 shorty my only big change up so far has to be the 350 I put in last fall, which works nicely with the Flowmaster exhaust that the previous owner put in. The interior is pretty much a used up barebones stock, so I'm looking around at how different folks did it.

I know 3-4 other van fans up here and we had been talking about putting together a club of some sort, good to see that we aren't the only van owners to think of making our own club.

See ya 'round!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 23rd 2007 5:56 pm
Well welcome to the site and yes do put together a club.
Posted By: Alexarc Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 23rd 2007 6:24 pm
Thanks newkirkinc1.

I've been diggin' what I've read so far. While I might have the personality to start a club, I definately don't have the van knowledge to back it up. I need to get a more mechanical kinda person to help out. Man, when something breaks, it takes me weeks to figure it out. Makes me wish I'd paid more attention to my dad when I was a kid, he was always trying to get me to work on tractors with him. Hind-sight is 20/20 and all that though.
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 23rd 2007 9:45 pm
Welcome to the forums!

I've been to Bellingham--just beautiful up there! We sailed the San Jaun Islands for a couple of days, went to Vancouver on the 4th of July and stayed with friends on the golf course! Would love to visit the area again!

Suzie
Posted By: weird Harold Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 23rd 2007 10:08 pm
Aloha and Welcome Alex. it's great to here there are more Vanners up here in the P.N.W. there is a few clubs up in washington state I will get you some #'s there will be a run down here in Oregon that is a blast. will post the info for you...
Posted By: NateB Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 23rd 2007 11:20 pm
Welcome Alex!
Posted By: starwars Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 24th 2007 2:28 am
welcome to the forum
Posted By: Native Son Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 24th 2007 12:52 pm
Welcome Alex,
This is the "Super Walmart for vanning information", I hope your vanning joureny is a great one.
Posted By: Bryce Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 24th 2007 3:45 pm
Welcome, always room for one more. I agree, Washington state is beautiful. There is also a lot of solid rust free old vans up there. We need more people like you to buy them and enjoy them.

P.S., don't be fooled into thinking all of even a majority of vanners are mechanically inclined. There are a lot of us who only know what hole to put the gas in. If you did a motor swap, then you are far from lacking in ability, any van specific info can be found right here on this site.
Posted By: Snotty Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 24th 2007 10:45 pm
yup yup welcome alexarc to the forums of vanning.com... and what Bryce said! if U did the 350 conversion yourself your WAY ahead of many! Pics Pics! we love pictures on this site!
Posted By: bama2121 Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 25th 2007 1:29 am
welcome to vannin an the forums
Posted By: Superbeast Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 25th 2007 2:53 pm
WELCOME ABOARD. GREAT TO HAVE YOU WITH US.
Posted By: vanatic05 Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - June 25th 2007 3:28 pm
Welcome aboard..I'm sure Harold can help you with finding a club..
Posted By: Elwhajack Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - July 27th 2007 12:39 am
B-ham...wow! I am from across the way or was born that away in Pt. Angeles. My wife is an alum of WWU and a Husky. We currently reside in Muncie,IN. So, take a look at Mt Baker and think about how being in van a person can get many perspectives.
I sure do miss the sunrise and westerlys from that area...welcome to Vannin.
Posted By: weird Harold Re: New guy in Bellingham, Wa. - July 27th 2007 1:02 am
were did he go ?
© Vannin' Community and Forums