Vannin' Home
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 5:37 pm
Hello, a kid I know that lives in Michigan customizes bodies for Traxxas, E T Maxx, T-maxx, Revos etc. I have bought a few for my collection, he does amazing work. I have asked him in the past has he ever thought of using his skills on a real vehicle, but he has no interest in doin that. Its too bad because I LOVE his work especially how he makes his flames POP and they look soo realistic. Im gonna ask him again next Spring if he would do it for me but Does anyone know of any artists that could do a job like this???

Here are some pics of his work.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Like I say....AmAzIng!
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 6:20 pm
The artist that doodled on my van at the Nats a couple years ago could do it.

[Linked Image]

His Web Site
Posted By: sasktrini Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 6:34 pm
RJS, does that guy paint on the underside of the lexan bodies, or does he do it on the outside and clear it? Looks great! I'm envious of that talent!
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 6:59 pm
^Outside from what I can tell, They are soo much better lookin in person.

Superbeast, any chance the guy who doodled on your van has a portfolio on the web? OH nevermind, I see the link you provided,
Thanks Im gonna check him out.

Ok, I checked him out, Is he located in California? if so, that would be out of reach for me.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 7:07 pm
Lot of good airbrushers out there....lot of good artist lots of good vehicle artist...butt..there is such a saturation that most the work seen is average good work mostly with a semi pro experience.....not a lot of show painters out there the trend is in quick stencil work now with a quick turn over.

You have to shop around and realy ask a lot of questions.
Posted By: BvrWally Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 7:07 pm
RJS...there is a fellow in Ashtabula, named John Torma. He has been cranking out airbrushed murals for 30+ years and is one Fine Artist!! I would give him a call at 440-992-4821! He has a small shop/studio, and his artwork is some of the nicest around! He is always in demand, but he is not priced out of range, that is why he is so popular! He takes his time and does it right!
B.W. smile
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 7:13 pm
WoW Thanks BvrWally, Ashtabula is totally do-able, my in laws live 40 mins away in Perry, Ashtabula is the next town over! I will give him a call!

Bless U
Rhoe

And thanks DocCyber for the tip!
Posted By: BvrWally Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 7:18 pm
RJS...so where are you located here in Ohio? You had ought to hit BVA's Christmas party in Warren this weekend! It's always great! Lot's of good "Vanners" there to boot!
B.W.
https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=231128&nt=2&page=1
Posted By: NateB Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 7:33 pm
Ok, I checked him out, Is he located in California? if so, that would be out of reach for me

Guy and Judy are in Canada. Not sure exactly where. I think Ontario or Quebec.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 7:35 pm
Originally Posted by Nate the skate
Ok, I checked him out, Is he located in California? if so, that would be out of reach for me

Guy and Judy are in Canada. Not sure exactly where. I think Ontario or Quebec.

http://www.guyjudysdreamweaverstudio.com/
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 7:38 pm
B.W., Im in South Euclid,Just South of Cleveland, I have never been to Warren All I know is that they are always sending great H.S.Prospects to The Ohio State University Football program ;O) Give me more details, who knows?! Im have to make a trip to Erie, PA this weekend to pick up some Jaguar Bucket seats I'm buying for my Van. I will see if I can make it!!
Posted By: BvrWally Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 7:45 pm
S.Euclid...I used to go to a Bob's Big Boy there on Euclid Ave (Rt.20)!! I worked in Eastlake for 4 years and had a guy there from Euclid. I dated a girl from E.200th! Small world!
BVA's details are in the link I posted in my last post...just click on it: https://www.vanning.com/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=231128&nt=2&page=1

B.W.
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 8:01 pm
Yikes! My wife grew up on 222nd! and I'm an Auxillary Police Officer in Euclid! Small world indeed.

Thanks for the info

Rhoe
Posted By: BvrWally Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 8:06 pm
Small world indeed!! We caught the "Asylum Street Spankers" show in February there at the Beachland Ballroom!(formerly the Croatian Club?)or so I was told? Used to be a very nice neighborhood, Euclid that is. Haven't cruised through it in years.
B.W.
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 8:16 pm
^ Your not missing a thing, Euclid is horrific now,(Especially the schools) EVERYONE I knew moved to Perry!
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 8:27 pm
anyone gets carried away at the x-mas party and has to go to the hospital in warren my nephew is the doctor on call, tell hin uncle stan sent you !!
Posted By: BvrWally Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 8:34 pm
RJS...Sorry to hear that about Euclid! My daughter lives near Perry, but actually Madison Twp.! I drive through Perry all of the time! In fact a couple of weeks ago, on my way to a friend's house right near the Perry Nuke Plant, a meteor came down! I missed it, or should I say it missed me, but wondered why all of the helicopters were circling over me and safety services scrambling all around? lol I was wondering about your Cartoon at the bottom of your screens? You wouldn't to have happened to be prior USAF? I do recognize that as a SR-71!!
B.W. smile
Posted By: BvrWally Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 8:37 pm
SFS60...Hopefully that won't happen, but I'll keep that in mind!! Thanks!
B.W. smile
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 02nd 2008 9:58 pm
No B.W. Father was, Im an ex Military brat!! I have seen The Lockheed up and personal many times when stationed at Kadena A.F.B. In Okinawa, Japan.
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 03rd 2008 10:01 pm
Blue Flames are nice too

[Linked Image]
Posted By: nautic1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - December 05th 2008 1:42 am
Guy is one of the top airbrush artist's there is. He lives in Ingleside, Ontario Canada.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - January 30th 2009 3:16 pm
Some nice work here.

There are a few talented artist out there.I just came across an older artist Bill streeter,he was big in the day and is still working today.http://books.google.com/books?isbn=0760321337 try typing the link I couldn't get it to work.

Also here is another kid that I had let touch my van Jamie chasse from http://explicitairbrush.com/gallery/Album2.htm

An this guy here Bob gorske http://www.roadestudio.com/
these guys have been doing paint for over 30yrs.

Have Fun Looking.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - January 30th 2009 11:36 pm
bike painters arnt van painters........ya get some of those guyz on a big surface there all thumbs......ya have to know how to layout a van and know how deep you can go with detail or your spending way to much time and money.

its a completly differnt material list as well.

Posted By: tumbleweed Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - January 31st 2009 12:03 am
Flash is still out there doing this type of work. He is in N.C. also there is a guy goes by the name of Allen Johnson, out of Blairs town N.J. also someone too look into. There are two guys that show up at the Street Rod Nationals in York Pa first weekend in June. Allen is one of them. I will post more later on this weekend.

Tumbleweed
Nova Vans
Free Spirit
novavans.webs.com
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 02nd 2009 2:05 pm
Doc cyber these guys started on vans and cars but then got into the bikes because the $$$ is a little different.Lot more painting on a vehicle and you can get the same money doing a small job than a big job.

Yes Flash did my Friends Van Ed (FLY From vans on the run)yrs back.

Gorske was big in the 80's Roger Rock rolla has the orange van sinsational.

Art Bondage from Can't remember the club.(pioneer vally club that was it.He had the Van Naturally with the ski mural and had chrome front disc brakes.
Was A big Nationals Winner in the 80's.He Worked at custom coach in conn.

I need a picture of this van naturally Does anyone remember this ride.

The list gos on.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 02nd 2009 5:29 pm
yea ya got to find the older guyz......most the young painters i know today wouldnt even know where to start to paint a van....especialy with the materials today...this isnt the old lacquer days where you can just spray when you want..with todays high dollar paints and thinners and the paint windows they have to deal with(this is the amount of time between painting and then having to sand again so delamination doesnt happen)........its a very high skilled job now.

I know a lot of guys who would attempt it..but if you havnt done big surface areas and have had enough time to see if what you did lasted.....right now there are a lot of paint failing out there because this stuff is so sensative to specific application.

Im not saying there arnt guys out there what im saying is.......there not all trained to paint large areas.....again.....its quite a taske to even spray these big rigs with these new urethane paints.......and thats just a simple bodyshop paint job.....if your adding flakes....pearls....candy colors....over lays and your building a very difficult layerd custom paint job.....vans are not for the beginner or bike painter.....just a bit of caution when asking for paint credentials

here is the critical step.....your base is laid your clear is done....now you have to sand it for airbrushing......now you have to remove that scratch before you airbrush or your spraying on a scratch that can come back thru the airbrushing...but if you clear to remove the scratch you only have a 12-16 hour window before you have to top clear or re-sand.......now what.......if you dont know how to keep your windows open you will risk the job delaminating...or your pulling off a simple airbrushing.....not an easy skill to pull off.

again this isnt the old lacquer dayz when the thinner softened the under layers and etched into them...this is a new paint that requires a sand scratch or fresh paint to cause layers to attatch themself.

so..if your going to get your rig airbrushed and your going for a big paint job...find someone who has done it before and succesfully
Posted By: VanMorrison Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 12th 2009 11:26 pm
any line on so cal based artists. i know there must be a ton. the trick is finding the right one. usually need to use word of mouth
Posted By: Charley Olenak Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 13th 2009 12:22 am
Weel if you live in so.ca in Backersfiled CA.
You could find one of the best there is .been around sine the 70es my the name Of Jay Werner 1 661 717 8870.
He fast and real good .
Did my old 78 ford wone a lot of 1st places
Excalibur was her name to
Charley
Posted By: Lordmodelbuilder Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 13th 2009 12:32 am
Tom, the pres of my van club had Originals by Ron to all his mural work. I will find out how to get in touch with him.
He's in the Los Angeles area somewhere. Brad [Linked Image]
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 19th 2009 10:28 pm
You know , i have been off the forums a long time, and Judy has told me to stay away. But this time i will have to dissagree with a lot of what DocCyber says.
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 12:07 am
Part 1
Geezzzz where to start lol. All this talk about,high end paints , special windows , training , delamination , paint falling off , windows , crap , where did all this come from . Oh by the way , I am an award winning airbrush artist, and not just vans. I have worked on as small as miniature Harleys to 53 foot trailers , even restored 100 year old painting.So credentials? Do not take me there.

All the art i do is over a layer of clear sanded with 800 wet, and never have i had to worry about scratches so this is a myth.

As for top clearing. Once a surfaced is cleared and wet sanded , according to the Dupont rep i deal with and the shop that does my clear there is no window to re -clear. The only window for Dupont is when you are basing, once base is applied you have 16 hours max to lay the clear on it . This only applies to the base not re-clearing.

PArt 2 to follow
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 1:56 am
every one paints differntly.....some of you guyz are quick artist types and love to just blast paint.others like to layer and make very intricate complicated paint themes....both styles need differnt approaches to your final job........i know that if you havnt sprayed large areas like a van and think you can your in for a reality check.....so maybe all those above mentioned doesnt bother you but i quarantee it will bother some.........windows are real....800 scratch can catch a bit to much solvent and swell and tear.....i wouldnt just throw those away as problems that dont exist...and anything hardened has a short window anything that doesnt has a longer window...but you still have to stay within the time frame ......and if you have painted that many rigs im a bit surprised in your post because there are a lot of top pros that think differnt.......that throws a red flag for me......how many pieces have you done????
Posted By: leadfoot Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 2:12 am
EZ guys you both have talent... and diff opinions

DocCyber meet Guy...
http://www.guyjudysdreamweaverstudio.com/
and HI Judy !
Posted By: Snotty Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 2:36 am
Hey Guy and Judy, whats up guys... now play nice in the sandbox! LOL check out there website Cyber and i'm sure your opinion will change. ALOT of us vanners know Guy and know his work and it IS superb!

Guy and Judy what eVANts will we see u at this year? I hope all is well been TOO long since we heard from ya...

Please guys check the egos at the door and be civil, like LF said you both have great talents and it seems way different opinions!

Posted By: GreyBeardsGhost Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 2:46 am
I've only seen one artist do a demonstration and training session at the Nats (twice). I'm still impressed by DreamWeavers work.
Posted By: Mr Truckin Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 4:05 am
i do all my paint work by brush , damn stuff still runs
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 7:00 am
dreamweaver does some nice stuff.......but im not just an artist im a painter......i do all my own bases clears primers..i do all my own body work...id be more then willing to discuss some of these differences because its not art where talking about here..its chemical reactions atmospheric preassures and trapping materials in some very thick resins on top of very thin vinyl film........it might be a good learning experience for s
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 12:57 pm
Do you really think you are dealing with an amateur here Doc?

And as far as quick artist and blowing paint . You better take a close look at my work before you open your mouth again.

As far as chemical reactions and such. Doc i work hand in hand with a restoration shop that all they do is show quality work, and also deal with Dupont reps directly. The only red flags that came up to me was you.

And as for top pro's ....you are looking at one featured in Airbrush Action MAgazine
Posted By: Native Son Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 1:29 pm
Greetings Guy & Judy, miss you folks!

Now about all this saber rattling...I'm covering up my head!!!

Ahhh, too see the great masters fight is like watching two angles pluck the feathers off each others wings, it's just not right!

Artists are sensitive people and they are fierce to defend the long years and training that go into their art form, they are passionate, insightful and should not lower themselves to squabbling over details and differences of opinion.

Just feel good in knowing that there are millions out there who could only dream of having a fraction of the talent you guys show, you both have the right to defend your artistic beliefs but do remember all the aspirering artist are watching you both , show them that there is still class within this art form.

Now if you would rather beat up on me than each other that’s ok, just do it in a PM so that the young kids coming up in vanning can't see it in the forums, we all have a responsibility towards the future of vanning, lets show the next generation a united front.

I'm a big boy, I can take it, I can't promise that I'll read the PMs...LOL! because I hate getting bad news..Tee Hee Hee.

Have a good day, and next time you have your air brush in your hand give thanks that when the Gods gave out talent you were not standing in the wrong line like myself!

Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 2:10 pm
Come on guys .....

The best way to solve this is on the Show and Shine Field @ the NATZ......
So bring your best stuff and let the judges decide !

I am afraid I had a small part in Dreamweaver's not doing all his own bodywork and paint, and clear coating.....

My opinion at the time was, and still is, that his creativity was better served on doing the actual artwork, than the basic job of base coat, clear coat and buffing etc. Don't get me wrong, the base and finish is just as important as the artwork, but a lot more people are good at that, but can't draw a straight line, never mind features and effects.

DocCyber, I have never seen your work that I know of, but would like to. Is any of the van's you done still around ?

Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 2:35 pm
Ahhhh Native Son. I see as always wise and diplomatic. Good to see you also.

Brightest Blessings to you and yours and may the Goddess light your path my friend.

I will post one last time on this subject. I have paid my dues , lived ,breathed ,eaten and slept art. Many only understand the tech side and monatary part of art , I DO NOT.
So i leave you with this since credentials seems to matter. So many do not know me well.

Four times nominated for the hugo awards ( the equivalent of the oscars for art
Featured in four major art magazines
Since turning pro in 1979 numerous newspaper articles on my art including five tv interviews (U.S And Canada)
38 art gallery openings and showings (U.S And Canada)
42 first place awards for art and creative airbrushing
Entered into the records of The restoration society of Ontario for a three year project restoring old Anglican church paintings ( featured in a restoration magazine)

26 original paintings sold to collectors across the U.S Canada and Europe

Vehicles
Lil Winer.............Award winner (U.S And Canada)
Wizard of Oz..........Award Winner
Never ending story.......Award winner
Dream weaver..........Award Winner
&30 truck stop tractor and trailer...................international Award Winner
Flying eagle........Award Winner
4 Harleys featured in Hog MAgazine , 2 where award winners at Rodeo's across Canada. I could go on and on, because there is much more

Materials
Golden Fluid acrylics............water based

On a closing note.I just recently saw a car hood i did over 16 years ago. Still looks great as does all my other work.

Do i know what I am doing? Damn straight i do. TAke care everybody

Posted By: leadfoot Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 2:41 pm
your canadian? ;)
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 4:22 pm
I like kiwi fruit.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 5:09 pm
Originally Posted by DreamWeaver1
Do i know what I am doing? Damn straight i do. Take care everybody

Nice to see the REAL YOU back buddy! grin
Posted By: Charley Olenak Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 5:25 pm
Jay Werner in CA. still the best.
Excalibur
Posted By: quiet1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 20th 2009 5:48 pm
ok to constructively disagree... that we want to hear with the details...but the escalation I dont get?
Sad, when it is so easy to make this a great experience.

Styles/results are so different amongst all.
You are the best at what you do...

OK to share your experiences. Plz keep sharing.

I still hate peas.

I would like to see more paint and van stuff from both of you. I welcome HH to make a return.

We all take the loss otherwise.

Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 23rd 2009 8:31 pm
Im steping back a bit here.... all i said was.......if your going to get your rig painted go to a guy who has experience painting vans and then i gave some basic technical reasons why...and only so the guyz who dont know paint might be able to pick up on a few of its weaknesses..........i have no idea why dreamweaver came in and took the thread in this direction........

Between me and you..mutual respect...besides... your another airbrusher that gives us comon ground.....im more interested in getting to know you then rattling horns

I dont like to argue with other painters but i love a good technical debate....and good shop talk......so if your intersted and for the sake of the others........lets talk paint.

Im just an old van painter that specialized in painting vans for 15 years exclusivly......im over 1500 vans with 4 conversion companies spanning from 1972 till 1983..I to have arena winning paint..come on its not that hard to find trophies out there...its easy to write an article and get published.......as far as being recognized by the industry.....come on ..thats about as useful as an online diploma...no one realy cares about icons....they want nice quality paint ...done right.....and let me say....there is a lot of abuse out there.......a lot of it.....people are cutting corners big time and you cant do that with these new paint systems

Not everyone who airbrushes or paints can pull off a real top notch van paint job......im saying be careful.....find an experienced shop.

The Nats would be ab awesome place to show off some nice van art.........ive got the shell already picked out.

So Dreamweaver..you blowing in and out or you have time to talk paint????

my last piece about 4 months ago......i now not a van but im waiting for that market to return...here is a bigger version http://www.doccybercustoms.com/minii.jpg
[Linked Image]

and some airbrush work

[Linked Image]
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 23rd 2009 10:17 pm
Well Doc sadly a higher up friend here in the forum has tied my hands to continue this.But i will say this. As far as you and i being on the same level.......sorry not even close. SO do what you do as an airbrusher , and i will do what I do as an airbrush artist. Nuff said
Posted By: Mr Truckin Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 23rd 2009 10:32 pm
???????????
Posted By: Virtual Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 23rd 2009 10:38 pm
It would be in everyone's best interest if this discussion on paint technique and preparation be discussed on an appropriate airbrush forum, by pm or email or better yet at the Nationals.
Posted By: leadfoot Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 23rd 2009 10:45 pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 23rd 2009 11:00 pm
wow.......ok.......i wont comment on your work myself....im not that way.

But look....as long as your bright light is blinding the meek like myself....i feel privlaged to even have heard from the great one.

The last time i saw an ego this big it wasnt pretty......ill see you at the nats then.

some people just take themself to seriously

guess this thread is dead

Had to go thru your site again just to see if i missed all the great work......i didnt see anything that was light years beyound even this old pic done mid 80,s.....all the basic structure of an airbrushing is in this pic just like yours.....i dunno....maybe im not seeing the right pieces.all your work looks good but not jaw dropping....like your painting it

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 23rd 2009 11:44 pm
Please note that when Guy says "Doc" in this thread, he mean's DocCyber, not me smile

And in my experience, and that includes a lot more than Vanning, ( My Ex - wife's maiden name was Murray - Bateman, sound familiar ? ), true artistic genius. comes with just a little bit of baggage, and a heck of a lot of ego !

And therein , lives the talent..... smile

And that we can live with....................

Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 12:50 am
Yea wished you guyz just called me Cyber......everyone else does..

I learned a long time ago the people who buy your art define your abilities and your success.....we are all fighting the same fight.....its totaly pointless to spend time besting others.....its how humans chase there tails.

Ego is feed to the point of devouring its own host. Its not a good allie
Posted By: Snotty Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 2:17 am
WOW smile I cant wait til the Nats! angel
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 11:06 am
Cyber, did I read it right? You have painted 1500 vans? Would love to see some pics of some of them.

That is a lot of vans. I'm sure I would know some of them and others here would too.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 3:12 pm
Ken....most of those where for commercial van conversion companies......i was the resident custom painter for Braggin wagon...Custom craft vans in Daytona... Daytona coach works and Bruce Rossmier Dodge......none of those where show quality they where just the average stripes and murals you would find on a commercial conversion.....at the time it was a paycheck and a good one......so racking up those kinds of numbers where easy.....but what that job lacked in high end paint it excelled in many differnt combinations of colors tape work..and..it trained me to walk the entire length of a van in a side step that is critical in laying down sensative candy top coats flakes pearls and metalics....what those jobs lacked in jaw dropping paint it made up for in just the volume of paint i had to spray every day.......Ive shot hundreds of gallons of paint on vans.hundreds.

The reason im not showing any of these old pics is because i lost all my portfolios in a shop fire back in 82 when i lived in New Symerna Beach Florida and got caught up in a forest fire that burned my shop and house to the ground.......i lose everything except my van which is what i escaped with in the night with the cloths on my back.......i have some few pics that made it past the fire...those my mom had my brothers....but i lost everything in that fire including a nice chopper......but lets not forget the van conversion companies where pumping out hunderds of vans in the 70,s........some of us where pumping vans out as fast as tee-shirt artist where pumping out shirts at flea markets.

All that experience paid off big when i quite doing commercial vans for show vans...that was when i managed Custom Craft vans in Daytona......we did some high end customs that where awesome........I have no doubt youve seen some of my work.your in Jersey......i had work in Madison Square garden every year from 1974 to 79 at the World of Wheels car show and then from 85 90 when i moved back to New England.

There are hundreds of vans out there that never made it to the nationals never made headlines in magazines.......we only saw realy a handfull of of a handfull of vans that made it to print.

you know when you walk into a van conversion company every day and your surrounded by vans of all types in variouse stages of completeion and then you walk into a custom paint shop that does nothing but paint vans and your in this enviroment long enough you get pickled in vans......thats what happened to me.

did my ego race me to the top of the heap pounding my chest ...look at me.....no........i was happy to just wake up every morning to the van world and work in that enviroment.

Im a van painter with thousands of hours on the job ..hundreds of completed vans.....i dont have any old pics to prove that but i will say this.........you will....im back......and i plan on making a big splash when i hit the van scene again.

Maybe Dreamweaver will show up so he can show us how to airbrush a tee-shirt with his immortal airbrush skills and i can show you how to paint a van using every day mortal skills.
Posted By: leadfoot Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 3:32 pm
..........oh boy frown
Posted By: Mr Truckin Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 3:52 pm
maybe you guys can quit poking each other in the eye might be nice?
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:13 pm
I've seen some of them vans. Don't know exactly which ones you painted, but there were some nice paint jobs on some of those old 'Factory Customs' as they called them back then. There are still a few nice ones floating around the van scene.

DMC was (is) a company that did some of the last vanner inspired Custom Conversion vans. One of the few that actually used paint and not stickers.

Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:18 pm
sorry guyz..........i reached out my hand and it got bit......i didnt start this crap.....your Boy Dreamweaver did.

I dont come here to posture my greatness...i come here to fellowship with other vanners and to have some light hearted fun.share some stories maybe some experiences....i tried to move this thread along a bit with some good advice about choosing the right painter and matching the right skills for the job.......then the ambush.

this is so typical on forums today.........so ego is where talent is found..........i aint bying it..ego is where talent is never found but where a self rightouse spirit is always looking for another victom
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:18 pm
Back on topic without taking sides to the paint slinging rofl

Guy asked me to post some pictures of his paint work for new site visitors to see.

Emerald City

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: leadfoot Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:21 pm
hmmmm doesn't look like a T-shirt to me
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:21 pm
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Never Ending Story
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

This is one side of his van
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:23 pm
More NES
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Guy's tire cover
[Linked Image]

Some skulls
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:26 pm
One of my favorite paintings, what can i say she is SMOKIN!
[Linked Image]

And some more of his work
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Native Son Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:28 pm
Wow, I'm impressed, wish I could do that!

We are all friends here and sometimes we step off on the wrong foot, here is too hoping we can start over and respect each others talents, experiances and differances.

my Elders allways told me, that by killing my ego I would become all I was meant too be.

There is much wisdom in his words and every day I must be aware of what my ego is doing, we strive to kill our egos so that we are not side tracked by the selfishness our ego creates in order to thrive.

Just my 2 cents and passing on some old words from an old Native a long time ago.

Respectfully,
Jess Red Horse.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:42 pm
Dreamweaver does nice work.......but its what he is supposed to be doing..there are dozens of us out there doing this same stuff.......no one has a lock on this talent.if you have been doing this stuff long enough you can pull off any one of these pics........its what we do.

if he thinks he is better then the rest of us and wont even give us the time of day............he is his own illusion.

you guyz have taken normal fancy picture painting and put it on a pedastil. And a trained eye can see the tee-shirt connection.

im done.
Posted By: Mr Truckin Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:52 pm
oh well
Posted By: leadfoot Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:52 pm
i never seen her on a t-shirt before...
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 4:58 pm
I did not post these pictures to stir the pot more. He just asked me to post some pictures of his work. Many of us have seen some of these paintings and vans in person and feel it is incredible work.

I for one look forward to seeing your work on that sweet chopped Mid you picked up.

On a side note, I'm not an artist, but I'm sure the T-Shirt comment is a pretty insulting comment.
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 5:02 pm
Originally posted by DocCyber:

I dont come here to posture my greatness...i come here to fellowship with other vanners and to have some light hearted fun.

Im gonna have side with you on this one Doc, I dont know either of you and what you have accomplished (well I think we all know now what Dreamweaver as accomplished) as he stated with exasperation.

Its great to have a talent and I do beleive myself to have a few artistic bones in my body. But If I do choose to tell people what I have done, I would never smash it down their throats with clout just because they have a differnt perspective. I know Guy has a lot of friends here but and most will side with him but I really dont think it nessesary to get all hyped up over whos style or techniques are better.

Anyways, I just wish people would just keep thy crankeness to thy self, I think I speak for a lot of folks when I say: We've got too much other shit to worry about in this world.

Sorry But I felt I really needed to say something being that I was the one that started this thread. Dont really care if I stepped on anyones toes on this one.

JMHO and all that jazz...
Posted By: Ghetto Rat Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 5:10 pm
Damn, This cabin fever is killing everybody.
Posted By: Beast_Lee Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 5:37 pm
Wow... I'm exhausted after reading all that crap...

I too am an Airbrusher, as well as Pinstriper, and Engraver... I'm self taught, so I have no taught restrictions as to what I can & cannot do, nothing to limit my creativity... I've met many people with huge egos, I just simply avoid them, I have no time for it... If you think you're the best, wake up, you're not...

It's like back in the day, the local Hot Shot thinks he has the fastest car, there is always someone faster... Period...

Some of the best painters, kustom van builders, hot rodders, bike builders, etc., are the ones that no one has ever heard of...

I'm not picking side here, there's no point... I'm not even sure how much of this even involved "ego"... I enjoy seeing what others create, some I like, some I don't like... It's a matter of personal taste...

To each his own...

Posted By: luna Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 6:02 pm
Ask two chefs to cook the exact same meal. One may be doing it in a family restuarant, The other at a banquet for the Queen of Sheeba.

You will get two totally different outcomes, but both worth eating and enjoying, and actually raving about.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 6:34 pm
I thought that having something in common with another painter would evoke conversation.....i dont care for all the drama.

Paint is a big part of vannin.......airbrushing is a big part of vannin...some of us have spent our entire lives surrounded by it.

If you like Dreamweavers art you buy it...because you buy it doesnt mean its the best....its just a service we painters provide to those who cant do it.its not rocket science.

Im a bit tired of butting heads with some of these pros........its not part of the lifestyle and has no place in vannin...........

but i do know if i came here and posted what he posted id be run out of town..thats starting to seem more obviouse then ever.......am i seeing a van click that hides behind the scenes here........i thought you guyz where 2% vanners.
Posted By: vanatic05 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 6:51 pm
I think you are both talented in your own way and that's what makes it "art" as you try to invision the hours of creativity involved with each piece.. some maybe laid out by the customer with strict detail to the original and some are created on the sole of the artist and I'm sure both have done the 2 types. So lets put away the differences and just be glad that we have two or more very talanted artists on this forum and I for one am glad to have you both here as well as all the others. and this doesn't go for just paint I think each of us are an artist in our own way from paint, body work, engines..taking pictures or like Boot and his tatoos..hats off to everyone and what you bring to the forums.
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 6:54 pm
Ok out of the studio for a bit.
First off Cyber , i re-read all my posts and there is no reference to me being the best. If i did i would be very naive and Illusional as you put it. So that is out of the way. Funy how many here take things and twist it out of context , but such is the way when you type your feelings and can not say it face to face. Are there different levels in art , oh hell yes , if you think we are all the same that is wrong on your part. I have stod and had the honor of meeting many artist , airbrush artist , much better then me. And I know and and give them their dues and accolades. So if you wish to go head to head now is the time , because of my work load , I do not have time to pander to every little whim of everybody that thinks we are all the same.
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:10 pm
WHile we are all waiting with bated breath here, I would like to direct everyone reading this post to go back to the beginning of what started this. In the original post i disagreed with certain aspects of his posting, such as painting time windows , and re-clearing over murals. The response was a run down of his achievements and everything that he has done, suffice it to say i responded with stating my own achievements so that we both knew our own credentials. In other words not dealing with another that knew nothing trying to be something he is not. ...................Now sadly.and this is true, to say that just because you can pick up an airbrush and paint clouds , all of a sudden all of us are on the same level , no.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:18 pm
Im not looking for a head to head..but at the same time..we give each other the respect and the time of day....at least i do.

maybe i read your post wrong but it was obviouse your leaning a little heavy on the acalades/trophies and awards..and was abit heavy handed with past pat on the backs..as far as differnt levels of art.if your good enough and experienced enough you can change levels when ya need to.....i dont believe in the best awards..or better then anyone awards.cause where all differnt.......its lifestyle for me........waking up and loving what i do.....sharing that with others who are doing the same thing.....i know who the ego driven untouchables are out there in this business and i know the guyz who are just as good without the egos and expanded brain craniums.

If pin-ups are your bag...cooool.

if photorealism is your bag...coool

if surealism is your bag cool..abstract.....cool.coool..coool

but as painters........all we do is service the industry with what it wants.......if your good you will do it right if your not....you wont be in business for to long..im going past 40 years in the business.......im living the lifestyle.......yet i dont have one how-to-video..only been in a few mags.....and am virtual a no body outside my own home town.......i like it that way.....well meet eventualy .

then it can get real.......
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:21 pm
One thing to clarify you are a painter i am not so if you want to talk respect get it right
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:24 pm
And how to videos do not make an artist. Just a way to make cash for some, even you know that , or should.

As far as being heavy handed with the accolades , my friend you started that with 1500 vans and all these shops and i did this and i did that, just so we are clear.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:26 pm
see thats where we differ.........if you have had an airbrush in your hand long enough there isnt anything you cant do with it..and if you practise enough all things are attainable....this isnt rocket science..although its a chemical jungle.....but look i doubt there is anything you can do over me and vice versa....weve been at it to long..and if you think you found the holy grail of airbrushing and have some how elevated yourself above the rest.thats an illusion.

some times the airbrush paints funky clouds...some times it doesnt......we control what it does......all i ever said was ive painted enough vans to know what im doing......i certainly havnt thrown any real accomplishments out there...and i have quite a few...but its irrelivant.

and the stuff i cautioned the rest of the board with...scratches swelling.....windows...all real problems with a big job.
Posted By: NateB Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:27 pm
DocCyber...did you ever work for Elk Conversions?
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:30 pm
Well Cyber this is how it goes.
If i am living an Illusion then there are many out there who surpace me by a LONG shot and are living that Illusion. As far as finding things that elevate airbrushing to a new level , yes i found many.
As far as doing things that top you , who is Illusional now?

I at least admit when one is better then me and shake his hand. You can do no wrong
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:34 pm
As far as the pat on the back , I earned those accolades and it makes me strive to even higher goals and better art. As far as living the lifestyle my friend. My life and health have taken a shit kicking for my work , and several wifes. I wake in the morning anxious to create , anxious to be the best at what i do, even lost a year of my life burning out.
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:36 pm
Now this debate can go on and on. But unlike yourself i have clients waiting for their work , SO back to the studio
Posted By: NateB Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:37 pm
Guy..I sent you a PM.
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:42 pm
so you dont like to be called a painter.....thats fine.

your an airbrush guy..thats cool.

I do both because i love candy apple paint..flake and pearls....i just love to shoot them...and i also love throwing real nice airbrush work on top....see in the old days....you had to learn the bodyshop trade if you wanted to airbrush.that was the only inviroment that you could learn this trade..and even then it was without any teachers...so its just natural if you wanted to airbrush in the early 70,s you had to learn how to paint
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:48 pm
i dont have clients......i paint for myself and sell my own work..have done that for years.......the last time i had anyone tell me what to paint was in the mid 80,s

when you dont have clients breathing down your neck you can realy expand your style and create better illusions..thats the freedom every artist should have..the ability to get up in the morn..take one of your projects and head to the finish line with it..........that way if i want to take a day off i can.

thanks for sharing that though..it was nice of you to stop by

hey nate.......no....never worked for them
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:55 pm
I can see from your response you and i do not have much to talk about. My clients come here and i create for them . One out of ten will show here with an idea, because of my reputation many rely on what i produce for them, and as far as taking a day off ,lol, Judy and I do that all the time. I can see you really do not know much about me or my own lifestyle or the lifestyle of the diverse group known as artist, to you we are all painters.
Posted By: vanmachineman Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 7:57 pm
This is Horrible.

I Will Pray for you Guys.
Posted By: NateB Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 8:00 pm
Doc..Okay..I was just curious.

LOL..the stripes on my '94 Dodge are painted on, not stick-on stripes. Was wondering if you may have done the job.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 8:18 pm
Is it summer yet ? angel
Posted By: leadfoot Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 8:42 pm
i like Spring time better! lmfao
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 8:51 pm
this is typical conversation amongst artist......one of the reasons why i never cared to much about the ....art scene...i just chose to work and let all the posturing amongst the battling artist battle amongst themself.

I just spent time learning all the crafts so i didnt have to deal with touchy artist mechanics or upholtserers.im not a good speeller either.

Its true we dont have much to talk about........and the painter artist thing.......havnt a clue what that means but i do know that painting is a lot of fun.......airbrushing is a lot of fun.......and im all about the fun.

this is painting and doing flames

[Linked Image]

this is airbrushing....its all just a lot of fun...this 55 chev was from a small company called Anhieser bush....ya might have heard of em........this car won all there was to win way back in the day.......and the last job i was asked to paint......this image is from a 1896 poster that they had me color and duplicate exactly how the poster looked except for the aluminum beer can.......they asked for that

[Linked Image]

here is an early painting all done with lacquers....a bit sureal but a style i like

[Linked Image]

and a good thought

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mr Truckin Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 9:00 pm
love flames
Posted By: RhoeJaqueSwiftt Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 9:19 pm
Ok guys, Thanks to our friend Rollie, I have made my decision on the Artist that I want to paint my Van. Mr. John Torma of Ashtabula, Ohio.

Mr. Torma and I have been going over some cool ideas for my Van over the last few months. All I know is that I cannot wait for this spring!!!

Here is an article of John for those how may not of heard of him.
John Torma

I LOVE the fact that he's old skool doesnt do any designs on compters doesnt use faxes all done by hand and by snail mail. He tells me that he and wife has never even owned a computer.

Well thats all for now,I dont wanna reveal anything yet (still workin on differnt things) but I will keep you all updated on the project.

Thanks again B.W. for introducing me to John.

Posted By: NateB Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 9:22 pm
I'd love to have some airbrushing done on my '85 Dodge after it gets painted. It won't be Root Beer brown anymore. I plan on a black enamel.
Posted By: NateB Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 9:22 pm
That's cool Rhoe..somebody local!
Posted By: DocCyber Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 9:30 pm
I like guyz like him......right era.right attitude....good find......cant wait ta see what he does
Posted By: Gloworm_Dee_Jaye Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 9:36 pm
Originally Posted by tumbleweed
Flash is still out there doing this type of work. He is in N.C. also there is a guy goes by the name of Allen Johnson, out of Blairs town N.J. also someone too look into. There are two guys that show up at the Street Rod Nationals in York Pa first weekend in June. Allen is one of them. I will post more later on this weekend.

Tumbleweed
Nova Vans
Free Spirit
novavans.webs.com

I always wondered what happened to flash. He did Summer Heat for us one year.
Posted By: BvrWally Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 24th 2009 9:43 pm
Rhoe.......Thanks for posting that article on John! You certainly have a great guy in your search for an Artist! I personally have known of his talents for over 35 years now and can say he is a very fine guy!!! Very modest I might add. smile You will not be disappointed!
B.W.
Posted By: Denim Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 3:05 am
Whew!!! I just read this whole thing and all I can say is that while I can appreciate all kinds of talent, I've spent hours with Guy finding out about his accomplishments. (And let me make this clear. I was asking him, he wasn't blowing his own horn.) Those that know Guy knows he is an honest caring Vanner who unfortunately feels backed into a corner on occasion in this forum. Yes, he comes on strong at times, but he's passionate about his love of art. And, oh yes, if you want to see his work "in the flesh" so to speak, it's regularly displayed at van-ins in the Northeast and the Nats. And my van is in his shop now. I can't wait for the season to start....can you? yay
Posted By: quiet1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 4:11 am
What a disappointment! I have seen enough.
later.
Posted By: on the road Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 5:09 am
Whew...that was entertaining!

Guy-love ya, my friend, looking forward to seeing you this summer!

Doc Cyber-We may have met along the way back in the day-looking forward to meeting you this summer- my field of expertise is cocktail hour and fun at a run!
Posted By: WillyC Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 6:46 am
Only one way to settle this-Ken, its time to put your van up for a canvas again...each one take a side!
Posted By: vanticipation Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 10:30 am
hey just to have fun, i used to be a custom car metal finisher and I can chrome,and powder-coat better than anyone. who wants to fight.
"it's a joke",I don't want to fight,"I want to make love".
IN THE BACK OF A AIRBRUSHED VAN... rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: NateB Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 10:59 am
my van is in his shop now. I can't wait for the season to start....can you?

Wow Bob! Can't wait to see the finished product. That's gonna take a lot of paint for your van buddy! lol
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 11:06 am
Originally Posted by WillyC
Only one way to settle this-Ken, its time to put your van up for a canvas again...each one take a side!

I'll be parked on vendors row at the Nats right near the bathrooms!
Posted By: DreamWeaver1 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 1:51 pm
Judy is so going to be upset with me of well lol.

Hey Will nice to hear from you , hope the studie's are going well. And of all people Will you know i never work on site, never have ,never will, you can not produce good work on site.

Funny i was showing the postings to Judy, ( oh Will Judy says HI and Hugs)and we both where laughing. She pointed something out to me that I missed.

Cyber you actually did me a favor and,made my day. You know you say ,that you stayed away from the artsy types because they fight and are chest beaters, lol I guess since you have not been around any you would not know how artists always help each other
.right Willy. As far as personal character , Judy and I are two of the most easy going and friendly people you will ever meet. Insult my wife or my art , then i will get nuclear on your ass.

Lol.When she saw the t-shirt art comment , she wanted to climb through the screen and throttle you. But again thank you Cyber for making me laugh out loud with my wife, you just proved to me why i do not hang with people like you , my circle is higher up on the list. By the way keep an Eye On Willy there, that young man has talent , and he will come up fast. It was still a blast having you here and painting with you buddy. Again thanks for the laugh Cyber , i will leave you to you and yours now
Posted By: kevin nh Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 2:06 pm
Originally Posted by DocCyber
Dreamweaver does nice work.......but its what he is supposed to be doing..there are dozens of us out there doing this same stuff.......no one has a lock on this talent.if you have been doing this stuff long enough you can pull off any one of these pics........its what we do.

if he thinks he is better then the rest of us and wont even give us the time of day............he is his own illusion.

you guyz have taken normal fancy picture painting and put it on a pedastil. And a trained eye can see the tee-shirt connection.

Is this guy for real????????????, one too many Docs on this site!!!!!!

im done.

Is this guy for real????????????, one too many Docs on this site!!!!!!
Posted By: SFS60 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 2:23 pm
i think the moderators need to put a stop to this thread - too many people mudslinging - taking sides - and now threat's of bodily harm !
Posted By: vanatic05 Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 2:29 pm
yeah I agree..let's stop it before someone or something is said that could escalate this to something more serious..
Posted By: Suzie-BGfNY-IN Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 2:47 pm
Mercury must be in retrograde this week! OH MY!

Luna--what are we making--we will prove your theory at Nats and then feed them till they POP! We just need to be sure and have a canvas nearby so we can see who makes a better splat!!!!!! hee hee--KIDDING--just kidding!

Anyway--let's agree to disagree--I've seen many artists work up close and personal, not sure about your Cyber--
and I know some that are very impressive. And when and if we choose to have one--or all--of our VANs done--it will be because it will be the artist that 'gets' us! Nothing to do with awards, ego or anything--if you can understand someone and transfer that to their VAN --it creates that personal emotion and that is what makes art.

I'll just add two small reminders here--
1. We are dealing with the typed word and things can get lost in that.
2. Art on a computer screen will have an entirely different impact than art in person! You both know that is true!
3. Nats in July--let's paint wrestle!!

Suzie
Posted By: Gloworm_Dee_Jaye Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 3:05 pm
jeesh-I'm with Suzie.
Posted By: Virtual Re: Any Talented Airbrushers out there? - February 25th 2009 3:39 pm
Let's end this on a positive note. Rhoe found what he was looking for near him thanks to Rollie.
It's unfortunate but arguments are rarely settled on internet forums.

As requested I am locking this post.
© Vannin' Community and Forums