Vannin' Home
Posted By: 89lxstanger my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 2:00 am
i have had the van for around 3 years and seemed for a while id never get to start on it it was always one delay after the other done to many things for other people damn my love of money... plans have changed along the lines as well i have tried to put ALOT of thought into what ill be doing with it since i will put thousands of miles on it each year once its done.
im setting a somewhat realistic goal for 5ish years now that i have started
originally i wanted to go all out and use corvette suspensions and wild things, but decided to go more conservative,
it will end up with a home built frame using a 98 ford ranger front suspension air bag suspension and bigger brakes etc etc
motor was gonna be a all aluminum 32v 4.6 v8 from a lincoln mark 8 but with prices of fuel going up i am leaning towards a turbo 4cyl
here are some pics for ya
sadly this is where and how it sat for the last two years
[Linked Image]

3 years of ownership and it finally got into the garage and it starts
[Linked Image]

interior gutted motor trans out doors off start the paint stripping
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 2:04 am
surprises lol
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
the amount of dents and rust filled with bondo blows me away let me tell you

sitting on the 18s
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 2:14 am
sat way to high and im hoping it makes it to vanfest this year as a rolling shell so i made some changes to the suspension
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and pretty well how it will look at vanfest
[Linked Image]

and for laughs the personalized plates i got for it
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 2:22 am
im in need of side barn doors and driver and passenger doors if anyone has a line on rust free stuff im interested thanks
Posted By: draggnastro Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 5:28 am
looks like alot of good progress! Not a big fan of the tag though.
Posted By: radicalran Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 8:36 am
Yeah, lots of good work there but a long way to go. I like the way it sits. Good luck with the parts search. Hopefully someone can help.

Posted By: Wizard78 Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 11:05 am
Love those Falcons
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 2:23 pm
the plates are strictly for laughs if you cant laugh at that you must not have a sense of humor lol

as for the parts im sure someone out there in the southern states has a handle on some parts, if not i can fix them but id rather start with good stuff than spend hours upon hours to make what i have into good parts, ill have enough hours into this thing as it is,
after vanfest some big steps will be taken but ill wait to post pics of that and explain the process then

Posted By: lukester Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 3:31 pm
Sounds like you got a good plan.Its gonna be a nice ride when your done.
I got to agree I don't like the plate.As a vanner I just don't want to add to our negative stereo types that a lot of society has given us & vans.
Posted By: draggnastro Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 3:52 pm
Originally Posted by 89lxstanger
the plates are strictly for laughs if you cant laugh at that you must not have a sense of humor lol

as for the parts im sure someone out there in the southern states has a handle on some parts, if not i can fix them but id rather start with good stuff than spend hours upon hours to make what i have into good parts, ill have enough hours into this thing as it is,
after vanfest some big steps will be taken but ill wait to post pics of that and explain the process then

No, i get the joke. Didnt mean to sound harsh, Most non-vanners would probably take that the wrong way or think its "creepy". Either way, love the van! Hope to see it on the road one day!
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 6:43 pm
one day it will be on the road but not for a while damn real life always getting in the way, but i will slowly plug away at the old girl

there is a betting pool between my friends going to see how long the plates actually last on the van once its on the road before i have them taken away.. as for what other people driving down the road may think i truly dont care im not building this for them... plus mine is full of winders
Posted By: radicalran Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 9:18 pm
For those of us living under a rock inside a cave, what is the meaning of the plate?
Posted By: River_Rat Re: my early ford falcon - May 20th 2012 10:36 pm
I had one at one time that had a 4 speed on the colum. Did yours have that?
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: my early ford falcon - May 21st 2012 3:47 am
plate means free candy

no mine was a 3 on the tree, i have heard of one other 4 on the tree tho super rare apparently
Posted By: radicalran Re: my early ford falcon - May 21st 2012 7:11 am
I see... Takes us old guys a while...
Posted By: al55 Re: my early ford falcon - May 21st 2012 3:28 pm
Good luck with the rebuild of the van it sure is great to see some one looking after an early, keep the pics coming,thanks for posting.
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: my early ford falcon - May 22nd 2012 2:59 pm
its got nothing to do with bein old im 30 and it takes a while hahaaha

al55 the pics wont stop
Posted By: 89lxstanger Re: my early ford falcon - June 21st 2012 3:20 pm
well the pouring rain detered me from bringing out the van in bare steel and i have been a bit to busy to do much on it the past few weeks but its gonna be epoxy primered shortly
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: my early ford falcon - June 21st 2012 4:06 pm
Cool can't wait to see it.
© Vannin' Community and Forums