Vannin' Home
Posted By: Morticia Wondering... - November 13th 2004 3:39 am
Hola! Yeah, I just joined. ANYWHO.
I have a 1986 Dodge Ram van.. 'cept it looks more like a small RV really. Yeah, it's a "Merry Miler"... Anyway, I plan to customize it this summer and before I buy anything, I need some info.
What type of Lowering bracketts/shocks should I use? The same as a Truck's ? 'Cause I wanna lower it 2" or so.
Plus, anyone wanna give me some ideas on what I should theme it after? ^_^; As soon as I get my darned scanner to work, I could show ya'll a pic or two of my Bob. ... Bob the RV... whee..
Posted By: Cyber Vanity Re: Wondering... - November 13th 2004 2:31 pm
Hey Morticia, welcome! Funny, theres a 1979-ish black hearse for sale in Kittery Maine. I stopped to look at it. Very nice shape, black, original curtains, etc. (has a real wood coffin in the back too!) eerie! The only changes that I see were made, are the addition of Cragar S/S mags.. which really gives it that 60's look! [Big Grin]
Posted By: Cyber Vanity Re: Wondering... - November 13th 2004 3:08 pm
Heres a nice hearse for ya!

https://www.vanning.com/gallery2/pages/ny97%20Scottie%27s%20Dead-slead.htm

(From the vannin'.com gallery...)
Posted By: Morticia Re: Wondering... - November 14th 2004 2:21 am
W00t! yeah, haha, I like that hearse. I've seen it before actually, off a GrimRides.com link.
You like hearses too? ^.^ I wanna theme Bob either after a hearse or something morbid of that nature. Whaddya think? Help me with some ideas! .. Well, don't get -too- expensive though XD
Posted By: Chooie Re: Wondering... - November 14th 2004 10:25 pm
Dungeon on Wheels.
Posted By: Morticia Re: Wondering... - November 15th 2004 12:29 am
Oooh. ^.^ ... That sounds good... XD
Posted By: IsraelPerez Re: Wondering... - November 15th 2004 4:03 am
if you had a hearse you could call it "Last Ride"
Posted By: Cyber Vanity Re: Wondering... - November 16th 2004 1:43 am
quote:
Originally posted by Morticia: W00t! yeah, haha, I like that hearse. I've seen it before actually, off a GrimRides.com link. You like hearses too? ^.^ I wanna theme Bob either after a hearse or something morbid of that nature. Whaddya think? Help me with some ideas! .. Well, don't get -too- expensive though XD
Morticia, I never thought of a "van" with a hearse theme. However, the more I think about it, the more I think it sounds awesome! [Smile]
Posted By: Morticia Re: Wondering... - November 16th 2004 2:00 am
*squees* LoL, oh, I finally got that blasted scanner to work.
I know, the picture is like.. way big. I can't resize it.. stupid computer..

http://www.geocities.com/werebiatch/Bob.jpg

.. yep, that's my Bob. *blinks*... Meep.
Posted By: Vanner68 Re: Wondering... - November 16th 2004 3:52 am
Back in the 80's there was a Chevy in the midwest done up like a hearse, it had a second set of cab doors mounted backwards behind the front doors, suicide style. It towed a real casket on a trailer, converted into a HUGE ice chest. Wish I had some pics of it, lost a lotta van stuff in a fire 12 yrs ago... [Frown]
Posted By: Cyber Vanity Re: Wondering... - November 16th 2004 1:17 pm
Thats got potential... I can see it metallic charcoal black or dark silver/gray. All decked out like a funeral wagon. Scary!! [Cool]
Posted By: dan Re: Wondering... - November 16th 2004 2:04 pm
There is a local body shop owner near me who owns a 77 black chevy, chopped, vinyl roof that comes down the sides and around the back, he has those chrome hearse moldings on the side, the van is so cool, really looks like a hearse.

Also has all the other goodies too, gull wing doors, molded flares, very sharp looking van, Ive known him for years, leant him magiazines, photo albums, but cant get him to take it to a truckin.
Posted By: Morticia Re: Wondering... - November 17th 2004 3:38 am
Wow, that's so cool you guys! *bounces around*
Too bad I only have 150 bucks to start with. *whines*.. I need to get a job XD
... Ahem...
Anywho, yeah, I was thinking maybe a dark red interior ( I'll take pics of the inside later cuz I have one idea for that) And YES, a nice black paintjob.. *drools*.. Hehe.
Well, before ya'll see the interior, ( Or before I take pics of it, lol), It has two beds, one on top and two seats and a table that turn into a bed. I was thinking of making that into like a couch.
And yes, I AM getting a chainlink steering wheel. Don't ask why, cuz I dunno. o_o;
Posted By: hurricane2 Re: Wondering... - November 20th 2004 4:24 pm
With the size of that thing, you could make it a "double-decker hearse"!
© Vannin' Community and Forums