Vannin' Home
Posted By: NateB Caravan in my future? - April 22nd 2008 12:22 pm
With gas prices in my area up to 3.47 and higher the shit is hitting the fan. It took almost $100 for me to fill up my GMC and it will cost more to fill the '94 Dodge. For my budget it's getting out of hand.

Me and wife have started walking in the evenings and lo and behold what did I find at the end of my block last night? About a 84-86 Caravan PANEL van. No windows except the rear gate. I'm gonna leave a note and see if the guy wants to sell it.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Caravan in my future? - April 22nd 2008 1:18 pm
Sweet, you don't see too many panels of those.
Posted By: Dodges 3 Re: Caravan in my future? - April 22nd 2008 7:25 pm
Hmm, I just saw one the other day too. But I think it was a tick newer. Maybe a 91-95. If I knew that my OT at work would be around for a while, I wouldn't bother. But it will end eventually, I think. It better, or I am going to go insane.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Caravan in my future? - April 22nd 2008 7:58 pm
Hmmmm save on gas, depending on the motor, spend more on oil lol

Well, George is a master for V-8,ing those...bring it to vanfest and awaywego grin I may have a 273 laying around smile
Posted By: NateB Re: Caravan in my future? - April 22nd 2008 8:45 pm
This one probably has a 2.2L. Leaky engines, but I got good at sealing them up. I can pull one of these engines in about an hour. No biggie. Much easier to seal up on a stand.
Posted By: Virtual Re: Caravan in my future? - April 22nd 2008 9:59 pm
How about something like this Caravan from the Walter P Chrysler Museum. I have yet to see a later model Caravan done half as nice as this in person.
[Linked Image] they definately have potential.
Posted By: NateB Re: Caravan in my future? - April 23rd 2008 1:18 am
Well I went and looked at that '85 Caravan. Ooooo what a turd. Step away from the turd!
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Caravan in my future? - April 23rd 2008 2:08 am
Turds are worth at least fertilizer lol How much ??
Posted By: dan Re: Caravan in my future? - April 23rd 2008 3:28 am
Nice caravan Virtual
Posted By: streetvan1 Re: Caravan in my future? - April 23rd 2008 5:26 am
I've had mine for about 6 weeks, and I love it The gas mileage is excellent, it's comfortable, and the turbo setup on mine makes it keep up with a 5.0 mustang. Of course, with anything that old, you need to have a verrry close look at it before dropping any serious cash. But if the body is nice, and you can do your own repair work, the parts are DIRT cheap to fix everything else.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: Caravan in my future? - April 23rd 2008 9:21 am
That is sweet Virtual. One of the nicest I've seen.
Posted By: NateB Re: Caravan in my future? - April 23rd 2008 9:55 am
How much ??

I didn't ask, but just by looking over the entire thing, it's more than what I want to get into eventhough it is a panel. The body was in really bad shape..I could see lots of bondo.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Caravan in my future? - April 23rd 2008 12:17 pm
Must have been a TMW with bondo on the glass i guess lol
Posted By: NateB Re: Caravan in my future? - April 23rd 2008 12:28 pm
The entire liftgate was rotted out around the rear window.
Posted By: streetvan1 Re: Caravan in my future? - April 24th 2008 7:01 pm
Didja get it? Got pics?
Posted By: NateB Re: Caravan in my future? - April 24th 2008 7:07 pm
Naw..too much to get into right now. I have an A-108 Dodge I need to get started on too.
Posted By: Doc 2% of Canada, EH!!!! Re: Caravan in my future? - April 24th 2008 7:38 pm
Trailer pssibility's ??????
Posted By: kansasvanner Re: Caravan in my future? - April 26th 2008 5:19 pm
well my 2005 caravan has been good for us
so far drives great took it on a long trip to oklahmoa
did good
© Vannin' Community and Forums