Vannin' Home
Posted By: c1run1 My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 2:15 am
I aways wanted a chevy van with hot rod flames ... Maybe i'll tinker with this one and see how far i get .

I spent 6 hours in my truck today to pick this one up lol
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: lostinthe70eees Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 2:18 am
Congrats and Happy Holiday's!
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 2:18 am
Nice find. . . . what are the plans?
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 2:28 am
chop it , chop it lol
Posted By: lukester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 4:25 am
Very cool...

congrats on the new van.
Posted By: vanfun Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 4:35 am
This is why when I called I was given the "sorry its sold" speach.But I am ok with it since I see you have a few less than you can handle any way!! Congrats and I am going to finish my "project" before going into another!! lol
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 5:00 am
Congrats. Nice score. What are your plans for it? You better go buy another Chevy.....that one Chevy is going to feel out of place with all of the Dodges at your place!!!!
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 7:11 am
Sweet chevy.
Posted By: I_am_new Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 7:39 am
Originally Posted by GhostRyder
chop it , chop it lol
yeah
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 12:44 pm
Thanks Guys !
My plans are simple , just fix a few things and cruse it around town .
No chopping of this van , i still have lots of work to do on the other . When i want a break from welding i'll tinker with this one .
And Older Vans are hard to find around where i live . I feel it's my civic duty to to promote vannin to the community . ...
grin haha
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 12:56 pm
Congrats and you promote it very well.I like it.
Posted By: nautic1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 1:57 pm
Congrats and nice save.
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 2:05 pm
Congrats....very cool ! bow
Posted By: Galaxy Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 2:38 pm
Congratulations buddy! best Christmas present ever! grin
So happy to see this van is going to be saved. Now I understand why you grabbed that Chevy gull wing door...
Posted By: reenasrockman Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 3:06 pm
Great Idea
Posted By: yogreasygramma Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 7:58 pm
Older Vans are hard to find around where i live . I feel it's my civic duty to to promote vannin to the community . ...

LOL. Right on, Joe! Nice score!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 8:01 pm
well i spent the most of the day going over the van , it had a round vent in the foof witch was busted so i had to make a temp lid to keep the water / rain out . Thank god we had chines food the other day ..lol .
The rain gutter seam seal was pealing and crumbling so i chipped it out and re sealed it .
It needs some TLC but it's got tons of potential . I hit some of the surface rust with ah DA and then coated it with rust mort . I'll hit thse spots sunday with cheap paint to keep it sealed for winter .
Anyway here are some photos i took today one of the better ones is this van was at the Third Nationals .

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: heavy389 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 8:30 pm
Guess this is why the new garage needed..... rofl

great score man! not crazy bout da "Bull' but...dats me grin

So when ya startin the "Save The Vans" shows on History channel? shift
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 11:47 pm
that interior is sweet . what does it say on the drivers side wall , " something rest "? lol i have some of those speaker covers to , from sparkomatic speakers lol
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 11:51 pm
Very Sweet
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 24th 2011 11:59 pm
I like the layout of the interior... smile
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 25th 2011 2:23 am
that interior is sweet . what does it say on the drivers side wall , " something rest "? lol i have some of those speaker covers to , from sparkomatic speakers lol

Hey Ghost ,
It says " Head Rest " it was a line of vans built after market and sold in the chevy dealers pretty much like a conversion van .
I'm just finding out that these vans have somme collectible interest .
can any one conferm that ?
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 25th 2011 2:50 am
I did a quick search and found this ?

[Linked Image]
Chevrolet : G20 Head Rest 1978 Chevrolet Head Rest Conversion Van Cool Man!!

End Time: 5/8/2011 06:32
Sold Price: $9,000
Bids 8
Seller:
For Sale By: Private seller

Specification

Year: 1978 VehicleTitle:
Make: Chevrolet Standard Equipment:
Model: G20 Optional Equipment:
SubModel: Head Rest Exterior Color: Silver
Series: Interior Color:
VIN: CGL258U209169 Engine: 8 - Cyl.
Mileage: 67860 Fuel Type: Gasoline
Transmission: Automatic Body Type: Minivan/Van
Condition:
Drive Train:

Description

Check This out! Here is a 1978 Chevrolet G20 Head Rest Conversion Van. This cool van has approximately 2000 miles on a complete restoration. The van was rust proofed when new so it was an excellent solid bodied van to begin with. The correct #'s matching 350 V-8 was rebuilt along with the transmission. When the van was restored a small refrigerator and microwave was added inside of the cupboards and a water hook up was added with an electric water pump for the sink. It does not have any holding tanks. An inverter was added also The rear bench seat folds into a bed and the 3 captains chairs swivel. The tires were also replaced when the restoration was done. It has functional side pipe exhaust that sounds great! The paint job is base coat clear coat and is nicer than it was when new. It has all of the 70's Conversion Van amenities like fiberglass wheel flares and front spoiler, windshield visor, rear roof spoiler, roof vent, shag carpet, Super Sun tachomter, CB radio, and lots of wood on the inside. The captains chairs were reupholstered in a Red/Maroon tweed. The original finned aluminum wheels are in good condition. All in all you will have a hard time finding a nicer slice of automotive history. So for those of you that lived in the 70's , here's your chance to relive it all again for the first time. I am lisiting this for a friend but can answe
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 25th 2011 3:20 am
thats cool , and that other van is sweet , id love to own it .
Posted By: reenasrockman Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 25th 2011 1:52 pm
Looks and sounds SWEET
Posted By: draggnastro Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 26th 2011 4:38 am
i love that interior!
Posted By: VanVida_Israel Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 26th 2011 8:58 am
Cool find...anything old I find is badly rusted.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 26th 2011 2:08 pm
Very cool
Posted By: steeve Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 26th 2011 5:24 pm
nice Van !!!!
Posted By: I_am_new Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 26th 2011 7:16 pm
Originally Posted by VanVida_Israel
Cool find...anything old I find is badly rusted.

yeah
Posted By: lukester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 27th 2011 3:21 am
Looks like a real sweet survivor...
Posted By: Galaxy Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 27th 2011 6:16 pm
Yeah I really like the classic styling of that interior. Are you planning on saving and refurbishing the interior?
Posted By: wookee Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 28th 2011 4:25 pm
Neat old "factory custom" van.
Like the "Conversion Vans" of today you could buy these Vans fully done right off the dealer lot with a full factory warranty...

Head Rest and Hop Cap put out some of the better looking Vans IMO....

Nice to see you add a Chevy to your fleet.....

.....Wookee
Posted By: NateB Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 28th 2011 9:08 pm
Congrats Joe..good looking Chevy!
Posted By: SHAGGON_VAGGON Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 28th 2011 10:53 pm
Nice find!!!love that interior...take it your a taurus,, lol
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - December 29th 2011 1:03 am
Thanks Guys ,
yeah it dose have a nice interior . I'll just clean it up better and touch up the staining and re do some of the wood .
I have to get it running right first .
And No i'm not a Taurus , that will be going bye bye soon ..lol
Posted By: summerof76 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 04th 2012 6:35 pm
That thing is pretty awesome!!!
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 04th 2012 7:21 pm
Sweet save joe! Love it... Funny i crossed over to dodge and joes crossed over to chevy whats next haha
Posted By: Galaxy Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 04th 2012 9:16 pm
Originally Posted by XTReME_LiMiTzZ
Sweet save joe! Love it... Funny i crossed over to dodge and joes crossed over to chevy whats next

Charlie buys a ford??? rofl
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 04th 2012 10:26 pm
Sweet save joe! Love it... Funny i crossed over to dodge and joes crossed over to chevy whats next haha

Hahaha Guys ,
Hey thanks for the comments everyone but for this one i have a very specail chevy in storage that most of you don't know about .

I got it running alot better over the last weekend , it has an oil leak i hope it's not anything to major it's comming from the front of the oil pan . Worst case would be the balencer seal .
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 04th 2012 11:16 pm
You have another,get out!
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 05th 2012 7:11 am
lol 2 chevys?? Oh you know now we all wanna see the other....
Posted By: yogreasygramma Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 05th 2012 12:36 pm

I hear Joe's been known to hide mid Fords on his property too. smile
Posted By: Superbeast Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 12th 2012 7:53 pm
Well, this explains the gullwing you bought lol

Looks like a nice save. Good luck with it.
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 22nd 2012 2:54 am
Well Thanks To Munz The chevy has a passenger side window .
I installed i the other day , came out perfict .!
Thanks Munz !!! your the best !
Posted By: Twisted Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 22nd 2012 4:46 am
Sweeeet! This van was right around the corner from where my wizard van spent its whole life.
Posted By: 93GMC Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 22nd 2012 3:00 pm
Great find!! that interior rocks!
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - February 27th 2012 10:03 pm
I spent some time braking it down for paint . I pulled the bumpers , grill, lader rack ,and mirrors .
I discovered that the rear doors where in very bad shape on the inside . So i'm looking for rear doors now just right before paint ! ahhhh.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Later this week i'll pull the all wheels off then remove the flares . And then the Visor
Posted By: XTReME_LiMiTzZ Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - February 27th 2012 10:43 pm
i got rear doors!! lol
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - February 28th 2012 12:22 am
i got rear doors!! lol

awesome life savor !
Posted By: Superbeast Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - March 01st 2012 5:52 pm
Originally Posted by c1run1
i got rear doors!! lol

awesome life savor !

Coulda used this info on Saturday! lol
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - March 20th 2012 10:58 pm
well i been working on the chevy on and off to get it ready for paint . One of the things i wanted to do was remove the tear drop port holes mostly because they where facing backwards.
At any rate to close them up right i would have to gut the interior and weld them up slowly . Not wanting to remover the interior i decided to try the 3M panel bonding stuff . I figured how hard can it be?
well i was a little frazeld i had a hard time getting the self tapers in mostly because of the 1/4 inch drive tool i had was not the best .
It proved to be more stressfull then i had expected.

[Linked Image]

My numatic flanger crapped out on me so i ha to do it by hand .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

here's the panel screwed in i'm not overly happy with it .

[Linked Image]

the drivers side i flanged the body the pasenger side i flanged the panel and stuck it on the inside . I should have done that to the driver's side as it has some high spots . if i can't fix it i'll remove it and start over .

Here's the pasenger side ..

[Linked Image]

Posted By: River_Rat Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - March 20th 2012 11:24 pm
I see you got the extender on to. What are you gona do with those tear drops?
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - March 20th 2012 11:33 pm
Originally Posted by riverratcustomz
I see you got the extender on to. What are you gona do with those tear drops?

yes i did i put it on today it seams to be working out ok , i have to see if i can get the door ajusted up more or see it thats where it will have to live . I still have to push up on the back to close it but not as much as i used to .

As for the trear drops i'm going to clean them up and sell them later .

A little more cleaned up , i wont grind the screws out till after 24 hours .

[Linked Image]
Posted By: River_Rat Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - March 20th 2012 11:50 pm
Cool. Glad it worked. Let me know what you want for those teardrops when you get ready to sell them.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - March 21st 2012 12:47 am
Looks good
Posted By: lukester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - March 21st 2012 1:44 am
Looking good.
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 08th 2012 8:31 pm
well a little update being the picky person that I am I'm redoing the ports .
I started by removing the bonding ajent the clean off the serfaces really good.
I welded up the pannel solid ground it smooth and filled it with water prof fiber filler . Looks and feels 100 times better !!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'm doing the other side the same way so if i keep it or sell it it will be done right !
thanks have a great day : )
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 08th 2012 9:26 pm
Looking Good
Posted By: 86ed Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 09th 2012 2:18 am
i also thought it did look a little goofy with the way the port holes were installed. i have no welding knowledge but looks like you did a good job. i notice some of you guys got multiple builds goin on at once, my hats off to you guys.
Posted By: Superbeast Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 09th 2012 12:06 pm
Looks much better Joe! And a hole is gone lol
Posted By: wookee Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 09th 2012 3:42 pm
At least you know with it welded solid that repair will DEFIANTLY last for years.....

.......Wookee
Posted By: Galaxy Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 10th 2012 9:04 pm
yeah I could tell you weren't happy with the result and would be doing it over. grin
Nice job on the repair, looks solid now!
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 11th 2012 9:50 pm
Thanks Fella's I just want to get it done right .
Posted By: heavy389 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 11th 2012 10:00 pm
It do look better in weld grin How hard was the panel bondin stuff to get it off joe? I was told buy a guy ya better have it rite cause you'll need a jack hammer to get it off!! Now was that the 2 part,double caulk gun tube lookin stuff? $80-$90 a tube,and gun cost $125....????
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 11th 2012 11:16 pm
Originally Posted by heavy389
It do look better in weld grin How hard was the panel bondin stuff to get it off joe? I was told buy a guy ya better have it rite cause you'll need a jack hammer to get it off!! Now was that the 2 part,double caulk gun tube lookin stuff? $80-$90 a tube,and gun cost $125....????

Heavy I used a heat gun after i grinded it way from the out side and used a thin scraper to get under it . After that i worked a forked screw driver handle tool to work it apart, Keeping the heat gun in fornt of where i was working .
It came off nice and steady . And yes it was the epoxy mix double caulk gun .
I bought the 3M bonding agent from a body shop supply it was 40.00 , so thanks for reminding me i wasted 40.00 bucks .. LOL
Posted By: draggnastro Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - April 12th 2012 4:49 am
looks much more solid welded! good job.
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 03rd 2012 1:07 am
Well ,
I'm always doing something right?
I traded a 81 Z28 i had sitting out back for a paint job .
I'm not sure how good it will be but it's getting done ..
LOL
[Linked Image]
Posted By: River_Rat Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 03rd 2012 4:06 am
Lookin good!
Posted By: wookee Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 03rd 2012 4:19 am
What I see so far looks right.Painting the roof and cutting in the jams is the way to go......

.....Wookee
Posted By: Digz Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 03rd 2012 6:25 am
Id like to thank you for the detail on the panel bond. I have a project right now that had a side window filled using it and it has a hairline crack that you can move. I see a do over/weld is the way to go.
Digz
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 12:17 am
Oh she's really turning out sweet !! My friend new a guy who used to do custom stripe and flame work . I asked him if he wanted to do my Van and he was excited to get the job .
So today he spent most of the day laying out the design i wanted right on the money to !!!
His name is Ken , and he did a fantastic Job !!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They are going to be white , yellow , orange , and blue tips . pin stripped with light blue .
Posted By: 86ed Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 1:04 am
that's gonna be freakin awesome! if I ever put flames on mine, they would be similar to that look but black.
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 1:42 am
ill save my "bitchin" comment for when its done lol
Posted By: lukester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 1:47 am
very cool,cant wait to see it with the flames.
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 4:03 am
Looking GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: SaabGuy Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 4:19 am
Good pics. It's like I can smell the paint.
Posted By: Wizard78 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 10:26 am
Sweet
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 12:57 pm
Originally Posted by Wizard78
Sweet

....... yeah
Posted By: wookee Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 20th 2012 1:45 pm
I love the smell of paint in the morning....

They should look great when they are un taped.

........Wookee
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 21st 2012 9:28 pm
well here it is in color with the tape pulled off . Next a full coat of clear ....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 22nd 2012 12:46 am
NICE !
Posted By: 86ed Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 22nd 2012 1:24 am
Awesome! Love it
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 22nd 2012 4:53 am
Very Very Nice!!!!!!
Posted By: 65dreamin Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 22nd 2012 5:20 am
yes!!!!! hot wheels/nice
Posted By: draggnastro Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 22nd 2012 6:56 am
beautiful!
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 22nd 2012 10:25 am
Sweet looking,love it.
Posted By: NateB Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 22nd 2012 8:43 pm
Smokin'!!! grin
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 24th 2012 11:05 pm
Thanks everyone , Here it is out for the first time clear coated .

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 24th 2012 11:58 pm
What rims are you planning? That thing is so cool so far. . .
Posted By: draggnastro Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 25th 2012 2:11 am
bitchin!
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 25th 2012 2:16 am
are you putting the flares back on it ?
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 26th 2012 1:05 am
are you putting the flares back on it ?

Oh yeah they will be back on .
Thanks everyone !

I picked the van up today i detailed the front grill section , i have alot of work to do , it still needs a color sand and buff , But i'm moving right along .
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 26th 2012 1:07 am
Originally Posted by Uncle_Fester
What rims are you planning? That thing is so cool so far. . .

I might take the uni fit cragars off the dodge and try them .
Then order direct fit ones for the dodge . will see .
Posted By: Bigair49 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 26th 2012 4:12 am
Originally Posted by c1run1
Thanks everyone , Here it is out for the first time clear coated .

[Linked Image]

wow that looks sweet
Posted By: chevyvan93 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 26th 2012 6:06 am
Sweet looking van.
Posted By: NateB Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 26th 2012 1:19 pm
Looks great Joe!
Posted By: River_Rat Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 26th 2012 2:34 pm
Wow. That is sharp! Is this the same van that you took the teardrops out of?
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - August 26th 2012 9:03 pm
Originally Posted by River_Rat
Wow. That is sharp! Is this the same van that you took the teardrops out of?

Yes sir and thank you everyone ,
well i had a bad day i called it t 5 PM , i was working on two vans at once , then i went to this one and started to install the cargo door seals and work my way around .
i think i installed the slider door seal wrong i couldn't get the door to close right .
I tried like heck to save it but i couldn't . I just ordred a new one .
time for a shower and a few beers ..

here it is i detailed the front and installed the grill .

[Linked Image]
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 04th 2012 2:17 pm
i spent most of the weekend wet sanding , i hope to have it buffed out by the end of this week . I still have to sand down the front part of the cab and i'm good to go with the polishing and buffing .

[Linked Image]
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 08th 2012 11:07 pm
well i had a bit of a delay , weather and other things but i knocked it out today .
You might not think much or it but i completely color sanded it and buffed it three times then a coat of wax thats a long day , or two days i should say .

[Linked Image]

ANd here it is shiny again .

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 1:52 am
holy crap joe, you sanded it so much it turned yellow and has a chopped top on it now lol
Posted By: draggnastro Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 1:56 am
beautiful!
Posted By: radicalran Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 2:31 am
Joe, just caught up with this one. Wow the van looks great. Nothing like sanding and buffing to make a guy feel good. Awesome!
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 2:52 am
wonder how the cragars on the yellow van would look on there ?
Posted By: newkirkinc1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 11:05 am
Looks great Joe,i like it very much.
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 11:29 am
holy crap joe, you sanded it so much it turned yellow and has a chopped top on it now lol

haha
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 11:30 am
wonder how the cragars on the yellow van would look on there ?

I went to the local speed shop for a price on new cragars . just under 700.00
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 11:31 am
Originally Posted by radicalran
Joe, just caught up with this one. Wow the van looks great. Nothing like sanding and buffing to make a guy feel good. Awesome!

Well my hands and arms don't feel that good Randy > LOL
but yeah your right .
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 11:33 am
Thanks guys , once i get the new wheels on and the flares she will really look good . Then up for the auction Block ..
Posted By: PYSCHOWard Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 09th 2012 12:33 pm
Good work,red paint and Flames, always makes a winning combination.
Posted By: 86ed Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 10th 2012 2:13 am
man, I love those flames! van looks sweet! your gonna sell the Chevy?
Posted By: Superbeast Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 13th 2012 4:58 pm
Holy shit! When you said it was being painted, I had no idea!

It looks awesome!

Can't wait to see this one in person.
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 15th 2012 9:42 pm
Originally Posted by Superbeast
Holy shit! When you said it was being painted, I had no idea!

It looks awesome!

Can't wait to see this one in person.

Thanks Buddy !!
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 15th 2012 9:45 pm
Boom !!
Here they are Cragars 15 x 8s

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lee7673 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 15th 2012 10:34 pm
Looks sweeeeeet!!!!!
Posted By: wookee Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 16th 2012 9:59 am
Very Nice!!!!!!!!

.......Wookee
Posted By: NateB Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 16th 2012 1:20 pm
Wow..that van is just plain awesome. 'nuff said!
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 16th 2012 1:23 pm
................ yay dig it ! cheers
Posted By: al55 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 16th 2012 5:23 pm
Man oh man that is some sharp lookin' ride!!!!!!! cool
Posted By: Virtual Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 16th 2012 7:57 pm
Looks great Joe ! Love the color combo.
Posted By: lukester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 16th 2012 8:06 pm
Wow your van really looks great. cheers
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 16th 2012 10:18 pm
Thanks Everyone cheers
This weekend i hit it hard with the interior . I searched high and low for Paneling the older style and came up empty . After a week of searching i resorted to a thin pice of finished Luwan . . I stained the intire interior and did alot of cleaning .

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So if you have old style paneling laying around better hold on to it because all i could find was fake wood paneling .
Posted By: HighwayStar Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - September 16th 2012 10:25 pm
Very cool !
Posted By: bfmccasper Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 14th 2013 5:03 am
I saw this van on ebay. Did ya sell it? Looks nice
Posted By: dragonartlord Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 14th 2013 7:11 am
Very nice work, flames are classic. and of course cragars!!
Posted By: Uncle_Fester Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 14th 2013 1:19 pm
hey C1Run1, how was the rope attached to the walls and such in the interior , or did you ever really look ? I like the idea of the rope like that, but have never figured out how to mount it. . . .
Posted By: GhostRyder Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 14th 2013 11:33 pm
must be glued Fester, I tried it with nails and didnt work to good
Posted By: c1run1 Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 14th 2013 11:51 pm
Originally Posted by Uncle_Fester
hey C1Run1, how was the rope attached to the walls and such in the interior , or did you ever really look ? I like the idea of the rope like that, but have never figured out how to mount it. . . .

It was painstakingly screwed in , i know i had to remove it and put it back .. LOL
Posted By: markdh Re: My little Hot Wheels Chevy - January 15th 2013 1:51 am
nice van nice paint job.good job
© Vannin' Community and Forums